Date: 10.31.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 2729
Buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Automatic essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Automatic essay

Buy Essay Online at Professional Writing Service - automatic essay

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality - Essay Writer, Auto Assignment Writer - Dr…

Nov 16, 2017 Automatic essay,

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Auto Writer | Dr Assignment

bible study homework Additional lessons may be found in the Student Workbook. If you are using the student workbook, answers to the lesson homework may be found here. You will need the password found in automatic essay, the back of the workbook. What is the Bible? The Bible is the compilation of writings from national internship, various authors over the course of essay, 3500 years. The Destructors. The Bible is the essay, inspired word of on self reliance, God transmitted through people. It is divided into the Old Testament (or agreement) and essay the New Testament.

Moses - Tablets of Stone. Kings their scribes - Papyrus Scrolls. Judges Prophets - Scrolls. Narrative Essay. How did the essay, Bible get into this form? The Bible was passed down from one generation to Roadmap Essay, another, first through story, song and essay memorized passages, then on tablets of stone or Papyrus reeds flattened to form a type of hobbes first nature, paper. Each book was recorded separately onto scrolls, and automatic compiled by palace of versailles definition, Jewish priests and automatic essay Bible scholars.

Eventually the national gallery of art, Bible was translated from essay, it's original language, Hebrew, into Greek, then Latin. For years it was kept from the essays on self reliance, common man because only priests could read Latin. Automatic. Finally John Wycliff produced the first English version, then William Tyndale wrote a layman's version and was killed for it. Martin Luther believed everyone should have access to the Bible, so he wrote a version in German and in doing so was excommunicated from the gallery, Catholic church. This act was how the Protestant church began. King James I ordered the first official version of the Bible in England, known as the King James Bible. Why are there so many versions? There's not a lot of automatic essay, difference in the various versions, with the exception of the Catholic Bible which includes a dozen or so extra books that were not generally accepted by the early church leaders. Each translation interprets the narrative, original Hebrew or Greek language a little differently, however you will find many versions of the same translation in essay, the book store.

Examples of translations are: New International Version, American Standard Version, New Revised Standard, New English Version and so forth. Law Of Nature. Some variations of the automatic essay, same translation contain extra study materials, definitions, targeted devotionals, maps and so forth, for first nature example: The Women's Devotional Bible, The Student Bible, The Life Application Study Bible and the NIV Quest Bible are all NIV translations. The difference between an automatic essay actual translation and law of nature a paraphrase, for example The Living Bible or The Message, is that a paraphrase is someone’s interpretation of the Bible written in everyday language. Automatic Essay. Why is For Starting Own Business Essay every sentence numbered? For the purpose of automatic, study, the palace of versailles, books were divided into automatic essay, chapters, and men themes the sentences numbered so that people could refer to specific passages. How can I be sure it’s accurate? Much debate has centered around this question. I believe the automatic, Bible is the first law of, inspired word of essay, God, true and inerrant.

It has certainly stood the national of art, test of time. Automatic. The internet is filled with debate on both sides. You should study the the destructors, Bible to essay, make your own determination. Narrative Essay Structure. What’s the best way to automatic essay, study the hobbes law of nature, Bible? Ideally you should study the Bible in automatic essay, a group setting because the discussion leader and other members of graham greene the destructors, your group can help you understand difficult passages. You should have a good study Bible to read, which includes definitions, references to other related scriptures and automatic side notes. National. If you stay with this course, keep up with the weekly reading, and do the homework you will soon find you are making great progress in understanding the automatic, Bible. Additional reference material can be found: By Wesley Ringer. by hobbes nature, John W. Essay. Miller. How the palace of versailles, Bible Came to automatic essay, Be. On Self. Lesson 2 Homework.

1. What was the earth before God began creating it? The earth was just a vapor, a mist. 2. Have you ever experienced the grandeur of God in automatic, nature? Describe your experience: My husband and palace of versailles I love to SCUBA dive so I have been blessed to experienced the wonders of the automatic essay, deep, the vastness of the ocean and the amazing creatures that God created to live beneath the reliance, sea. Automatic. I've stood on top of the destructors, Mauna Kea, on the Big Island of Hawaii and automatic marvelled at Parents Essay, the shadow of the automatic essay, earth and the nearness of the stars. I've hiked through the example, Northwest wilderness, gawking at the mountain peaks along the automatic essay, North Cascade Highway in Washington State.

But I have to say the most profound life-changing experience has been the birth of national gallery of art internship, my own two children. Of course God reveals himself in all of nature. Automatic Essay. Who else could create a world so filled with creativity, order and national internship beauty? Every intricate detail works together so perfectly. All this can't be just chance.

3. List what God created on essay each day according to greene the destructors, Genesis 1: Day 2 - Sky and automatic essay Land, Plants Trees. Day 3 - Sun, Moon Stars. Day 4 - Fish Birds. Day 5 - Animals Reptiles. Essays. 4. What did God do on the 7th day? Why? He rested -- to reflect on all that he created.

5. What surprises you the automatic essay, most about this account of creation? For me, the purposeful order in which everything was prepared for man before he came into existence. God not only knew what he was doing, he did it with excellence. What was the light described in nature, verse 3? He says repeatedly, it was good. What did God intend for people to automatic essay, eat? Why is it important to rest one day a week? Additional reference material can be found: Science and Roadmap For Starting Essay the Bible. Lesson 3 Homework. Essay. 1. With what did Satan tempt Eve? Why did this work? 2. What is your greatest temptation?

3. How did Adam respond to first, God’s call? Why? 4. What were the essay, consequences of Adam Eve’s sin? 5. What did God do to 12 angry, cover Adam and Eve’s sin? What qualities do you see in a good marriage from Gen.

2:24-25. Separating from essay, mother and father, the two become one. That oneness is God's idea of the perfect marriage. Parents. The two were naked, totally honest with nothing hidden, and essay they were unashamed to be that way with one another. According to gallery internship, James 1:13-17, what are the automatic essay, consequences of giving in to graham greene, temptation? Next we decide we must have it (we want it) Then we rationalize our wrong decision (we had to have it) The result is death. How did Adam and automatic Eve know they were naked?

The fruit opened their eyes to their nakedness (helplessness?). Why were Adam and Roadmap Own Business Eve banished from the Garden of Eden? Because if they had not been banished they might have eaten from the other tree, the automatic, tree of life, and would then live forever in How to for Aging Parents, their sinful state. God protected them from themselves. How can we be free of our sin?

We are set free of essay, sin because of the of art internship, death of automatic essay, Jesus on the cross. Hobbes Nature. He paid the price that covered our sin once and for all. Automatic. We need only acknowledge this sacrifice and accept the salvation that Jesus' death bought for us.

Order Custom Essay Online - Essay Writer, Auto Assignment Writer - Dr…

Automatic essay

Custom Essay Writing Service - Auto Writer | Dr Assignment

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service - AI In Education — Automatic Essay Scoring – Hubert ai –…

How to automatic, write a great author bio that will connect with readers. Your book is riveting, but your author bio is a snooze. If you’re afraid the above sentence may describe you, well — don’t be too hard on first law of nature, yourself; plenty of brilliant authors freeze up when it comes to writing about themselves in sound-bites. They’re more comfortable creating lush fictions, not highlighting their own career achievements and personal anecdotes in automatic essay (as Morpheus from for Aging Essay example The Matrix says) “the desert of the real.” But comfy or no, you need to create a brief and essay compelling author bio for use on your website, book jacket, press releases, and more.

In this article we’ll take a closer look at essays the key elements of an interesting bio, and also figure out which details should be omitted. Your author bio isn’t the place to tell your whole life story. 250 words is automatic, a good starting place . Once you’ve got that version firmed up, you can create a slightly longer version for PR purposes, or cut it down to 50 or 100 words for other uses such as contributor pages in a print publications, social media profiles, etc. Many poetry journals have asked me to send them a bio as short as 25 words, which is the same length as this very sentence. Telling your story in the 3rd person may seem a little pretentious at first, but it does make it easier to talk confidently about first law of, your achievements. Give it a try. 3. A little history goes a long way.

Ask yourself, “does anyone care where I’m from?” If you’re writing a series of detective stories set in San Francisco and you were born and raised in the Bay Area, sure — that detail could be crucial to your bio. But if your book is a paranormal romance set in Russia, do we really need to automatic, know you were born in Iowa and now live in essays reliance Maryland? (I’m guilty of this myself; just look at my author bio below!) Mentioning your birthplace, your year of birth, your parents’ occupation, they’re just some of the automatic essay, default things we put in greene bios: Mary was born in Dayton, Ohio in 1953 . We begin at the beginning by habit. Boring! Cut to the good stuff that really matters to your audience. Automatic. Maybe your parents’ occupations are crucial to your own story. Just be sure of that before taking up any extra words in what should be a succinct bio. 4. 12 Angry Men Themes. Your older books may not matter.

Again, this isn’t a dictum, merely a consideration — but mentioning the books you’ve already published MIGHT BE a waste of automatic words. Think about it: if you’re Stephen King, everyone already knows what you’ve written; if you’re a relatively unknown author, no one cares what you’ve written. If you’re in the later camp, the only thing that matters is that the How to Care for Aging Essay example, details of your life which you choose to include in automatic your bio make the reader want to reliance, crack open your book. 5. Automatic. List SOME of your literary achievements. It’s usually wise to mention any big literary prizes or awards you’ve won, plus the most impressive moments from your publication history. This sort of stuff establishes credibility.

If you’re a highly celebrated writer, no need to be exhaustive (and probably no need to Roadmap Own Business, read this article further, since I’m assuming your author bio is already killer). One thing that is common in the poetry world is to mention where you currently teach, since many poets are also academics. While this does establish credibility, that detail is essay, so ubiquitous in bios that it’s rendered somewhat meaningless. Plus, the way things are going in higher education, you might be adjunct-ing at a new school in greene the destructors a new city every 12 months anyway. 6. Essay. Mention the most relevant professional, educational, travel, or personal experiences. Once again, it’s about pulling in the details which will resonate with your readers and which fit snuggly with the topics you’re writing about. Essays Reliance. If you’re a crime novelist, your background as a NYC arson detective is going to interest people. Essay. If you’re a cancer survivor writing about healthy attitudes towards aging, mentioning your personal medical history is crucial.

Writing a Mediterranean cookbook? Talk about how you spent a year going back and forth between Spain, France, Italy, and Greece. It’s tough to see your own life and career objectively. So ask your friends, family, and fans what they consider to national internship, be the most important or interesting aspects of automatic essay your life story. Get the advice of your editor, agent, or writing group. And be sure to take good notes on what they suggest! I always recommend writing a few different versions of your bio.

Pass them around and reliance ask for feedback. Then combine the most compelling sections from each version to create an unbeatable Voltron of an author bio! Whether you write fiction, essays, self-help, or instruction manuals, you’re hoping to make a connection with your reader. Your bio is also a chance to make a connection, so be sure the thing doesn’t read like a Wikipedia entry. Give it some quirk and character. Make the vibe match your aesthetic. Light and chatty.

Dark and brooding. Urbane, but with a weak spot for essay, Wendy’s hamburgers. Remind us that you’re human. What does your author bio look like? What difficulties did you have writing it? How has your author bio changed as you grow in your writing career?

Let me know in the comments section below. Chris Robley has written 570 posts in this blog. Chris Robley is an award-winning poet, songwriter, performer, and music producer who now lives in Portland, Maine after more than a decade in Portland, Oregon. His music has been praised by NPR, the Roadmap For Starting Own Business Essay, LA Times, the Boston Globe, and others. Skyscraper Magazine said he is “one of the essay, best short-story musicians to come along in quite some time.” Robley’s poetry has been published or is forthcoming in POETRY, Prairie Schooner, Poetry Northwest, Beloit Poetry Journal, RHINO, Magma Poetry, and more. He is the 2013 winner of Boulevard's Poetry Prize for Emerging Writers and the 2014 recipient of a Maine Literary Award in the category of Short Works Poetry. 51 thoughts on “ How to write a great author bio that will connect with readers ” If you guys are like me, and agree with Chris about ‘freezing up’, I highly recommend Odesk or Elance. Post the job and what you’re willing to pay.

You’ll receive tons of replies, which you then need to sort through. I usually pay $25.00 for a 250 word write up. Hire two or three writers to sum it up for you, then edit, or combine the best parts if need be. Cheating? Sort of. Guilty as charged. Thanks for the suggestions. Will check ’em out. is it alright to use the phrase ‘is a poet and wordsmith’, in 12 angry men themes my author bio. Well, if space is automatic, limited, I think it’d be better to say those things while also pointing out reliance something you’ve written.

Like, “… is the author of …” That way you’re getting at the accomplishment AND the skill in the same sentence. Thanks for this awesome guidance chris Robley. Automatic. I am a new author and was looking for this type of stuff. I thought the achievements go from newest first, and oldest last. It that correct? Thank you so much! Typically, yes, your most recent work/awards should go first, unless there are others in your history that make you more recognizable. If you have a bestseller in your catalog, or a prestigious award – you might want to graham greene the destructors, lead with that info. During the essay, Korean War, I was an assassin for the United States Government. 65 years later I cover three live missions in Roadmap For Starting a full length account during that time.

No one, from the top down, would ever admit to automatic essay, what my story covers. Something else to Roadmap For Starting Own Business Essay, consider for essay, the short-short version of one’s author bio, the version which will accompany your author photo on the back of Roadmap Your your next book: If the themes of your books differ significantly from each other, you may find it better to custom-design a separate bio for each book. For my novel “Bead of essay Sand,” in which Civil War reenactors figure largely, I mentioned my lengthy experience as a living history reenactor in my bio blurb, and my author photo showed me in uniform playing the fife. Neither this photo nor this bio blurb will be appropriate for 12 angry, the story I’m currently writing, which is completely unrelated. I think we might call this kind of maintenance of author bios, adjusting the essay, blurbs to suit their purpose, sort of “keeping it green” – live and lively. The only element I should except would be the speak-in-the-third-person one. Having read tons of resumes, knowing that a third-person voice is likely being written by the person whose name is on the resume makes him seem as if he’s trying to 12 angry men themes, artificially elevate his stature by subtly suggesting someone else feels this way about him, too. I think it’s not an ego trip to present one’s accomplishments with a personal thrust. It does, however, require a delicate touch to not appear overly self-effacing. A resume in a collection could (50/50 here, IMHO) be delivered in a third-person voice, as it then represents one in a list of automatic others who are involved with [whatever].

It would be there at the behest of whomever is 12 angry men themes, running the show and not the individual whose bio material we’re reading. As always, just IMHO, of course. I very purposefully wrote my website in the first-person, because I wanted to brand myself as relatable and I thought that writing in essay the first-person was a very practical way to do that. My author bio seemed like it belonged somewhere else when it was the essays on self reliance, only page written in automatic essay third-person; so I changed it. I do, however, keep an updated third-person copy of men themes my bio in automatic essay case it ever comes in handy some place else. My current e-book is on self reliance, a character drama about automatic essay, three troubled women in an international modelling contest. Internship. With no promotion whatsoever, it went viral for a few months, downloaded 2000 times.

I cannot see any relationship between my life and my story. I am a man to begin with. My first success was as a headline hero racing bike in Mexico. My book about engineering won first prize in an international literary contest, got included in reading at high schools and universities, and automatic got fan clubs at Roadmap For Starting Own Business OxBridge, Harvard, and UBC, that I know of, as well as other awards. I got six years of automatic essay school. Expelled five times for writing what the How to for Aging, schools did not want to read. The second expulsion became a series in MACLEANS that sparked the interest in automatic alternative schooling. Why would any woman wanting to For Starting Your Own Business Essay, read a story about competing women be interested in essay this CV? Um, off the top of my head – If your female characters come across to essays, your female readers as believable, you being a male author sets you apart. Many male authors create female characters who display behaviour more typical of essay men than of 12 angry women. Essay. (For example: stress response – fight or flight, or tend and befriend?) Obviously, typical “male” and “female” behaviours show up only when we look at large groups of people; any given individual is most unlikely to How to Care for Aging example, be average or typical in everything in all situations. But if all your female characters display male-type behaviour on all fronts all the time, I’d be wondering if there was a new type of automatic essay exogenous androgen leaching into the drinking water.

Your racing bike background suggests that whether you were making bikes or racing bikes or both, you should have a good understanding of the nature of of art internship competition, of how to balance risk vs. reward, of when you get better results from essay cooperating than opposing, etc. – all principles that could apply to other competitive situations such as modelling contests. Getting expelled from national gallery internship school for writing that which your schools thought should not be written might say things about you that would make you interesting to automatic essay, a thoughtful reader – for example, was your being expelled related to characteristics such as being observant, analytic, accurate, not bound by essays reliance political correctness, thinking outside the box, refusing to comply with directives you saw as stupid/dangerous, a tendency to relay unpopular messages impolitely (now that could make for automatic, fun reading), and/or . . . . On Self Reliance. ? As for automatic essay, engineering background/knowledge, it’s totally relevant if your target audience is female or male nerds and things like wardrobe engineering, social engineering, gaming theory, AI, neuroperceptual engineering, or any other kind of engineering is involved in your story. (As Wikipedia says, “Engineering is the application of mathematics and scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge in order to invent, innovate, design, build, maintain, research, and improve structures, machines, tools, systems, components, materials, processes, solutions, and organizations.” Any of that going on in your story?) In the spirit of full disclosure – I’m a female, motorcycle-riding, risk-averse science fiction reading mother of an engineer – Dear Ms. Arsenault, I am grateful for your thoughtful and Care Parents well-considered response to my pique about authors’ bios. Automatic Essay. Although this is not the place for a conversation, I want to national of art, answer your points.

My reply extends to 1000 words. I think this longer than the monitor will pass, so I am Sending merely one paragraph on automatic, the chance that a live monitor will think it will interest other story tellers who peruse these responses. I have sensed that the average woman has better communication between the How to Parents, two sides of her brain than the average man; her senses are keener by resonance. All-together women are more likely to consider all sides of a conflict; manly men bulldoze through. Men see only automatic, what they look at; peripheral vision enables women to spot signals of intent like a martial artist. Women are implicit, men are explicit, like East and hobbes first law of nature West; the automatic essay, East does by magic what the West does by national internship engineering — any unknown technique looks like magic or woman’s intuition. Automatic Essay. Women lack muscle mass; they must avoid collisions like a bicycle. How To Care For Aging Parents Essay. Women have one centre of gravity whereas men have two. Automatic Essay. The lagging upper centre causes the adolescent male swagger; actresses can’t imitate it in gender benders — they should weight their shoulder pads with 10 pounds. Women have an inner stability affording quick reflexes that surprise men. Women are oppressed; they get their way by first law of learning to pretend submission, as do children and automatic menials.

Their act is mistaken for their nature. Girls manipulate male weakness; men hate them. Women use male power; men love them. Of Art. Women are more supportive and intimate than men; isolated women suffer anxiety. Automatic. Women have children and hormones that want children; responsibility handicaps women. Nothing would change the world so drastically as making men sick for a week of every month; no general would start a war he could not win in Own Business three weeks. Men see women as children with boobs; women write their male characters paper thin. Romantic women do not realize that their hero’s dashing urbanity is supported on a sense of essay superiority like a Southern gentleman’s genuinely generous and kindly noblesse oblige is graham greene, built on slavery; the highest virtue rises on the basest vice. Essay. That is what subtext is all about. Women should write male characters only when they feel that men hurt, too. Dear Ms.

Arsenault, It looks like 1/4 of men themes my reply to automatic, you got on. This is the rest. A few trials proved my bio counterproductive. I was seated on gallery internship, stage as guest of essay honour behind Buckminster Fuller when he spoke here to a packed house of 3000.

Bucky graduated from Harvard, I did not graduate from high school; culture clash makes me poison ivy in academe. Neither does my track record sell a character drama. My first expulsion ended my public schooling. Care For Aging Parents. My photographic memory wrote exams without error. I was working a 40-hour week doing a man’s job and I lived on my earnings. I refused to be treated as a child. Automatic Essay. I was there to learn, not to hobbes law of nature, be taught; pedagogues do not know the difference. 5 years later, I was designer-salesman and paid public speaker. My employer started training me to supervise the largest construction projects in the country; with little schooling, my employer led the local industry. That is how I learned the practical engineering that made my best-seller, reviewed in the NY TIMES. I was expelled a second time for an assigned term essay telling Why Kids Quit School.

I told it like it is. Submitted to the national magazine, that rejected essay inspired a series fomenting the popular interest in alternative schooling that swept the country in automatic the ‘60s. I was rejected again for writing a term narrative that was “too mature for a student.” The next year, it was performed as an audio opera starring Canada’s #2 actress of stage and big screen. My opera was mature; my school teachers were not. My e-trilogy is an greene the destructors, action crime mystery with song and automatic dance scenes, an almost paranormal character drama in greene a tragicomedic road show about naive fish out of water. It is soap opera for the thinking woman. The market returned its verdict on my essay, my opera, my best-seller, and my first novel went viral briefly.

My stories can’t be sold, only discovered. You question that a man can create female characters. I agree. Essay. And women write men skin thin. Men Themes. What do you think of STEEL MAGNOLIAS?

My main protag is a singleton raised as a son by her General Dad in an overprivileged home; I do not expect many readers to automatic essay, know such an unusual character better than me, so I have a wide margin for error. Most readers know a humble family like my second protag’s, a girl who wants it all; I am not a girl, not a sib, not popular, and I don’t want it all, so what do I know? I speak through the third character whom no reader will believe. Fledgling story tellers are told to know everything about Roadmap For Starting Own Business, their characters. Detail is not character; motive creates character. Complex motives create complex characters. Circumstance creates motive; complex circumstance creates complex motives. Motive drives character. Character drives plot. Automatic Essay. A story is about somebody who wants something; ET wants to go home.

Writing is blocked when motive is lacking. Culture dichotomizes reality into subjective and objective, inner and 12 angry men themes outer, female and automatic male, yin and Roadmap Your Own Business Essay yang. Women are supposed to essay, live inside; a man with an inner life is disparaged as effeminate. My observer is blind; she can function only by bringing her outside inside. My characters are searching for their other halves —- which is basically what romantic fantasy is all about. Everybody believes the authorized fantasies; whole people are not believed in the demimonde of Essay illusion. Whole people are paranormal. In stories, people seek to find or escape from automatic essay what is missing in their lives. My protags are are not proper women because their parents did not provide all their spirits need to be whole. They search for their whole selves throughout their stories. Greene The Destructors. The whole self is the treasure in the cave guarded by the fearsome dragon, the essay, pearl beyond price, the Kingdom.

Every morning, I read a couple dozen bios of my competition. I downloaded books by a couple dozen of the most interesting. Not a half-dozen held my interest; one is delightful. An awesome flair for words and essays expert knowledge do not construct a story. I should not read the bio before I read the book; likewise, no one should read mine. For the curious and for readers who know, I wrote strategies and automatic engineering into of art internship, my story. A veteran winner whose parents won’t let her lose, my main protag tells how to win. “Never lead. You will be exhausted. Stay behind the automatic essay, leader. National Gallery. All the trouble will be behind you, and you have only one to beat in the dash to the line.

And never forget the one behind you.” Leslie spun on automatic, the ball of her foot as she dropped her left knee, hands on Own Business, the floor, to sweep her extended left foot behind Nikki’s advancing heel. The girl went down with a painful yelp as her legs split. Still turning, Leslie straightened both legs against oncoming Erin’s rearward thigh to roll the tall girl over automatic essay, her rising hips. “What are you?” Nell gasped. Ann sneered, “Aw, she’s just a cranky old gymnast showing off her floor routine.” Ann was Argo champ before entering the modelling contest. Whether my protags are feminine depends on defining nature from culture. My main protag is a dancer; she tumbled her attackers with a dance routine. Is dance unfeminine? A woman who can’t defend herself is a child. A motorcycle mama might appreciate the car chase when my character shows how they drive in a Bemidji blizzard, describing tach and traction, heel and toe, clutch and gear, and weight distribution for controlled skids; her big brother races stock.

Don’t try it at How to Care home, girls. I am driven to write only when nobody will listen to me about some pernicious, popular persuasion. The publishing industry is striving for essay, popularity. I am not. I have a message. One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest told a message.

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold carried a message. 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 are warnings. 007 is For Starting Your Essay, popular. Harry Potter is automatic, popular. The Hunger Games isn’t even trivial.

Mea culpa for responding impulsively to Mr. Robley’s blog. National Internship. There is no fault in his telling what readers expect of authors’ bios. My petty plaint at feeling left out served nobody’s interest. You made my day. You are a good read and atypical.

Hooray! good information for automatic essay, how write their bio for essays reliance, blog’s. Thanks. Catch you later. Automatic. Gotta go re-do my bio! Thanks for the tips! #128578; As well the useful info, I really enjoyed the Care for Aging Parents example, humor in your piece, Chris. There is such a deluge of advice about the right way to do things (such as write an author bio), that it’s very refreshing to have humor woven in! Thanks! Also want to add that as I was tackling writing an “about the essay, author” page for the back of my novel, I found myself really favoring first person as a way to Roadmap Your Own Business, connect more directly with those who had just read my 500+ page historical novel. Essay. (I wanted to say thank you–but didn’t.)

Good advice Chris… However, the important question to ask yourself, before you commence writing a bio: “Why do you do, what you do?”… it is more important than – “Who you are?”. The Bio are also assisting potential readers to choose your work. To connect readers to on self, your work, one needs to essay, tell them as to Roadmap For Starting Your, why have I written that book? Third person or first i think depends on the person writing it; but both can be done well. Always get someone to check it for you also, so it sounds natural and to the point – i believe this is most important. Yeah, for me writing in automatic third person is odd, I prefer telling the story about me from my own, not someone else.

Actually, it usually depends on an editor or publisher’s editorial policy. I hate writing third person bios but I have seldom been given the option. The one time I submitted without following the guidelines, I got it back with a “no, no” note. Thanks for these tips! I just needed some of them for inspiration to gallery of art internship, create my own About page. Check it out here: What do you think? #128578; I tried to make it short, human, and automatic essay funny.

Great Suggestions and will follow them. Such great advice here. Last one is so important–don’t forget the human touch. I infuse what I hope is graham the destructors, some humor into mine. Essay. I’m going to How to Care for Aging Essay, check the rest of my bio and compare it to this list. Thanks! I go for self-deprecating: I know just five languages, have edited just five orthopaedics books and just twelve engineering- and essay computer-related theses. The point that is kind of gallery internship insinuated but not said directly is this: your bio should help sell the book.

Start there and some of the resulting sections become easier. 3rd person has more credibility than first person statements (the exception might be a memoir). Facts about you as an author that either lend credibility in writing on the topic or just plain make you an interesting person win over boring lists of other traits. Automatic Essay. For example, where you live only matters somewhat if that is men themes, that is automatic essay, a predominant element in the book or your market wants to read stories by local writers. Sure, you can include statements in your bio just because they are important to you but put that inside the book. Use the published bio for the facts about hobbes law of, yourself that qualify you as an expert, or tip people’s interest in you which tips them into reading the automatic, book. Thank you for this, I really needed this for my website! …And we thought it doesn’t matter.

Added a perfect author bio now. Of Art Internship. #128578; Third person is automatic, good. It gets us past our self-consciousness. But first person brings us closer to our reader. So, start with third. And then edit to How to Care for Aging Parents, first when you think your book (or career) might benefit or when first might seem less artificial and liven this precious bio up a bit! Stick to essay, third person when you contact seems like the type who prefers formality. Best, Carolyn Howard-Johnson. I struggle with writing bios!

Your article was just what I needed to polish mine. Thank you so much, Chris, for your wonderful suggestions! Give me the chance to tell a story any day. The requirement to write about me, not so much. I like to reliance, include an “Author’s Note” in the back of automatic essay my historical fiction. But writing “About the Author” for a book or my websites always leaves me stressed. Thanks for the great suggestions – now to figure out how to put them to work, and hopefully reduce the stress at the same time. Chris, every author should read your “How to graham greene the destructors, write a great author bio that will connect with readers” and understand what makes them unique, so that reader’s get a glimpse of a life’s accomplishments earned and what makes their works worth a reader’s time. Today, author’s need to be chief cook and automatic bottle washers, becoming more than they should be. Writer’s should be writhing and leave all the of art internship, marketing to the so called experts.

Marketing is automatic, far from a perfect science, but when done right it sets that writer above the crowd. A short bio done right can connect reader and Roadmap Your Own Business author together that would otherwise not exist. 1. per essay, your request, below is my author bio. Mark Glamack’s professional history includes director, animator, producer, and writer for essays on self reliance, family entertainment in the motion picture and television industries from Disney to automatic essay, Hanna Barbara, and most other animation studios: Nominated for an EMMY for Essay, the series “Life with Louie”; elected six terms as Governor for the Academy of Television Arts Sciences; and as a patented inventor. Then one day out of the blue, God appeared to automatic essay, Mark asking him to national internship, write “Littluns: And the essay, Book of Darkness,” the most powerful experience of pure love he ever experienced, changing his life forever. The awards won for “Littluns” include: two GOLD “Mom’s Choice Awards;” one for Fiction, and also for “Young Adult Books” in the category of Fantasy, Myths Legends; the “Dove Award”, “The Indi Award”, and Honorable Mention at the New York Book Expo. Essays Reliance. You can read about the awards won, and reviews for “Littluns” at automatic essay http://www.littlunsblog.com. 2. You also asked, “What difficulties did I have writing my bio?” It wasn’t so much about being difficult, as it was trying to 12 angry, be thorough in 250 words, or less. That’s why I included the link to automatic essay, my full bio. 3. How has my author bio changed as I’ve grown in my writing career?

When I was on jury duty the Judge asked everyone to Roadmap, say a little about themselves. Automatic Essay. I asked him if he wanted the long or short version. Own Business. After I gave the automatic, short version, and finished with his request, he called me a Renascence Man. I never thought of that before, but I guess he was right given all the Roadmap For Starting Your, diverse things I’ve done. Although I’ve written scripts and automatic essay other works, not in a million years would I have even considered becoming an author. How To Care For Aging Parents Essay. Not that I wouldn’t be interested in becoming an author, but with seven projects developed over the last decade, I already had more on my plate than I could handle.

Just goes to prove that when with God, all things become possible. Now with sales to essay, justify a sequel to reliance, “Littluns”, it looks like there will be more to my bio as an author than I had ever thought possible. I always put “boulevardier, bon-viveur, ex-KGB assassin liar. Only one of these is true.” And we were not showing author bio till now, Did not know it needs that much.

By d way, This line is awesome – If you’re Stephen King, everyone already knows what you’ve written; if you’re a relatively unknown author, no one cares what you’ve written. Very good information on Importance of essay Author Bio.

Custom Essay Order - EssayTyper

Essay Writing Service - Automated essay scoring - Wikipedia

Short essay on Lawyer’s Duty to His Client. In the words of Blackstone legal profession is “a science which distinguishes the criterion of automatic, right and reliance wrong which teachers to establish the one and prevent, punish or redress the other”. The legal profession is the most independence one. A member of the legal profession never hesitates to essay condemn tyranny or injustice. A lawer stands for justice more than a judge, as he pleads for it. 12 Angry Men Themes! It is automatic essay, a wrong belief that the men themes, lawers promote dispute and difference in the society. The work of the legal profession is not to create disputes but settle the disputes whenever they arise. In fact lawers are peace makers in the society. Automatic Essay! It is often said by other professionalisms that the profession of law exploits the society and involves dishonesty and untruthfulness.

Again this is national of art, a wrong notion prevalent in the society of the simple reason that it is not the lawer who practices dishonesty and essay untruthfulness. Image Source: unitedlawyers-redsea.com. It is his client’s compelling necessity which he proves by his art of advocacy and reasons. The charge of insincerity against a lawer disappears once it is realized that the advocate is greene the destructors, engaged not in express his own views of the case but he is presenting and marshalling all can be said of his client view of it. Furthermore, legal profession is automatic essay, criticized that it does not add to the economic prosperity of a nation; and consequently a lawer is not an essential member of society. There is no doubt that it is peace which brings prosperity for a country and peace is the Parents Essay, result-of law and the lawyer. Had there been no law and lawyers there would have been chaos in essay society. However the Indian lawyer’s is a role specialist that is, he confines his occupational role to that of dispute processing in the court. The role specificity of the Indian lawyer promotes him to prolong and perpetuate dispute processing. The reason is because they hardly have any other role to pick on. The profession of greene the destructors, law is noble calling.

It is one of the automatic essay, most brilliant learned and attractive professions. It needs not only high depth of learning but also a sense of social responsibilities which calls for How to Care Parents Essay, the high and essay noble conduct. The legal profession is an important limb of the machinery for administration of How to for Aging example, justice. Automatic Essay! Without the presence of a well developed and organised profession of for Aging Parents Essay example, law, the courts would not be in a position to administer justice. Law is a noble profession, but it is also an elitist profession. Its ethics, in practice, (not in theory though), leave much to automatic be desired, if viewed as a profession for the people. But law’s nobility as a profession lasts only so long as the members maintain their commitment to integrity and services to the community. The profession of lawyers ordains a high level of ethics as much as in the means as in the ends. Men Themes! Justice cannot be attained without the stream being pellucid throughout its course and that is of great public concern, not merely professional care. The profession of law has been recognized as profession, a trade or a business; nor is an attorney, a trader or a businessman. A lawyer has got to remember that he is expected to automatic essay be a gentleman in the true sense of the term in every little or big act in his profession.

In fact, no government can function without law and first law of nature without the services of the legal profession. In other words, legal profession is an automatic honourable profession, as ancient as magistracy, as noble as virtu and reliance as necessary as justice. A lawyer, as part of a learned profession, has many obligations and essay duties of a honourable nature. It was not expected of a lawyer to bargain for any fee or to speculate on the result of litigation so as to determine his fees. The contingent fee is an men themes innovation of modern legal profession. The legal profession in India, which exists today is the outcome of the legal system introduced by the British during the eighteenth century.

The legal profession in automatic India as elsewhere is largely creature of statutes, though in some measures, customs, convention and usages also play an important role. It is, therefore, necessary to have an acquaintance with the legal framework in order to appreciate the provisions relating to professional ethics and professional responsibility vis-a-vis the Indian Bar. Duty to His Client: In India, the lawer’s relations with his client are primarily a matter of contract. The relation is in the nature of agent and reliance principal. The agreement determines to what extent the counsel can bind his client by his acts and statements; what extent shall be his remuneration, whether he will have a lien on his client’s property etc. It is evident, however, that as lawyer is automatic essay, also to conform to graham the ethical code prescribed for him by law and usage, he cannot be a mere agent or mouthpiece of his client to carry out essay his bidding. A special responsibility rests on 12 angry men themes, the members of the Bar to see that the parties do not mislead the court by false or reckless statements on material matter.

An advocate is not the servant of the essay, client that engages him, but the true position is that he is the servant of justice itself. He is thus in a sense a member of the body judicial and hence it follows that he can commit no graver betrayal of on self, his function than to essay deceive the court by means direct or indirect. An advocate Stands in a loco parent is Roadmap For Starting Your Own Business Essay, towards litigant. A member of the Bar undoubtedly owes a duty to his client and must place before the court all that can fairly and reasonably be submitted on behalf of his client. It is the duty of an advocate to welcome his client in the chamber. The client must also not feel that his presence is unwanted. The advocate must give a patience hearing to the client and whenever necessary must make enquiries. He must reply to the client’s letter and he must not hesitate to communicate to his client even an unfavourable result as promptly as one would like to communicate a favourable result. An advocate should treat his client with much importance and sincerity. While giving opinions to the client the counsel’s duty is to act as a judge, responsible to God and man, he should advice sincerely and honestly to the best of his ability though its consequences may be loss of prospective gains.

If a pending dispute is likely to be settled either by the opponent’s counsel or it is the desire of the presiding judge, the counsel must put his all sincere efforts without bringing any pressure on his client to bring about settlement. But if the client is automatic, ready to stand a risk and though he is advised settlement, he desires the case to be fought to an end it is the duty of the advocate to do to the best of his ability, skill, understanding and For Starting Your Essay legitimate means to automatic essay bring about success. When the litigation ends the lawyer should return the brief to Roadmap For Starting Your the client and he should not betray the confidence of the client even if he is not engaged in automatic the appellate court. Though it will amount to repletion it will not be out of place to make mention in that the essays on self reliance, relation in that the relation between the advocate arid the client is here utmost good faith and essay confidence. So, it is the duty of an advocate not to accept retainer from other clients who had furnished him with confidential reports. The advocate’s duty is to argue in the court the strong as well as the weak points of the case. Roadmap Essay! Fixation of fees is yet another duty. He shall fix such fees as reasonable and justifiable. It is common practice that if the case is to be tried in a court of far off place or different jurisdiction the automatic, clients would incur the expenses of conveyance. The advocate should not utilize this for meeting his own expenses.

In the same way the money received from the client, other than fees and expenses, for the purpose of procuring any documents or proof shall be reasonable. Trough Indian Vakalatnama form empowers the advocate to do all that is necessary including com pro mi seethe case, but it does not mean that in view of the express authority his client’s concern is endorsable. He should be prompt in men themes communicating to the client the happening of the court, reply to his queries and the result of the case, irrespective of the defeat or success. He should also act judiciously and wisely like a judge while handling the client’s case. One must not forget that an advocate is a .representative of the automatic, client and not an agent. After the case is Care Parents Essay, over, it is the duty of the advocate to carefully return the brief to the client with all documents and certificates. The Bar Council of automatic essay, India has laid down the following duties of an advocate to his client:

1. An advocate is bound to accept any brief in the courts or tribunals or before any Authority in or before which he professes to practice at a fee consistent with his standing at the bar and the nature of the case. He may refuse to accept a particular brief provided that his refusal is justified in the special circumstances. 2. An advocate shall not ordinarily withdraw from engagements once accepted, without sufficient cause and unless a reasonable and sufficient notice is given to the client upon his withdrawal from a case he shall refund such part of the fee as has not been earned. 3. An advocate should not accept a brief or appear in a case in which he has reason to graham the destructors believe that he will be a witness; and if after being engaged in automatic a case, it becomes apparent that he is a witness, he should not continue to appear as advocate. It is his duty to retire, if he can without jeopardizing his client’s interests. 4. An advocate should at the commencement of his engagement and during the continuance thereof, make all such full and frank disclosures to his client relating to 12 angry his connection with the parties and any interest in or about the controversy as are likely to affect his client’s judgement in either engaging him or continuing the engagement. 5. It shall be the duty of an advocate, fearlessly, to uphold the interests of automatic, his client by all fair and honourable means without regard to any unpleasant consequences to himself or any other. He shall defend a person accused of a crime regardless of his personal opinion as to the accused, bearing in mind that his loyalty is to the law which requires that no man should be convicted without adequate evidence. 6. Roadmap For Starting Own Business! An advocate appearing for the prosecution in a criminal trial shall so conduct the prosecution that it does-not lead to conviction of the innocent. The suppression of material capable of establishing the innocence of the accused shall be scrupulously avoided.

7. An advocate shall not directly or indirectly, commit a breach of the obligations imposed by automatic essay, section 126 of the Indian Evidence Act. 8. Roadmap Your Own Business! An advocate shall not, at any time, be a party to fomenting of litigation. 9. Essay! An advocate shall not act on the instruction of any person other than his client or his authorized agent. 10. An advocate shall not stipulate for a fee contingent on the results of litigation or agree to share the proceeds thereof. 11. An advocate shall not buy or traffic in or stipulate for or agree to receive any share or interest in any actionable claim. How To Parents Example! Nothing in this Rule shall apply to stock shares and debentures or government securities, or to automatic any instruments which are, for the time being, by law or custom negotiable or to any mercantile document or title to goods. 12.

An advocate shall not, directly or indirectly, bid for national gallery internship, or purchase, either in automatic his own name or in any other name, for his own benefit or for the benefit of Your Own Business, any person, any property sold in essay the execution of a decree or order in gallery of art any suit, appeal or other proceeding in which he was in any way professionally engaged. This prohibition however, does not prevent an advocate from bidding for or purchasing for his client any property which his client may himself legally bid for or purchase provided the advocate is expressly authorized in writing in this behalf. 13. An advocate shall not adjust fees pays payble to him by his client against his own personal liability to automatic essay the client, which liability does not arise in the course of his employment as an advocate. 14.

An advocate shall not do anything whereby he abuses or takes advantage of the confidence reposed in him by his client. 15. An advocate should keep accounts of the client’s money entrusted to him, and the accounts should show the amounts received from the client or on his behalf, the expenses incurred for him and the debits made on account of fees with respective dates and all other necessary particulars. 16. Where money are received from or an account of a client, the entries in the accounts should contain a references, and during the essays, course of the proceedings, no advocate shall, except with the consent in writing of the client concerned, be at liberty to deliver any portion of the automatic, expenses towards fees. 17. 12 Angry Men Themes! Where any amount is received or given to him on behalf of his client the fact of such receipt must be intimated to the client as early as possible. 18. Where the fee has been left unsettled, the advocate shall be entitled to deduct, out of any money of the client remaining in his hands, at the termination of the proceeding for which he had been engaged, the fee payable under the essay, rules of the courts in force for the time being, or by then settled arid the balance if any, shall be refunded to the client. 19.

After the termination of the proceeding the greene, advocate shall be at liberty to appropriate towards the settled fee due to him any sum remaining unexpected out of the amount paid or sent to automatic him for expenses, or any amount that has come into his hands in that proceeding. 20. A copy of the graham greene, client” s account should be furnished to essay him on demand provided the of art internship, necessary copying charge is paid. 21. An advocate shall not enter into arrangements whereby funds in his hands are converted into essay, loans. 22.

An advocate shall not lend money to essays on self his client, for the purpose of any action or legal proceedings in which he is engaged by such client. 23. An advocate who has, at any time, advised in connection with the institution of a suit, appeal or other matter or has drawn pleadings or acted for a party, shall not act, appear or plead for the opposite party. 24. Lastly, an advocate should never make use of any weak points or material facts of his former client for winning the case of another client. In all circumstances the automatic, advocate should strive to earn the good faith and confidence of the client by his honest, sincere and effective discharge of duties. Welcome to Shareyouressays.com! Our mission is to provide an online platform to help students to discuss anything and everything about Essay.

This website includes study notes, research papers, essays, articles and other allied information submitted by visitors like YOU. Before publishing your Essay on this site, please read the For Starting, following pages:

How to buy essay cheap with no worries - AI In Education — Automatic Essay Scoring – Hubert ai –…

Best Essay Writers Here - Essay Writer, Auto Assignment Writer - Dr…

6 common resume problems and how to automatic essay fix them. This article originally appeared on LearnVest. When job hunting, your resume has a way of For Starting Own Business Essay highlighting little career imperfections in black and white. Maybe you’ve job-hopped, had a long gap between gigs, or earned a degree that requires explaining (hello, art history majors!). Is there a way to smooth over these resume imperfections—without being dishonest? You betcha. You just have to get creative, be upfront and do a little rebranding. Automatic Essay! We spoke with job coaches, recruiters and candidates who have been in your shoes to find out how best to fix six of the most common resume flaws. Problem: You Want to Change Fields, but Don’t Have Any Experience. What to Do: Play up your skills, not your positions. “What skills have you gathered in your previous positions that would be helpful in another job?” asks Lea McLeod, a career coach and the founder of on self Degrees of Transition, a job coaching firm.

That’s just what she did with her client, Todd Mauvais, 29. Though Mauvais had been teaching music for six years, he wanted a more stable career. He applied to essay government jobs for a full year before he intended to make his transition, but nothing panned out, and Mauvais wasn’t sure why. Once he began working with McLeod, the problem was clear: He didn’t lack skills—he simply hadn’t identified the 12 angry men themes right field to apply them. “Because Todd had a job where he commuted among multiple schools to teach arts classes, he was an automatic, exceptional self-manager,” she says. “He also promoted summer arts programs to increase enrollment, was a great public speaker and presenter, and was comfortable in front of graham a room.” She helped him recognize that this skill set translated perfectly to a career in sales. Mauvais rewrote his resume to focus on automatic essay his relationship building, speaking and promotional skills, and greene the destructors, reached out to a craft beer distributor he thought would be a good fit through LinkedIn. In just over a month, the former music teacher was hired as a sales associate, and is still happy in automatic, his role there today. Problem: Your College Degree Isn’t Directly Relevant to the Job or Field. What to Do: If this describes you, don’t worry, you’re hardly alone. “Only specific fields—like engineering, graphic design, health care/medicine, pharmaceutical and automotive, to name a few—require related degrees for entry-level work,” explains corporate recruiter Dennis Tupper. “Otherwise, companies are seeking someone who is coachable and moldable, will work hard and has a vested interest and law of nature, passion in the company or industry.” Taylor Brady, 23, faced this very challenge with his sociology degree. Having grown frustrated after three months of sending out resumes for jobs in social work and nonprofits without getting any response, he, too, reached out to automatic McLeod. “I had friends graduating from business school who were Excel wizards and first law of nature, such, but I had to be creative in regards to essay selling myself,” says Brady. Own Business! “To focus Taylor’s experience,” explains McLeod, “we called out his work with a grant-writing mentor as a ‘special academic project’ and automatic, included the types and values of the the destructors grants he had written, so it really popped when he was applying for the grant-writing jobs he really wanted.” He also led his resume with a “Special Skills” section, which highlighted the automatic essay key points of his past internships (including grant writing, donor database management and volunteer coordination), then provided more information about each role in graham, the “Work Experience” section. With McLeod’s help, Brady found his current role as a grant writer at a nonprofit by rebranding his resume to focus exactly on what he could do for his potential employer.

Problem: You Have a Big Gap Between Jobs. What to Do: According to automatic essay Jill Knittel, C.O.O. of recruiting and graham greene the destructors, staffing firm Employee Relations Associates, significant gaps between jobs are fairly common imperfections that can be handled with two different approaches. “One solution is to list just the automatic essay number of the destructors years or months you worked at your earlier positions, rather than the usual start and end dates,” Knittel advises. The other approach? “You can also use a functional resume, which elaborates on your skills, instead of automatic essay a chronological resume. This will take the graham greene the destructors focus away from time, and on to your abilities and what you can do for a company,” she says. Automatic! If asked in graham greene, an interview about the time frame of your resume, you will still need to be honest about the essay gaps, but either of these approaches can de-emphasize them on paper. Problem: You’ve Job-Hopped Frequently. What to Do: Jessica Bedford, a recruiter at Artisan Creative, a staffing agency that specializes in gallery of art, finding jobs for creative talent, recommends that job-hoppers include a “Reason for Leaving” next to each position, with a succinct explanation like “company closed,” “layoff due to downsizing” or “relocated to new city.” By addressing the automatic gaps, you’ll proactively illustrate the reason for your sporadic job movement and make it less of an essays on self, issue. “If you have multiple gaps or have filled the time with several temporary projects, you might also create a section called ‘Consulting Work’ or ‘Freelance Work,’ and list all of them under the automatic one section. With this approach, job seekers can account for a number of years at once,” recommends Bedford. If you stayed at a job for only a matter of months, consider eliminating it from hobbes first law of nature, your resume.

According to automatic essay The New York Times’ Career Coach, leaving a particularly short-lived job or two off your work history shouldn’t hurt, as long as you’re honest about your experience if asked in an interview. Problem: Your Resume Is Three Pages Long, and first law of, You Don’t Know What to Cut. What to Do: Tupper says that if you work in essay, an industry unrelated to one you worked in ten years ago, you can omit the details of that past experience and include only the graham greene years and essay, industries in graham the destructors, which you worked (so you don’t appear deceitful in essay, the case of a background check). For jobs you held several years ago that are in the same field, but don’t reflect your current “level,” keep descriptions brief. And, as mentioned above, in the advice for the destructors, job hoppers, jobs you held for automatic, only a few months can be eliminated, as long as you’re upfront about the experience if the subject comes up. Problem: You Haven’t Snagged That First Real Job.

What to hobbes law of nature Do: If little professional experience is the reason your resume is automatic essay, lacking, executive recruiter Bruce A. Hurwitz of Hurwitz Strategic Staffing recommends adding a subhead called “Related Employment Activities,” right under “Work Experience.” “You can fill it with volunteer work, online courses, short-term employment and Care example, consulting assignments—list everything from a part-time job to a webinar to an online course,” says Hurwitz. This section allows you to automatic essay explain why you’re the right candidate for the role—before a recruiter concludes you’re not. Don’t forget to include the valuable “soft skills” job candidates tend to underestimate, like the ability to resolve customer service issues, work with ambiguity, coordinate among different groups and negotiate with vendors. Today's post was written by 12 angry men themes a guest contributor. We invite our community members to share their experiences and ideas on how to find a job that makes a difference.

Want to contribute? Email us here Please note: We do not accept submissions from writers at content farms. Automatic Essay! Thank you for your cooperation. A great article that addresses many issues I#8217;m having at the moment thank you! Like what you're reading?

Never miss a post. Join 14,000 people who receive free daily tips on how to: Figure out Roadmap Your Essay your passion and purpose Stand out in your job hunt Succeed and lead in your social change career.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - Automated Essay Scoring | Measurement…

Write My Paper - Neural Networks for Automated Essay Grading - CS224d -… pdf

English and Comparative Literary Studies. EN123: RECENT ESSAY TOPICS/EXAM QUESTIONS. LITERATURE IN THE MODERN WORLD (EN123), 2008-09. 2 nd assessed essay. Automatic? Deadline Monday 11 May 2009 (summer term, beginning of week 4). Length: 2,000 words (Year 1 students); 3,000 words (Honours level students) The following topics are suggestions.

You are free to Roadmap For Starting Essay come up with a title of automatic essay your own so long as it is discussed with, and specifically approved by, your seminar tutor by the end of Week 1 of the Summer Term. Whatever the topic, your essay should focus on some aspect of work covered in the Spring Term. The mark will count towards your final mark for this module (in the case of hobbes law of year 1 students as 25%; for automatic other students, assessment patterns vary). Material used in the essay should not be substantially repeated in any other assessed coursework or examination. ‘What I have most wanted to do is to make political writing into an art.’ (George Orwell, ‘Why I Write’.) How far did Orwell and/or another writer you have read during the hobbes first, second half of the module succeed in this? ‘War worked as a thinning of the membrane between the this and the that.’ (Elizabeth Bowen, The Heat of the essay, Day .) Discuss how the process Elizabeth Bowen refers to is communicated either in graham the destructors, The Heat of the Day and/or in another work or works you have read during the second half of the module. It has been said that although Samuel Beckett wrote for automatic performance, he increasingly restricted the freedom of his actors and directors. Discuss this view in relation to a comparison between Waiting for Godot and hobbes first nature one or more of Beckett’s subsequent plays, such as Happy Days or Not I . ‘ write it!’ Is it true to say that problems of representation are the central theme of Elizabeth Bishop and/or any other author you studied in the spring term?

Critics of Heart of Darkness have argued about how adequate it is as a critique of essay imperialism. On Self Reliance? Either give your own verdict on automatic essay this question or consider whether there are other ways of approaching the novel, or both. A Grain of Wheat was published in 1967. Gallery Of Art? Is it the same novel today? 1 st assessed essay. Deadline 16 February 2009 (beginning of week 7).

Length: 2,000 words (Year 1 students); 3,000 words (Honours level students) The following topics are suggestions. Automatic Essay? You are free to come up with a title of your own so long as it is discussed with, and specifically approved by, your seminar tutor by 12 angry the end of Week 2 of the Spring Term. Whatever the topic, your essay should focus on some aspect of work covered in the Autumn Term and / or the first fourteen weeks of the Spring Term. The mark will count towards your final mark for this module (in the case of year 1 students as 25%; for other students, assessment patterns vary). Material used in the essay should not be substantially repeated in any other assessed coursework or examination. Discuss any work studied in automatic, the first fourteen weeks of the module in essays on self reliance, close relation to a relevant aspect or aspects of the essay, social / political / historical context in which it was written. 2 ‘The whole of literature [is now] the problematics of language.’ Roland Barthes. Discuss this notion with reference to 12 angry two or three texts you have studied on this module.

3 ‘He is a great hater of democracy, of the modern world, science, machinery, the concept of progress above all the idea of human equality. Much of the imagery of his work is feudal. He is best studied by someone who can approach a poet primarily as a poet, but who knows that a writer’s political and religious beliefs are not excrescences to be laughed away, but something that will leave their mark on even the smallest detail of his work.’ (George Orwell, in Horizon , January 1943, reprinted in William H. Pritchard, ed., W.B.Yeats , Penguin Critical Anthologies, 1972, 187-93.) Discuss this view of Yeats, or apply it to any other writer studied on essay the module to whom you think it relevant. 4 Consider the view that in the concern of Own Business Essay Eliot’s poetry with ‘different voices’, the voices of otherwise silenced women are particularly significant. 5 Discuss the treatment of one of the following in the work of any writer(s) you have studied in the first fourteen weeks of the module: urban life; work; technological change; families; nostalgia for the past.

‘Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.’ Is modern literature complicit in the process of disintegration referred to by Yeats, or does it merely reflect this aspect of the society in which it exists? Discuss the ways in which novels by Joyce, Kafka, Virginia Woolf or Henry Green substitute psychological drama for external event. ‘If we ask what it is automatic essay, [Orwell] stands for, what he is the figure of, the Care for Aging Parents example, answer is: the virtue of automatic essay not being a genius, of fronting the essays on self, world with nothing more than one’s simple, direct, undeceived intelligence, and a respect for the powers one does have what a relief! What an essay encouragement. For he communicates to us the sense that what he has done, any one of us could do.’ (Lionel Trilling) Discuss. Consider Wallace Stevens’s claim that that ‘In the presence of the violent reality of war, consciousness takes the place of the imagination.’ Is Tom Stoppard’s Travesties more than a clever work of criticism? LITERATURE IN THE MODERN WORLD (EN123), 2007-08. 1 st assessed essay.

Deadline 18 February 2008 (Spring Term, beginning of week 7). ‘blood shaking my heart / The awful daring of a moment’s surrender’ (T.S.Eliot, The Waste Land , ll 402-03). Nature? Discuss the view that, even at its most erudite, experimental and / or politically engaged, most modernist writing is at bottom about traditional themes like love and death. Discuss the use of narrative structure or narrative point of view in any two works of this period. Evelyn Waugh wrote that in Living , Henry Green created a literary language out of essay ordinary speech. Your Essay? Discuss this claim and its implications, whether in relation to Green or to another writer. What do imaginative writers tell us about the modern world which historians don’t? ‘Examine an ordinary mind on an ordinary day’ (Virginia Woolf, in ‘Mr Bennett and Mrs Brown’, 1924.) Which writer(s) of this period seem(s) to you to come closest to carrying out Virginia Woolf’s advice, and how is it done?

Make a case for comparing any work of this time with work in automatic, another form, medium or language (a novel with a play, a literary work with a musical or visual one, a text in graham greene the destructors, translation with its original). Discuss any work of this period in the light of the ideas put into automatic essay, play by 12 angry Tom Stoppard in Travesties . 1. Analyse the effects of either the Cold War or the Vietnam War on work of this period. 2. The use of literary texts to represent social, political and other cultural movements involves a risk that more ‘purely’ literary aspects or standards are neglected. Discuss any work of the period in the light of this issue. 3. At what point and in what ways do you see Modernism as having been superseded by Postmodernism in literature you have read for this module? 4. Michael Robinson has suggested that Beckett’s turn to theatre from automatic essay, prose fiction allowed him the ‘ability to provide visual evidence for language’s untrustworthiness’. Discuss how the untrustworthiness of language is treated in any work of Care for Aging example this period. 5. Automatic Essay? Make a claim for describing any works of this period as one of the following, while also considering any problems the label involves: philosophical; surrealist; nationalist; absurdist; religious.

6. The module covers a wide range of literatures and genres. With close reference to examples, argue the case for including some work written in this period in a form or from a national/linguistic culture not illustrated by the set texts. 7. Many texts of this period caused offence, often designedly, by on self reliance transgressing current codes of sexual morality or religious belief, or artistic or political conventions. Either a) discuss the merits of particular works in these terms, while also showing in what ways their immediate impact has and/or has not survived; or b) consider in detail today’s arguments about automatic, cultural / religious respect vs. freedom of law of expression in comparison with a mid twentieth century equivalent or equivalents. 1st assessed essay. 1. Write on the relationship between individuals and essay their physical context for example, home, neighbourhood, workplace in work you read for the first half of this module. 2. 12 Angry? ‘When the soul of essay a man is hobbes nature, born in this country, there are nets flung at it to hold it back from automatic, flight.

You talk to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly by those nets [ie, fly past them, escape them].’ James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916). Discuss attitudes to any one or two of these ‘nets’ (nationality, language, religion) in work by a writer or writers studied during the first half of this module. 3. Many writers of first this period have been embattled, whether literally or metaphorically. Automatic? Discuss how their work has used this condition. 4. From the reader’s point of view, what are the greene, essential differences between poetry and prose or fiction and non-fiction?

Your answer should focus on automatic essay specific examples. 5. Discuss in detail the connections between any written text of this period and work in another art form of the same period (for example, film, music, painting, sculpture). 6. D.H.Lawrence said that ‘in 1915 the old world ended’. Show how a work or works you studied in on self, the first part of this module represents a world conceived of essay as new, or continues an older tradition, or both. 7. Graham Greene? Discuss in detail the use of verse form by any poet studied in the first half of the module. 8. ‘My characters are conglomerations of past and essay present stages of civilization, bits from books and newspapers, scraps of humanity, rags and tatters patched together as is the human soul.’ (August Strindberg.) Discuss fragmentariness in work of this period. 9. ‘the ordinary town proletariat, the people who make the world go round, have always been ignored by novelists’ (George Orwell, ‘Charles Dickens’). Are Orwell’s words true of novelists in the period covered by this module?

10. Roadmap For Starting Your Essay? Discuss the narrative handling of time in any work of automatic essay this period. 11. ‘War, if you come to think of it, hasn’t started anything that wasn’t there already.’ (Harrison, in Elizabeth Bowen’s The Heat of the Day .) Discuss the view that war literature exposes some of the underlying realities of first ‘peace’. 12. ‘Committed art in automatic, the proper sense is not intended to generate ameliorative measures, legislative acts or practical institutions but to first work at the level of fundamental attitudes.’ (Theodor Adorno, in Aesthetics and Politics .) Make a case for describing any work you have read on essay the module as ‘committed’, in these terms. Preliminary essay (unassessed) 04/05 : roughly 2000 words. Deadline: week 7 seminar.

Answers to questions 1-3 should mainly focus on either two poems or one long poem. 1. ‘there’s more enterprise / In walking naked’ (Yeats, ‘A Coat’) Discuss the interplay between, on How to Care example the one hand, mythology, metaphor, allusion and other ‘poetic’ kinds of writing, and, on the other, a more ‘naked’ approach, with reference to essay work by Yeats, Eliot or William Carlos Williams. 2. Which of the poets studied in 12 angry men themes, the first half of automatic essay this term seems to you to respond most interestingly to the challenges of innovation? 3. Discuss the question whether the hobbes first law of, subject of The Waste Land is automatic, less the hobbes law of, breakdown of Europe than a process of automatic essay breakdown and reintegration as it occurs in the individual psyche. 4. Yeats’s ‘Lapis Lazuli’ and Brecht’s ‘To Those Born Later’ were written in, and about, the mid to late 1930s. Explore the similarities and 12 angry men themes differences between the two poems, particularly in terms of what they have to say about literature’s relation to its political context. 5. Compare an English translation (or translations) of essay any poem of the 1920s or 30s with the original, both in detail and in such a way as to make a more general point about the processes involved. Length: 2,000 words (Year 1 students); 3,000 words (Honours level students) The following topics are suggestions.

You are free to come up with a title of your own so long as it is discussed with, and specifically approved by, your seminar tutor by graham the end of automatic Week 2 of the Spring Term. Whatever the gallery of art, topic, your essay should focus on some aspect of work covered in the first half of the module. Before starting work, remind yourself of the guidance on assessed work given in the English Department’s Student Handbook, pp 9-12. The mark will count towards your final mark for automatic essay this module (in the case of year 1 students as 25%; for other students, assessment patterns vary). Material used in the essay should not be substantially repeated in Roadmap For Starting Essay, any other assessed coursework or examination. 1. Automatic? Discuss in detail up to three poems which for you characterise the best qualities of the work of Yeats or another poet.

2. ‘we know that Eliot’s methods were prepared for national internship him not by Freud but by other poets’ (Lionel Trilling). Consider Eliot’s work, or the essay, work of another poet or poets studied on the module, either as being about the modern psyche or as reworking earlier texts, or both. 3. ‘The jump between fact and imaginative reality’ (William Carlos Williams, ‘Spring and All’). Discuss any poetry you have read on the course to which you think these words can be applied. 4. Joyce said he sought to write Dubliners in a style of ‘scrupulous meanness’. What do you take this to mean, and how does it work? 5. The word ‘Kafkaesque’ is often used of national internship paranoid psychological states and sinister political situations. What do you see as the most striking elements of Kafka’s vision for a reader today? 6. Automatic Essay? Toni Morrison wrote as a young woman that what she found in hobbes first, the work of automatic essay Virginia Woolf and gallery of art another modernist fiction writer, William Faulkner, was ‘an effort to discover what pattern of existence is most conducive to automatic honesty and self-knowledge, the prime requisites for living a significant life.’ Make a case for reading any work of the period in 12 angry, this light. 7. The subject of war confronts the writer, perhaps more acutely than most other subjects, with problems of style and tone. Discuss any writer’s efforts to essay find an graham greene the destructors appropriate register for the unspeakable.

8. Readers have ‘the licence and injunction to read [any] work of literature with a sense of its latent and ambiguous meanings.’ Discuss how this idea works in practice in relation to essay any one work or group of works, considering any dangers in greene, the approach, as well as its advantages. 9. Fiction, fact, poetry, prose, essay, literature, argument, propaganda, myth, fantasy: discuss the boundary lines between any two or three of these, and how they have been crossed in writing of the period. 10. Discuss any translation you have read on essay this course, comparing it closely with the original. (You may, if you wish, compare two rival translations of the national, same text, but, again, with close reference to the original version.) Length: 2,000 words (Year 1 students); 3,000 words (Honours level students) The following topics are suggestions. You are free to come up with a title of your own so long as it is discussed with, and specifically approved by, your seminar tutor by the end of the Spring Term. Whatever the topic, your essay should mainly focus on some aspect of essay work covered in the Spring Term. Before starting work, you should have read the English Department’s guide to Essay Writing Scholarly Practice and also the notes on assessed work in the Student Handbook, pp 9-12. The mark will count towards your final mark for this module (in the case of year 1 students as 25%; for Roadmap For Starting Essay other students, assessment patterns vary). Material used in essay, the essay should not be substantially repeated in any other assessed coursework or examination.

1. ‘The relation of people to For Starting Your Own Business one another is essay, subject to the relation of each to time’ (The Heat of the Day, ch. 10). Explore The Heat of the Day and/or any other work you have studied on the module during the How to Care Parents Essay example, Spring Term in the light of these words. 2. What is the role of literature, storytelling and/or any other art form in If This is a Man and/or any other work you have studied on the module during the Spring Term? 3. ‘You see, my memory is defective’ (Pozzo in Waiting for Godot ). Discuss the theme of memory in Beckett's play and/or any other text studied in the second half of the module. 4. A quality sometimes praised in essay, Elizabeth Bishop’s work is its avoidance of ‘autobiographical self-excavation’. Either: If this is a negative way of praising her poetry, what would the 12 angry men themes, positive ones be? Or: Discuss the ways in which autobiographical self-excavation is in fact used in Bishop’s work, and/or in that of any other of this term’s writers. 5. Discuss the connections between form and meaning in work by any of this term’s authors. 6. The 1940s term ‘containment’ refers most immediately to the US policy of halting the expansion of Soviet power during the Cold War. It can also, though, refer to repression of dissidence or nonconformity closer to home.

How does containment, in whatever ense, figure in the work of an author or authors of this period? 7. ‘Literature, so far from manifesting any trend towards uniformity or standardisation, is evolving in automatic, the most disparate ways . . . it is Your Essay, a pity that English Literature is maintaining a narrow ascendancy tradition instead of broadbasing itself on all the diverse cultural elements and the splendid variety of automatic essay languages and dialects, in the British Isles and national gallery of art internship beyond’ (Hugh MacDiarmid, ‘English Ascendancy in automatic, British Literature’). Apply this argument to any of the on self, texts you have studied on the module during the Spring Term. 8. Write on the relationships - political and cultural, literary and formal - between Europe and Africa as presented by Ngugi Wa Thiong’o in A Grain of Wheat . 9. The Age of Anxiety; Theatre of the Absurd; the Empire Writes Back; the Other . Automatic Essay? What are the uses and limitations of one of these slogans or another label you have encountered - in relation to work you have read this term? 10. In most of the works studied this term, the Second Word War and its immediate aftermath are crucial presences.

At the same time, however, the physical world of war is often distant or marginal within those works. Explore the impact of war in any two works. 11. ‘Holy the men themes, groaning saxophone! Holy the bop apocalypse! Holy the jazz bands marijuana hipsters peace and junk and drums!’ (Ginsberg, Footnote to Howl ). The evolving forms of jazz music provided a vital cultural lexicon for the Beat poets, but jazz was also important to automatic British writers, notably for For Starting Your Own Business Essay Philip Larkin and other Movement poets. Explore and contrast the automatic, different ways in which any two writers you have read this term approach jazz or any other cultural practice / art form. Answer 2 questions. You are encouraged to show the range of your reading, and may include relevant works which are not set texts. In each of 12 angry your essays, though, you should at some point focus on automatic at least one work, or group of works, which you have read for the module. Do not substantially repeat material from assessed essays.

1. ‘All serious students of texts from the past texts of any genre are historians’ (E.D.Hirsch, Validity and Interpretation .) With close reference to work(s) studied on the destructors the module, consider how far they require historical contextualization and, by contrast, what it is about them that enables them to be read ‘for themselves’. 2. ‘How shall I be a mirror to essay this modernity?’ (William Carlos Williams, ‘The Wanderer.’) Discuss the ways in which the work of any writer or writer studied on the module responds to national of art internship this question. 3. It’s often said that one of the essay, characteristics of law of modern literature and drama is the substitution of psychology for external event. Show how any works of this period do, or don’t, bear out this idea. 4. Discuss the concept of automatic essay belonging (ethnic, racial, cultural, material, physical, psychological, etc.) in Care for Aging Parents Essay, some of the essay, works you have read for this module.

5. ‘Woman must write herself: must write about women and bring women to writing, from which they have been driven away as violently as from their bodies for the same reasons, by the same law, with the same fatal goal.’ (Hélène Cixous, ‘The Laugh of the Medusa’.) Consider the work of any writer studied on the module in the light of this statement. 6. ‘For perennialists, the nation is “rooted” in place and time; it is embedded in a historic homeland. For modernists, the hobbes first law of, nation is a creation. Automatic? It is consciously and deliberately “built” by its members, or segments thereof.’ (Anthony D. Smith, Nationalism and Modernism.) Discuss how either or both of these visions of nationalism is/are qualified in the texts studied. 7. Discuss the concept of ‘literature of fact’ in relation to any work studied on this module.

8. ‘We are at the end of our enquiry, but as often happens in the search after truth, if we have answered one question, we have raised many more.’ (J.G.Frazer, The Golden Bough .) Examine themes of certainty and/or ambiguity and/or relativity in literature of this period. 9. How would you justify distinguishing between poetry and prose in this era of free verse and poetic prose? 10. Discuss one of the following concepts / modes in relation to work studied on this module: polemic; religion; hybridity; formalism. 11.

Which of the works studied on Roadmap Your Own Business the module seem to you to have most to say to our own historical moment, and automatic essay why? 12. Make a case for including an graham greene the destructors author or genre not at present studied on the module, but belonging to automatic the same period (roughly the 1910s to the 1960s). In doing so, you should say what you would exclude to make the for Aging Parents Essay, necessary room on the curriculum, and why. Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, Humanities Building, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL.