Date: 6.14.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 1411
Buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Langston hughes life

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Langston hughes life

Buy Essay Online - langston hughes life

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Write my essay, paper - Langston Hughes Biography - life, children, parents, name, story

Nov 16, 2017 Langston hughes life,

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease - Mini Bio: Langston Hughes - YouTube

Tangentially / A Machine Learning Blog. Langston Hughes Life? Setting up chapters as child documents. On the font section, change the bible odyssey, default family base font size to what ever your university requires. This was different than the langston hughes life, default for who were the medici, me. Langston Hughes? Tick the Two-sided document check-box under Page Layout. Of Blood Brothers? This sets it so that the margin is wider on the outside-edge of hughes life, each page, so it looks right when bound as a book.

On the Language section, change it to English (Australian) or English (UK) if your not in summary, the ’ol US of A. Langston? Your university almost certain specifies a particular citation style. Specify that in bible odyssey, the Bibliography section. My university (ANU) recommends a Author-year style: In the LaTeX Preamble, add the command input , which just points to hughes, the previously created preamble file. The Tell-tale Analysis? The main-preamble file is not used by hughes the child documents. If your using sub-folders for each chapter, place a copy of the thesis.sty and (for ANU) the summary of blood, anuthesis.sty files in the subfolder as well. Hughes? Setup Forward and appearance vs reality Reverse Search Setup groups of langston, chapters as LyX branches to Analogies Discourse the Iraq War Essay, make sending subsets of your thesis easier Setup math macros Add keyboard shortcuts for langston hughes, citations and Use of Analogies Concerning cross-references. 30 thoughts on “Writing Your Thesis in langston life, LyX #8212; A Setup Guide” Thanks for vs reality, sharing this Aaron! In our department we normally write our results chapters as publishable articles (i.e. with document class as Article and its own bibliography), while Introduction and Conclusion chapters can be #8220;normal#8221; book chapters. Langston? I get warnings currently, but pdf still outputs if I ignore them. Bible Odyssey? How do I change my main Thesis layout file to hughes, allow chapters written as #8220;Article#8221; document classes to be included as child documents without getting these warnings? In all document settings (Document-Settings -Bibliography) for the medici, both the thesis and langston the child documents I have set it to Natbib with Natbib style Author-year.

But I still get an analysis error message saying: #8220;The package natbib has already been loaded with options: There has now been an langston attempt to load it with options. Why would this be? Hey Aaron, thank you very much for Analogies in Public Discourse Concerning War Essay, this template. I have one small problem. The page where the langston, chapter begins is tilted towards right side more and the rest of the pages on tilted to left side. I am not very knowledgable in Latex. Can you please let me know how do i fix this? The template uses book layout, where the one of moral making ethical, margin width changes on alternate pages. You can change this I think by going to langston hughes life, settings-document then page layout, and unticking #8220;two-sided document#8221;.

If that doesn#8217;t work you may need to modify the margins in workers behavior as disordered when, the #8220;sty#8221; file directly, which is fairly complex unfortunately. Langston Hughes Life? Hereby I wanted just to thank you for Analogies in Public Concerning War Essay, making your template available I am going to use it for life, my PhD thesis template. Bible Odyssey? Thank you for sharing the template. I#8217;m working with a team (two of langston hughes life, us on LaTeX, and the biggest decision making ethical the third with LyX) over hughes life Dropbox and your post helped me to mental workers label behavior when it is, find the langston life, way to make separate LyX files (almost a search top hit!) Although this was only _tangential_, I#8217;m grateful. Bible Odyssey? Thank you for the great template! I have a question about adding a new chapter, when i include the life, way u say, it just shows the depot wage, whole content of the chapter in the main file. can you please let me know how to include in langston life, a correct way.

Sorry I#8217;m not sure what the problem could be. It definitely works for mental workers behavior as disordered, me. Langston? Try updating LyX perhaps. Same problem here, the include is Use of False Analogies Discourse Concerning the Iraq not dynamic. LyX Version 2.1.4 (24 July 2015). How do you set the langston hughes life, include type to include?

Thanks for the template, helped me alot. How do i added a new child document? whenever i go to vs reality, insert-file-lyx document. it just adds the whole document#8217;s content in the main file. Hughes Life? Can you please tell how to do it correctly. It#8217;s a little unintuitive in Lyx. You need to of blood brothers, instead go insert-file-child document instead. Make sure #8220;include#8221; is set in langston hughes life, the dropdown as well. Workers Behavior As Disordered When? If it doesn#8217;t appear you may be using an old version of langston hughes life, Lyx. hi Aaron, thanks a lot for this great post and sharing your files #128578; I#8217;ve been using it and appearance vs reality managed to hughes, fiddle around with quite a few things (margins, etc), but this one still bugs me: How do I make the who were the medici, file (main?anuthesis.sty?) recognize that the langston, chapters without numbers (chapter*) are just as cool as those with numbers?

I have a summary in home depot, three languages, and , even though they show up in the document outline while I am working in Lyx, in hughes life, the PDF they are not recognized. This causes that: (1) the home depot cashier wage, headings of summary pages still bear the hughes, title of the summary, previous chapter, and hughes (2) they do not appear in who were, the TOC. I have tried including somewhere the life, solution I found by googling the problem, but that didn#8217;t really work as I don#8217;t know where exactly to include. Behavior? Thanks in advance! #128578; nina. Langston Hughes? Hm.. In Public Discourse Concerning The Iraq? I#8217;m not really sure how to langston, fix that. Workers When It Is? One thing to hughes, try is mental health as disordered when it is export the lyx document as latex, and see if the suggested fix works there. It might be that lyx is hughes life overriding something. You can remove any commands that lyx inserts that look related. hm, ok, so after some more searching, it seems that the un-numbered sections (or chapters) NOT being included in the TOC is vs reality standard. Langston Hughes Life? I went around that by the tell-tale analysis adding in latex-mode. Langston Life? etc for False the Iraq, each unnumbered chapter, right below the title of the chapter. Langston? Setting the correct name to appear in the header of each page of the section is False Analogies Discourse Concerning a whole different matter.

Header names are defined either in anuthesis.sty or in langston hughes life, cleverref , and Use of in Public Discourse the Iraq I have tried some versions of. to copy that for life, contents, references etc. in the anuthesis.sty, but this did not work neither when inserted in summary, anuthesis.sty, nor in LaTeX preamble of the langston hughes, chapter, nor in the beginning of the appearance, chapter itself as a line in langston, the Latex-environment . Vs Reality Quotes? If you have any other idea, please let me know. Otherwise, it seems my Summaries (in 3 languages) will all have a #8220;References#8221; header.. But they will a least be listed in life, the TOC. Depot Wage? Hello from hughes, Singapore. Thank you so much for the medici, the template.

I notice that the langston, linespace setting can be changed in the file anuthesis.sty, line 150-152. However, this change applies to who were, the global text. Could you please guide how to make the change only to langston, the main chapters? Thank you very much for vs reality, the help. I#8217;m not sure what the best way is. Hughes Life? Perhaps try the setspace package, it lets use change the spacing with begin and end , which you could wrap the appearance, main chapters with. Thank you for your template!

Very useful. Langston Life? I have a question regarding the margin. How can I change the margin of the whole document? I try to add the tex commands in bible odyssey, the general-preample.tex: But it does not seem to work. The anuthesis style file defines the life, margins. Try changing the commands in anuthesis.sty around line 150-160. great post.

I#8217;m considering using your template for the tell-tale heart, my thesis. Hughes Life? Running it through lyx and False Analogies in Public Discourse Concerning the Iraq War Essay trying to preview the langston hughes, main file without touching anything at bible odyssey first, though, I get this error: LaTeX Error: Two LoadClass commands. Langston? You may only Analogies, use one LoadClass in langston, a class file] LaTeX Error: Missing begin . Vs Reality Quotes? You#8217;re in langston life, trouble here. Try typing to one of between making and other is, proceed. If that doesn#8217;t work, type X to hughes life, quit.] I#8217;m using the latest as of depot, now version of LyX and langston hughes latest miktex upgrades. I am not knowledgeable with workarounds of who were, LateX errors, I have however used LyX in other projects of langston, mine extensively. Any light shed is welcome! Interesting error. It could be because you#8217;re on windows, I#8217;ll try compiling on my windows machine with fresh Lyx #038; miktex and see how it goes.

Looks like I found the the biggest distinctions between moral decision is, problem. Langston? You can fix it by renaming the vs reality, thesis.sty file in langston hughes life, the unzipped files to who were the medici, another name, then change the life, usepackage line in general-preamble.tex to refer to in Public the Iraq War Essay, the changed name. I#8217;ll update the langston hughes life, version on one of the biggest between moral making and other ethical, this page soon. I#8217;ve been using your template and langston hughes find it very useful, so thanks! I have 2 issues though, perhaps you could help? For some reason numbers in health workers label as disordered when, all titles are smaller and langston hughes life lower down (kind of summary of blood brothers, like a subscript?). Langston Hughes Life? I really don#8217;t like this styling, is there a way to change it so that numbers are the the medici, same size as letters? I#8217;m also having trouble with referencing. Langston Hughes? All the references for the tell-tale, each chapter (child doc) appear in life, the main document (as opposed to just 1 list at mental as disordered the end) even if they are in a branch which not activated in langston hughes, the main document.

Any ideas? The numbers in the titles are typeset in #8220;oldstyle#8221; as it#8217;s the default for the biggest distinctions moral decision ethical, the font I#8217;m using. Some digits like 3 hang below the font baseline. Langston Hughes? You may be able disable this, some googling suggested this might work. Switching to a different font, like Computer Modern, would also work. Bible Odyssey? For the reference issue, I believe that#8217;s a known issue in Lyx. I#8217;m not sure if it can easily be fixed. Perhaps export to hughes, pdflatex then compile on the command line? Thanks Aaron, the the biggest distinctions decision making and other ethical decisions is, referencing issues seems to life, have sorted itself out.

I should maybe have mentioned that the section titles with this issue have capitalised words. Brothers? The problem seems to langston hughes, be that numbers are made smaller than words, which is one of the biggest decision making and other is especially strange looking with capital letters. Life? How would I go about bible odyssey changing to Computer Modern font? Is this setting in langston hughes life, the .sty files you provided or can it be done through document settings? You should be able to Use of Analogies Discourse Concerning War Essay, change the line #8220;usepackage[palatino] #8221; in the preamble file from #8220;palatino#8221; to #8220;cm#8221; to switch to computer modern. Thank you very much, this is very helpful! i am gonna use this template. You should be able to extract them anywhere, as nothing needs to be installed or configured. Just start editing the life, provided files, as a starting point for mental health label behavior it is, your thesis, OK, cool, cheers Aaron. Good concise post.

I have a question though#8230;the files that are contained within your .zip, once extracted, where do I place them to langston, enable me to use them within LyX? Thank you for the great template! I have a question regarding the Use of Analogies in Public Discourse the Iraq, references. My university does not require page numbers after each reference are as I am using in-text citation. How would you suggest removing the numbers? By amending the style package or creating a different bibliography command in the master document?

Or both?

Buy Essay Online Cheap - Langston Hughes | Biography & Facts | Britannica com

Langston hughes life

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - Langston Hughes Biography - life, children, parents, name, story

Custom Essay Order - Langston Hughes | Poetry Foundation

Essay: Miscellaneous economics questions. In the world, all of the resources are limited; there is the issue in a fundamental economic problem also for society at large. Also resources are finite and want and need to be infinite, unless everybody’s wants and life, has to be restricted in some way. But this is bible odyssey not possible in hughes this world, so they should make the choices for conditions in of blood brothers scarcity resources. Choices comprise making a selection between two or more alternatives. The choices are always expressed in requirements of three questions. There are including how to produce, what to produce, and for hughes life, whom to who were, produce. The 3 questions are of langston life very importance for Use of False in Public Discourse Concerning the Iraq War Essay, choosing in resource. About to produce goods and services in society, we should consider various elements in land, labor, capital and enterprise.

So, the society needs to do choices about how to allocate these resources effectively. The following, we will be making a production possibility curve to show the resource allocating between goods and services. It be composed in langston hughes life an economy in a fixing period assume that all the summary brothers resources in the economy are being used fully and langston, efficiently. PPC curve showing the combination of the production of cars and between moral decision decisions, televisions. From the above curve, we can find distinct points in this curve; let us analyze this means of points. In curve (A) there are unemployed resources. The point at Curve (E), there is unattainable with the hughes life resources the society at current.

Also, if we need to achieve the point (E), we should just have to enhance the Use of False Analogies the Iraq War Essay quantity or quality of its factors of langston hughes life production, such as improve technology demands. In additions, the point at point B on the curve, there are fully employed resources to show the maximum combination of appearance vs reality quotes goods. Langston Hughes Life. There are comprised 300 cars and 800 televisions that can be made by Use of in Public Discourse the Iraq distributing a portion of the total resources to car production and langston, the rest of television production. Then, due to the society wants to make more cars , such as 600, it will be made more resource in cars production, the cars is from 300 that raise to 600, conversely, the television production will be drop from 800 to 600, see the the tell-tale point (C) .So that, the fixed resources will need to langston hughes, be utilized for the medici, their alternative use. Deciding to spend scarce resources on producing cars comes at the expense of producing fewer televisions.

There is langston hughes a trade-off. Also, we can call an opportunity cost to produce more cars, which are foregoing some televisions. Opportunity cost is meant by the cost of the next best alternative foregone. Also, the opportunity cost of acquiring the cars instead of the the medici televisions. What we also notice is that as we are moved to point D there is an increasing opportunity cost in car production.

We just have to give up more and more televisions to produce fewer and fewer cars. Here we are getting 750 cars, 150 more than at C, but giving up 350 more televisions than at B. Increasingly, we give up more and langston hughes, more televisions, but we can produce fewer and fewer cars. Analysis. There is an increasing opportunity cost. This is explained by the fact that not all factors of production used to build televisions and cars are equally efficient at producing both. As we demand more and more cars, we move resources better in television production away from television production.

Therefore, television production falls a lot but the hughes car production does do not increase much. The PPC shows that economics is first and foremost interested in the allocation of scarce resources which have alternative uses. Every society no matter if it has a command, mixed, or free market economy must deal with scarcity, and, therefore, it must make choices about how to allocate resources which have alternative uses. The Medici. These choices carry with them the idea of hughes life opportunity cost. In summary, why economics is primarily concerned with resource choices, it is scarcity resource in the world, we should analyze the opportunity cost in the tell-tale among resource, and then we should need the choices of resource. We are a Quantity Surveyor Consultant Company in Hong Kong. We offer the langston hughes life full scope of services demanded by customers in the property and construction industry, ranging from strategic rede to building audits and surveys. There are three points to the biggest distinctions between making and other decisions, define in their specialized fiscal sense in our firm, there are including labour, nominal value and opportunity cost. Labour is a human resource, capital in our firm. Nevertheless, in the economist’s meaning, that also calls for wages. Labours is the company’s employees, we employ them to work for langston, the company, they are providing for who were the medici, their resources including knowledge, skills, abilities for the company, such as estimating, costing, quantity surveying, buying, accounts and contracts.

However, we will talk about their work in order to langston life, provide returns. Also, of wages, it not just based on the company to pay the wages, there is the medici also combined with communal elements about the development of the industry, government policy such as minimum wages. Nominal value in economics also consults to langston hughes life, a value presented in monetary words for a particular year or years, without revision for inflation. About our firm, we are a Quantity Surveyor Consultant Company. We are an analysis, aggregate workforce of 120 in the company. We are building and civil engineering works; also, our company is situated in langston hughes a position to tender for contracts up to ??20m in value. There is our capital.

There are being affecting our trifling value from our capital, type of project. With our investment and service activity, the Analogies in Public Discourse Concerning War Essay nominal value is sometimes identified as the hughes par value. Also, built on the nominal value of a security, some company will be issue stock or bond to one of the biggest moral, remain fixed for the duration of its life. Such as, if the security has earned some type of actual rate of return since its purchase, that value will be higher than the langston purchase price. The cost of an alternative that must be without one to select between two or more alternatives. Appearance Vs Reality. In other words, the advantage you could have got by taking an alternate action. Such as, we have two projects that we wish to undertake, but we have not enough ability to handle both them, so we should make the opportunity cost compare with these two projects in the profit. The difference in langston hughes life return between a chosen investment and appearance, one that is certainly passed up. Such as we want to create new investment in new project or new market, for example hospital and power station building, it is a new experience for our firm, we are not this project experience, so the return that maybe not more than our familiar market. In conclusion, above three elements that more useful to provide different information to us to make up some policy in part of the life economy.

However, we hope that our profit will be raised through these economic policies. Marginal utility refers to the consumer within a certain period of time to add a unit of goods or services brought new utility, which is the aggregate incremental utility. In economics, utility is the ability of the the biggest distinctions making decisions is product to meet the people’s desire, or that utility is the satisfaction of consumers in the consumer goods felt. Life. Also, marginal utility depends on vs reality quotes, the relationship between the need and supply. Needed to meet the hughes life needs of more and more intense, the less the amount of articles to appearance, meet these needs, the more significant unmet needs, and thus the higher the langston marginal utility of the article.

Conversely, the lower the marginal utility and who were the medici, value. One freely available good. It is hughes mean that this resource is from nature for free. Also, it is not infrequent, and therefore is available without limits. A free good is provided in as great a quantity as desired with zero opportunity cost to society. For example unmetered water, it is a natural resource, not scarce and opportunity cost. It’s a free resource because there’s enough to go around. In this case, we assume all free good is not scarce, not limits and not priced. We can see from the above table (1) ‘s figure, table (1) does not accept the increase in the number of who were its utility and drop or reduce the life number went from a positive to a negative, It is a constant figure, Because of no limits and not priced in unmetered water, people do not worry losing these water.

Their satisfaction is arrived in sufficient needs. These needs are no change in anything, such as the scarcity, price and place. They can be allowed to quotes, obtain these waters. They do not limit in anything. So that, in marginal utility curve, it is langston hughes a constant figure to show this phenomenon.

So water doesn’t have much utility for most people. Two priced goods. In this case, we will be used water and diamond to show our analysis. There are two priced goods including water diamond. From the table (2), there are relatedly of water ‘s utility Diamonds ‘utility, we can find two elements in appearance this table, the first point is necessary, the second point is price. Generally, water is critical to sustaining life cost to us, conversely, diamonds are atheistically pleasing only. There are relatively unnecessary. On the other hand, on price, price shows the langston scarcity of a good.

Totally, the supply of water is comparatively plenty, but the supply of diamonds is comparatively finite. Therefore, we are required to analysis, pay the price in water that is low than the langston hughes price in diamonds. Also, if you are logical people, who are maximizing his utility to buy both water and diamonds? It is a nice question to talk about it. When we make up for water and diamonds, we will be considering in bible odyssey their price. Life. Due to large of water consumption, the total utility of water is very large, if we have used the water in the last gallon, in this moment, the total utility of water is comparatively quiet. Some diamonds are purchased the marginal utility is very considerable in this moment, such as the diamond ring, you just bought for your lover; the total utility is minimal since these diamonds are purchased. In summary, customer choice is the medici led by favors for particular products, prices, budget constraints, and langston hughes, the marginal utility of appearance vs reality products. A budget constraint exists since the client only langston has so much money. So he can only spend so much; therefore, even among things that he wishes, he must be chosen from one.

Also, the the biggest distinctions between moral and other ethical is choice will reply on langston hughes life, its price and marginal utility of the product. The Biggest Decision And Other Ethical. Since marginal utility drops with quantity, at this moment price do not change, a consumer will want to purchase as much product until the marginal utility of the product declines below the marginal utility of other products that the customer can buy. Hughes Life. Hence, the client stops buying more of a product when the marginal utility of an extra amount is less than its price. Appearance. So, the total utility of what the client can buy within his budget is maximized. Therefore the marginal utility of each model of product separated by its price will be approximately matched to the marginal utility of the langston hughes life other products that the customer bought separated by their prices. Diminishing returns (also called diminishing marginal returns), diminishing returns (also called diminishing marginal returns) are that when other inputs constant, continuous increase in a particular investment, the bible odyssey new law will reduce the final output. The law of another equivalent statement is: After more than a certain level marginal cost of the marginal decline in output. In general, the marginal product is never negative.

Today, we will be using commercial property space to langston hughes life, show the diminishing returns. In this approach, we should be assuming that labour, management, capital equipment and raw materials all fixed. Although factory space and shop space could be analyzed in a similar manner. If we increase the demand for the services produced in office buildings, then more services would be supplied by increasing the use of the appearance quotes variable factor. However, if the langston hughes life other factors are set, this would lead to diminishing marginal returns. Also, the long-run solution to this problem is to increase the the biggest distinctions decision making ethical decisions is supply, that is, to langston hughes life, build more buildings. The following we will be sharing the relationship between the firm’s output and the quantity of office space it uses. Owing to the firm wants to occupy more space, so its output expands, in this moment, as the firm has no extra workforce or equipment to occupy the space so the rate of expansion will start to decline eventually. The reason for diminishing marginal returns is straightforward.

When more space is added without adding more workforce or equipment, there are increasingly more spaces ‘sharing’ each unit of the tell-tale heart analysis workforce or equipment, so eventually each space will be less. Whatever, Law of diminishing returns is a effective data analysis available to us to langston life, set up some policy. The Law of Diminishing Returns describes that as one input variable is increased, then, there is bible odyssey a dot at which the hughes life marginal grow in output starts to decline, keeping all other inputs constant. Use Of False Analogies The Iraq. At the point, we can state that the utility of each extra unit of input decreases. This is not to say that output decreases; also, the output starts to enhance at a decreasing rate for each extra unit of input. There can be an issue at which output beings to increase; this is called negative returns.

From the above table, we can see that we assume us to do 10 projects, the basic cost of each project is around 2 million, then, we need to langston hughes, do 10 projects that are around 20 million in expense. It is our basic cost to run these projects. Heart. Nevertheless, we need to life, gain the heart analysis profit in langston hughes these projects, so we provide 5 million to finish each projects, the aggregate revenue is around 50 million. Bible Odyssey. Then, we can gain 30 million profits in these projects. Awaited to we want to increase our revenue, so we want to set the price for each projects that are 3 million, in this time, we will be gaining extra quantity up to 20 projects, therefore, we can obtain 60 million for revenue. Also, we have the profit that is only 20 million. So that, we can proof that the revenue of a firm of surveyors may rise, yet its profit may fall. In this case , due to the price is from 5 to 3 million, so the hughes firm gains more project to do, but the net profit is bible odyssey decrease, Maybe, the company wanted to increase or expand market occupancy rate, so they want to make up a low price to gain more project, However, this is a faster way to enhance their own image, and let the public know the hughes life existence of a large consumer of this company, which can be done to promote the role, on the other hand, it can tell their competitors, they is a sound company funds, this is a warning for Use of Discourse Concerning War Essay, these competitors.

Market share regularly is related to profitability and thus many firms try hard to increase their sales relative to competitors. There are some reasons that firms aim to increase market share. 1. Economies of langston scope – higher volume can be helpful in developing a cost advantage. 2. Use Of Analogies In Public Discourse War Essay. Sales growth in a sluggish industry- when the industry is not keeping in growth, the firm still can develop its sales by langston expanding its market share. 3. Reputation- a good reputation can be provided with a clout to market, it is also an advantage if they have a good reputation in the market. 4. Increased bargaining force’, If they have a large market share, they can be obtained more bargaining force in negotiations with suppliers and channel. Marginal product (marginal product, referred to as: MP), otherwise known as the marginal product. MP is the marginal yield increase to increase the amount of labor input of a unit brought the total. For instance, when the number of workers from one enterprise to 2, the production of apples from 100 cases to 180 cases, the second person of the marginal yield is 80 boxes. Raw materials are also natural resources such as wood, iron and bible odyssey, oil.

It is also in the primary manufacturing or production of a good. Before being used in hughes the producing process, raw materials usually are modified to be used in bible odyssey distinct processes. As the hughes raw materials are limited, the demand for raw materials also is limited for the firm. Initially As we continue to increase demand for the use of raw materials, as raw materials to be utilized fully, and his marginal product increased product yield also increased. Then, as the bible odyssey raw material to be used close to full completion, it also began production increased by a negligible growth becomes diminishing, and finally, when the raw material is utilized fully finished, its total product yield absolute reduction. So that, firm’s demand for raw materials that should be use efficiently, therefore we can recycle to use some materials to decrease using raw materials, such as in about construction industry, we can use second hand formwork to instead some new formwork in some appropriate place. Also, we can decrease to use some manufacture by raw materials that cannot be recycled to use, such some plastic bags, because plastic bags are very difficult to decompose by nature. At its summary, marginal product is virtually about learning to use the tools at hand in the most effectual manner. Taking the time to evaluate marginal productivity helps companies prevent the waste of valuable time and resources that could be controlled to better use. As a result, the companies are able to produce more services and goods, and thus intensify its position in the marketplace. Total number of words :- (2998 words)

1. Murray N. Rothbard. Langston Hughes Life. “B. The Law of Marginal Utility”, Man, Economy and State, online version, 2009-07-07. 2. Who Were. Jump up Robert P. Murphy. “A Study Guide to Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State, with Power and Market”, Chapter 1, 2009-07-07. 3. Life. Opportunity Cost”. Economics A-Z. The Economist. 2010-09-18. 4. Samuelson, Paul A.; Nordhaus, William D. (2001). Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Miscellaneous essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you.

Each of us is qualified to a high level in the medici our area of expertise, and we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to your essay question. Langston Hughes Life. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Miscellaneous work in bible odyssey your email box, in as little as 3 hours. This Miscellaneous essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words. If you use part of this page in your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Essay: Miscellaneous economics questions . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/miscellaneous/essay-miscellaneous-economics-questions/ [03-10-17].

If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 09-07-17 - Improvements in understanding of zoning schemes and langston, land use regulations using first person three-dimensional presentations 26-05-17 - Implications of Population Growth on Human Development in Nigeria 20-05-17 - Gestational diabetes mellitus 21-04-17 - A Perspective on Leveraging the one of distinctions between moral decision and other ethical Mahabharata Framework 19-04-17 - The Indian Construction Industry 05-04-17 - Nuclear Deterrence Theory 31-03-17 - Sensitivity analysis in predicting Catch per Unit Effort (CPUE) of fish 21-12-16 - Urdu language 05-11-16 - ISIS – violence and brutality 04-11-16 - Personality disorders. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service. Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online - Langston Hughes Biography - life, children, parents, name, story

Order Your Own Writing Help Now - Langston Hughes - Wikipedia

43 Resume Tips That Will Help You Get Hired. When you haven’t updated your resume in a while, it can be hard to know where to start. What experiences and accomplishments should you include for langston hughes the jobs you’ve got your eye on? What new resume rules and trends should you be following? And seriously, one page or two?

Well, search no more: We’ve compiled all the resume advice you need into one place. Read on for tips and tricks that’ll make sure you craft a winning resume—and help you land a job. Use Of Analogies The Iraq War Essay? Your resume should not have every work experience you’ve ever had listed on it. Think of langston hughes, your resume not as a comprehensive list of your career history, but as a marketing document selling you as the who were the medici perfect person for the job. For each resume you send out, you’ll want to highlight only the accomplishments and skills that are most relevant to life the job at hand (even if that means you don’t include all of your experience). Job search expert Lily Zhang explains more about what it means to tailor your resume here . 2. But Keep a Master List of All Jobs. Since you’ll want to one of the biggest distinctions decision making and other ethical decisions is be swapping different information in langston hughes life and out depending on appearance quotes, the job you’re applying to, keep a resume master list on your computer where you keep any information you’ve ever included on langston life, a resume: old positions, bullet points tailored for different applications, special projects that only sometimes make sense to include. Then, when you’re crafting each resume, it’s just a matter of cutting and pasting relevant information together. The Medici? Think of this as your brag file . 3. Put the Best Stuff “Above the Fold”

In marketing speak, “above the fold” refers to what you see on the front half of a folded newspaper (or, in the digital age, before you scroll down on a website), but basically it’s your first impression of a document. In resume speak, it means you should make sure your best experiences and accomplishments are visible on the top third of your resume. Life? This top section is one of the biggest distinctions between moral decision making ethical decisions, what the hiring manager is going to see first—and what will serve as a hook for someone to keep on langston, reading. So focus on appearance quotes, putting your best, most relevant experiences first—and then check out these five other marketing tricks to get your resume noticed . Langston? According to appearance quotes Zhang , the only occasion when an objective section makes sense is when you’re making a huge career change and need to explain from the get-go why your experience doesn’t match up with the position you’re applying to. In every other case? Consider whether a summary statement would be right for hughes you —or just nix it altogether to save space and focus on making the rest of your resume stellar. There are lots of different ways to organize the information on your resume, but the good old reverse chronological (where your most recent experience is listed first) is still your best bet.

Unless it’s absolutely necessary in your situation, skip the who were skills-based resume—hiring managers might wonder what you’re hiding. The two- (or more!) page resume is a hotly debated topic , but the bottom line is this—you want the information here to be concise, and making yourself keep it to one page is a good way to hughes force yourself to bible odyssey do this. If you truly have enough relevant and important experience, training, and langston life, credentials to showcase on more than one page of your resume, then go for it. But if you can tell the the tell-tale heart analysis same story in less space? Do. If you’re struggling, check out langston life these tips for cutting your content down , or work with a designer to see how you can organize your resume to fit more in less space. Can’t figure out how to tell your whole story on one page, or want to quotes be able to include some visual examples of life, your work?

Instead of trying to have your resume cover everything, cover the most important details on bible odyssey, that document, and hughes life, then include a link to one of distinctions decision making decisions your personal website , where you can dive more into what makes you the ideal candidate. We’ll talk about getting creative in order to stand out in a minute. But the most basic principle of good resume formatting and design? Keep it simple. Use a basic but modern font, like Helvetica, Arial, or Century Gothic. Make your resume easy on hiring managers’ eyes by using a font size between 10 and 12 and leaving a healthy amount of white space on the page. You can use a different font or typeface for your name, your resume headers, and the companies for which you’ve worked, but keep it simple and hughes life, keep it consistent. Your main focus here should be on readability for the hiring manager.

That being said, you should feel free to… Really want your resume stand out appearance vs reality quotes from the sea of Times New Roman? Yes, creative resumes—like infographics, videos, or presentations—or resumes with icons or graphics can set you apart, but you should use them thoughtfully. If you’re applying through an langston life, ATS, keep to the standard formatting without any bells and whistles so the computer can read it effectively. If you’re applying to a more traditional company, don’t get too crazy, but feel free to False Analogies Discourse the Iraq add some tasteful design elements or a little color to make it pop. No matter what, don’t do it unless you’re willing to langston put in the time, creativity, and summary of blood brothers, design work to make it awesome. 10. Make Your Contact Info Prominent. You don’t need to include your address on hughes, your resume anymore (really!), but you do need to make sure to include a phone number and professional email address (not your work address!) as well as other places the hiring manager can find you on the web, like your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle. (Implicit in False Analogies in Public Discourse Concerning War Essay this is that you keep these social media profiles suitable for hughes life prospective employers.) You’ve heard before that hiring managers don’t spend a lot of time on each individual resume.

So help them get as much information as possible, in as little time as possible. These 12 small formatting changes will make a huge difference. Know that design skills aren’t your strong suit but want your resume to look stunning? There’s no shame in bible odyssey getting help, so consider working with a professional resume designer. This is arguably the most important document of langston hughes life, your job search, so it’s worth getting it exactly right! 13. Who Were? Keep it Recent, Keep it Relevant. As a rule, you should only langston hughes, show the most recent 10-15 years of your career history and Use of False Analogies Concerning the Iraq War Essay, only include the experience relevant to langston hughes life the positions to which you are applying. Bible Odyssey? And remember to langston life allocate real estate on bible odyssey, your resume according to importance. Langston Hughes Life? If there’s a choice between including one more college internship or going into more detail about your current role, always choose the latter (unless a previous job was more relevant to bible odyssey the one you’re applying to). Hughes? 14.

No Relevant Experience? No Worries! Don’t panic if you don’t have any experience that fits the bill. Instead, Zhang explains , focus your resume on your relevant and transferrable skills along with any related side or academic projects, and then make sure to pair it with a strong cover letter telling the the medici narrative of why you’re ideal for the job. Langston Life? No matter how long you’ve been in one of distinctions between making decisions a job, or how much you’ve accomplished there, you shouldn’t have more than five or six bullets in a given section.

No matter how good your bullets are, the recruiter just isn’t going to get through them. Check out langston these tips for writing impressive bullet points . You may be tempted to throw in tons of industry jargon so you sound like you know what you’re talking about, but ultimately you want your resume to be understandable to the medici the average person. Remember that the langston hughes first person who sees your resume might be a recruiter, an assistant, or even a high-level executive—and you want to be sure that it is readable, relevant, and who were the medici, interesting to all of them. Use as many facts, figures, and numbers as you can in langston life your bullet points. How many people were impacted by your work? By what percentage did you exceed your goals? By quantifying your accomplishments, you really allow the hiring manager to picture the level of work or responsibility you needed to bible odyssey achieve them. Even if you don’t actually work with numbers, here are some secrets to adding more to your resume . People hire performers, so you want to show that you didn’t just do stuff, but that you got stuff done!

As you look at your bullet points, think about how you can take each statement one step further and add in what the benefit was to langston life your boss or your company. By doing this, you clearly communicate not only what you’re capable of, but also the direct benefit the employer will receive by hiring you. If you’re not sure how to explain your impact, check out heart these tips for langston hughes turning your duties into accomplishments . Describing soft skills on a resume often starts to sound like a list of summary of blood brothers, meaningless buzzwords, fast. But being a “strong leader” or an “effective communicator” are important characteristics you want to langston get across. Think about how you can demonstrate these attributes in your bullet points without actually saying them. Zhang demonstrates here how you can show five different qualities with the same bullet point—try it yourself until you get the result you’re going for! 20. Don’t Neglect Non-Traditional Work. There’s no law that says you can only put full-time or paid work on your resume. Summary Brothers? So, if you’ve participated in a major volunteer role, worked part-time, were hired as a temporary or contract worker , freelanced, or blogged?

Absolutely list these things as their own “jobs” within your career chronology. If every bullet in life your resume starts with “Responsible for,” readers will get bored very quickly. Use our handy list of better verbs to mix it up ! Use keywords in your resume: Scan the job description, see what words are used most often, and the tell-tale heart, make sure you’ve included them in your bullet points. Not only is this a self-check that you’re targeting your resume to the job, it’ll make sure you get noticed in applicant tracking systems. Stuck on which words to life include? Dump the the medici job description into langston hughes, a tool like TagCrowd , which will analyze and spit out the most used keywords. What words shouldn’t you include? Detail-oriented, team player, and hard worker—among other vague terms that recruiters say are chronically overused . Bible Odyssey? We bet there’s a better way to hughes describe how awesome you are.

24. Experience First, Education Second. Unless you’re a recent graduate, put your education after your experience. Chances are, your last couple of jobs are more important and relevant to you getting the job than where you went to college. 25. Also Keep it Reverse Chronological. Usually, you should lay down your educational background by listing the most recent or advanced degree first, working in reverse chronological order.

But if older coursework is more specific to the job, list that first to grab the reviewer’s attention. Don’t list your graduation dates. The reviewer cares more about whether or not you have the degree than when you earned it. If you graduated from college with high honors, absolutely make note of it. While you don’t need to list your GPA, don’t be afraid to showcase that summa cum laude status or the fact that you were in the biggest distinctions moral decision making and other ethical decisions is the honors college at your university. 28.

Include Continuing or Online Education. Don’t be afraid to include continuing education, professional development coursework, or online courses in hughes your education section, especially if it feels a little light. Kelli Orrela explains , “Online courses are a more-than-accepted norm nowadays, and your participation in them can actually show your determination and motivation to get the skills you need for your career.” Be sure to add a section that lists out all the relevant skills you have for a position, including tech skills like HTML and Adobe Creative Suite and any industry-related certifications. Just make sure to skip including skills that everyone is vs reality, expected to have, like using email or Microsoft Word. Doing so will actually make you seem less technologically savvy. If you have lots of skills related to a position—say, foreign language, software, and leadership skills—try breaking out langston life one of the tell-tale heart, those sections and listing it on langston, its own. Summary Brothers? Below your “Skills” section, add another section titled “Language Skills” or “Software Skills,” and langston life, detail your experience there.

Again—we’re going for brothers skimmability here, folks! Feel free to include an “Interests” section on your resume, but only add those that are relevant to the job. Are you a guitar player with your eye on life, a music company? Definitely include it. But including your scrapbooking hobby for a tech job at a healthcare company? Don’t even think about it.

32. Beware of Interests That Could Be Controversial. Maybe you help raise money for your church on the reg. Or perhaps you have a penchant for canvassing during political campaigns. Yes, these experiences show a good amount of work ethic—but they could also be discriminated against by someone who disagrees with the who were cause. Zhang explains here how to weigh the decision of whether to include them or not. Do include awards and accolades you’ve received, even if they’re company-specific awards. Just state what you earned them for, e.g., “Earned Gold Award for having the company’s top sales record four quarters in a row.” What about personal achievements—like running a marathon—that aren’t totally relevant but show you’re a driven, hard worker? Zhang shares the proper ways to include them. Gaps and Other Sticky Resume Situations.

If you stayed at langston hughes a (non-temporary) job for Use of False in Public Discourse only a matter of months, consider eliminating it from your resume. According to The New York Times ’ career coach , leaving a particularly short-lived job or two off your work history shouldn’t hurt, as long as you’re honest about your experience if asked in an interview. If you have gaps of a few months in langston hughes life your work history, don’t list the usual start and end dates for each position. Use years only (2010-2012), or just the number of years or months you worked at your earlier positions. If you’ve job-hopped frequently, include a reason for leaving next to one of distinctions moral decision making ethical decisions is each position, with a succinct explanation like “company closed,” “layoff due to downsizing,” or “relocated to langston life new city.” By addressing the gaps, you’ll proactively illustrate the between decision and other is reason for your sporadic job movement and make it less of an issue. Re-entering the workforce after a long hiatus? This is the perfect opportunity for a summary statement at the top, outlining your best skills and accomplishments. Then, get into your career chronology, without hesitating to include part-time or volunteer work. See more tips from Jenny Foss for killing it on your comeback resume.

Don’t try to creatively fill in gaps on your resume. For example, if you took time out of the langston hughes workforce to raise kids, don’t list your parenting experience on your resume, a la “adeptly managed the growing pile of laundry” (we’ve seen it). While parenting is as demanding and intense a job as any out there, most corporate decision makers aren’t going to take this section of your resume seriously. 39. Who Were? Ditch “References Available Upon Request” If a hiring manager is interested in langston hughes life you, he or she will ask you for appearance references—and will assume that you have them. There’s no need to address the langston obvious (and doing so might even make you look a little presumptuous!). It should go without saying, but make sure your resume is free and clear of Analogies Discourse War Essay, typos. And don’t rely on langston, spell check and grammar check alone—ask family or friends to the medici take a look at it for you (or get some tips from an editor on how to perfect your own work ). If emailing your resume, make sure to always send a PDF rather than a .doc. That way all of your careful formatting won’t accidentally get messed up when the hiring manager opens it on his or her computer.

To make sure it won’t look wonky when you send it off, Google’s head of HR Laszlo Bock suggests, “Look at hughes it in both Google Docs and Word, and the tell-tale analysis, then attach it to an email and open it as a preview.” Ready to hughes save your resume and Use of False, send it off? Save it as “Jane Smith Resume” instead of “Resume.” It’s one less step the hiring manager has to take. Carve out hughes life some time every quarter or so to pull up your resume and make some updates. Have you taken on new responsibilities? Learned new skills? Add them in. When your resume is updated on summary brothers, a regular basis, you’re ready to pounce when opportunity presents itself. And, even if you’re not job searching, there are plenty of good reasons to langston life keep this document in of blood brothers tip-top shape. Photo courtesy of langston, Hero Images / Getty Images . Who Were The Medici? Erin Greenawald is langston life, a freelance writer, editor, and of blood brothers, content strategist who is langston life, passionate about elevating the standard of the tell-tale, writing on langston hughes life, the web. The Tell-tale? Erin previously helped build The Muse’s beloved daily publication and langston hughes life, led the company’s branded content team. If you’re an individual or company looking for help making your content better—or you just want to go out to analysis tea—get in touch at eringreenawald.com.

Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out all the amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

Buy Essay Online at Professional Writing Service - Hughes s Life and Career--by Arnold Rampersad - English illinois edu

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - Langston Hughes | Poetry Foundation

Essay – Medea in langston life, Apollonius Rhodius and appearance vs reality, Euripides. How and why does the characterisation of langston life, Medea in Apollonius Rhodius draw on the characterisation of the Euripidean Medea. The Argonautica is the only surviving Hellenistic epic and extant work of Apollonius Rhodius. Unfortunately little is known about Apollonius’ life, or how he viewed his work, as few extant materials refer to him[1]. Vs Reality Quotes! Argonautica was written in the third century B.C. and life, broke from the Hellenistic tradition for short literary works[2]. The epic draws upon a long literary and mythological tradition that included Euripides’ Medea . Within scholarship the plays of the biggest ethical, Euripides are widely considered to be a forerunner of hughes, Hellenistic works[3].

In Argonautica this is particularly clear through the allusions Apollonius draws with his characterisation of Medea. Medea was a popular mythological subject and appeared in many other works such as those of Pindar and Apollodorus[4]. These works are important in respect of the mythological traditions of Medea as they add to the understanding of the development of the myth. However, the focus of this essay will be upon the representations of Medea within Argonautica and Medea and Use of False Concerning War Essay, how and hughes life, why Apollonius draws upon brothers, Euripides’ characterisation. The mythology of Medea is very complex due to varying literary traditions. Euripides’ Medea is a particularly well known version of the myth; therefore, the name Medea in the minds of many brings forth his image of a passionate, angry and strong-willed woman. In mythology Medea was not always the woman who murdered her children, as depicted by Euripides. One variation of the myth tells how Medea may have killed her children by accident[5]. Another how the people of Corinth murdered them as an hughes act of revenge for the murder of their princess[6].

Apollonius, instead of the medici, using either of these versions of the myth, chose to foreshadow his Argonautica with the events of Euripides’ Medea . However, there are indications Apollonius drew upon langston hughes, other literary influences such as Nausicaa from Homer’s Odyssey . It will be necessary to briefly consider such influences in the tell-tale, order to assess the extent to which they embed themselves within Apollonius’ characterisation of Medea. Scholarship has taken a keen interest in the representation of langston hughes, Apollonius’ Medea. In particular Hunter considers Medea’s ‘ suffering for love ’ in one section of his work and the intertext between Apollonius and Euripides[7]. On the other hand, Pavlock considers Medea’s passion to bible odyssey, be dangerous and uncontrollable. These viewpoints, amongst others, will be given due consideration[8]. Medea is a defining mythological figure and as such it is important to understand how and why Apollonius draws upon hughes life, Euripides. Therefore, this essay will demonstrate that Apollonius, in order to foreshadow his epic, draws upon the characterisation of Euripides’ Medea. This is one of the biggest between making and other decisions is, undertaken through Medea’s rhetorical skills, assistance to Jason and passion whilst also making specific reference to certain images. Furthermore, notwithstanding other influences from epic, it will also be shown that Apollonius uses this characterisation to explore the reactions of the Alexandrian audience to the increased personal freedom of women and the psychology of passion. The Medea’s of Euripides and Apollonius.

One of the primary considerations of how Apollonius foreshadows and draws upon the characterisation of Euripides’ Medea is through her rhetorical ability. Apollonius’ Medea is at first quiet in Jason’s presence having been ‘seized by speechless stupor’ due to the arrow of Eros[9]. However, from langston hughes life this point the character develops a rhetorical skill attuned to that of Euripides’ Medea. The dispute between Jason and Medea, following her discovery of the secret negotiations with the Colchian fleet, recalls the couple’s first argument within Euripides’ Medea [10]. In each instance Medea delivers a carefully constructed speech which denounces Jason’s behaviour. Euripides’ Medea commences her speech focusing on the wrongs Jason has committed. Medea then recounts her sacrifices, recalls the Use of Discourse War Essay oath Jason broke and ends her speech considering what she is to do, calling upon the gods. Hughes! Apollonius’ Medea starts by questioning what Jason has planned for her.

She then reminds him of his oath, her sacrifices and proceeding to consider what will become of her she calls upon the gods. The chastisement of Jason by Medea evokes and rewrites her agon in Medea [11]. Vs Reality Quotes! It is particularly noteworthy that Medea’s speech written by Apollonius follows a similar pattern to Euripides’, one an audience familiar with Medea would recognise. This argument can be considered further through the langston life supplications of summary, Medea in both works. Each of these is intended to ensure Medea’s self-preservation; Circe cleanses her blood guilt, Creon stays her exile and Arete and Aegeus provide protection from her enemies[12]. Apollonius appears to langston, have drawn on heart Euripides’ characterisation of hughes, Medea as a survivor, able to use her rhetorical skill in between moral decision making ethical decisions is, order to secure what she requires. This is drawn out langston, through the language and one of the biggest between moral, actions of Medea’s supplications. Each instance is langston hughes life, undertaken on her knees putting herself in the appropriate position of respect to the person hearing her request[13]. Furthermore, the vs reality quotes language used on each occasion is comparable, ‘Show kindness to me!…Take pity on me…May the immortals grant you both a life of fulfilment…children, and the glory of an unravaged city’ Medea declares to Arete[14]. Hughes Life! Likewise to Aegeus she states ‘have pity on the biggest distinctions between moral decision is an unfortunate woman…do not allow me to be cast into exile…may your longing for children be brought to fulfilment…and may you yourself die happy!’[15]. Though Medea does not ask Creon for pity the approach used in supplicating him is similar:

Have no fear…I am not the kind of person to commit crimes against my rulers…And now I do not begrudge you prosperity. Make your marriage…and may good fortune attend you[16]. The Medea of Apollonius like Euripides understands well the process and requirements of supplication and uses it to her advantage[17]. Medea’s rhetorical skill in langston hughes, Argonautica and desire for self-preservation are the ‘hallmarks of Euripides’ heroine’[18]. Furthermore the specifics of the language used and description of the supplications within Argonautica parallel that of one of making, Euripides’ Medea . This desire for langston hughes, self-preservation becomes very apparent during Medea’s supplication of Jason at the beginning of Argonautica book four[19]. Bible Odyssey! Medea transforms from a woman in distress to a plotter of her brother’s murder, scenes reminiscent of the ruthless and determined woman who commits infanticide in Euripides’ Medea [20]. Medea’s act of infanticide is motivated by anger induced by Jason’s betrayal[21]. It is life, this allusion Apollonius draws upon to prepare the audience for the murder of Apsyrtos[22]. The murder is attributed to analysis, Medea in Euripides’ Medea [23].

However, in Argonautica Jason is the murderer with Medea’s role greatly reduced to co-conspirator; Medea requires purification as she is not free from guilt[24]. Apollonius’ use of hughes life, ????????? (by or at the hearth) for the location of Circe’s purification of Jason and one of the biggest between making decisions is, Medea is similar to the phraseology of Euripides[25]. During Jason’s recollection of the murder in Medea he describes the location as ‘at the hearth’[26].Though Medea takes place sometime after Argonautica , through Apollonius’ use of language he foreshadows situations which will occur in the future[27]. The ability to devise brilliant and destructive schemes is an intricate part of Medea’s character in both representations. Medea’s name means ‘The Planner’ and this skill is a consistent theme throughout Argonautica and langston hughes life, Medea [28]. Bible Odyssey! Medea’s planning secures Jason’s victory in the trials set by Aietes (her father), enables the murder of her brother and removal of langston hughes life, Pelias from the throne of appearance quotes, Iolcus[29]. Without Medea’s aid Jason’s story would have ended as it was thought by the Argonauts that Aietes first trial was unachievable[30]. The potion provided by Apollonius’ Medea to langston life, Jason protects him during the trial and it is she who lulls the the tell-tale heart analysis dragon to sleep so that he may seize the fleece[31]. These actions foreshadow Euripides’ Medea who declares to Jason that it was she who saved him from death on two occasions, the trial of the fire-breathing bulls and the dragon[32].

Apollonius’ decision to have Jason commit the murder places the focus on Medea’s ingenuity and cunning instead of the act itself. There are subtle differences between the works such as Euripides’ declaration that Medea killed the dragon whereas Apollonius spares its life. Though this difference exists it is clear that Apollonius was heavily influenced by the elements of Euripides’ story that focus on the aid provided by Medea. It has been suggested that, at such an early stage, Apollonius wanted to ensure that Medea remained free of langston life, violence[33]. However, this difference was likely intended to who were, develop Medea’s character as, within a short time, she begins to reveal her darker side. Medea declares that Jason should not break his oath or, ‘May my Furies drive you straight from your homeland, because of langston, what I have suffered through your heartlessness.

What I say the gods will not leave unaccomplished’[34]. The language is of blood, reminiscent of the curses Medea calls upon Jason in Medea [35]. Comparison can also be drawn with the references to Jason as the ‘vilest of knaves’, an enemy of the gods and langston hughes, an oath breaker in Medea , descriptions similarly reflected in Argonautica [36]. Apollonius describes Medea as ‘seething with grim anger’ believing that she is at risk of abandonment and requires placating by heart analysis, Jason[37]. Arguably, the anger of Medea prepares the audience for the murder of her brother that follows shortly. Medea’s anger can be compared to Aietes’ when he discovers Jason’s intention to claim the Golden Fleece[38]. Medea becomes her father’s daughter and although the murder of Apsyrtos is langston life, shocking it is the climax of the sacrifices that led to it[39]. Medea’s anger in both works in part results from her sacrifices in order to aid Jason. Medea betrayed her family and homeland to runaway with a foreigner who she assists in murdering her brother[40]. The sacrifices are a key feature in Apollonius’ characterisation of Medea and there are clear indications that they are drawn from who were Euripides’ representation.

Medea sacrificed much out of love for Jason. However, the love was not romantic but instead fiery passion influenced by the gods. The passion induced by langston life, Eros is a destructive force that foreshadows the appearance events that take place in Medea . Apollonius describes how Eros’ arrow ‘burned deep in the girl’s heart like a flame’ arousing in Medea a passion for hughes, Jason[41]. Comparison can be drawn with the description provided by the medici, Euripides of Medea being ‘smitten with love for Jason’[42]. The shooting is described by Apollonius in violent terms, Eros ‘fitted the arrow-notch to the bowstring…and shot straight at Medea…the destructive love which crouched unobserved and burnt in Medea’s heart’[43].

This echoes the langston life comments of Euripides’ chorus who declare that they never want the arrow of desire to ‘fly against my heart’ or for Aphrodite to ‘madden my heart with love for a stranger’s bed’[44]. Medea initially under Eros’ influence is very different to Euripides’ characterisation. She is a ‘young, vulnerable girl overwhelmed by love for Jason’[45]. This indicates that Euripides is the biggest distinctions moral, not the only influence upon Apollonius. There are allusions to hughes life, Homer and during book three of Argonautica it is suggested Apollonius continuously recalls the the tell-tale Phaeacian episode of Odyssey whilst still reminding his audience of Medea [46]. Langston Life! The potential relationship of Odysseus and Nausicaa has been contrasted with the the medici past and future of Jason and hughes, Medea[47]. There is Use of False the Iraq War Essay, a virgin princess who is langston hughes, ready for marriage but Jason like Odysseus will not stay to marry, though he will take Medea with him unlike Odysseus[48]. Furthermore the scene where Medea leaves to meet Jason at Hecate’s temple is considered to imitate Odyssey book six[49]. However, Nausicaa unlike Medea would not ‘betray her own sense of vs reality quotes, shame, or her family [and] never hesitates to speak freely with Odysseus’[50].

The Nausicaa story is inverted by Apollonius and although there is langston hughes, some influence upon the characterisation of Medea the one of distinctions moral and other decisions primary influence is life, Medea . Apollonius continuously returns to allusions of bible odyssey, Jason and Medea’s future. Jason declares ‘may Olympian Zeus himself…witness my oath that I shall make you my lawful wedded wife’[51]. Apollonius uses this line to anticipate Medea’s appeal to the gods in Medea . The nurse recounts how Medea, ‘invokes the mighty assurance of his sworn right hand, and calls the langston hughes gods to witness the unjust return she is getting’[52]. The Tell-tale Heart Analysis! In turn the oath in Medea becomes an appeal to the oath in Argonautica [53]. Langston Life! Furthermore, though Athena influences Nausicaa by enhancing Odysseus’ appearance she does not experience the same destructive power of analysis, love brought upon Medea by Eros[54]. This is best attested through Medea’s violent state of mind in Argonautica where, ‘she longed to langston, set fire to the ship, to distinctions and other decisions, destroy everything…and throw herself into the…flames’[55]. Life! This foreshadows Medea’s consideration as to whether she should set fire to Jason and Glauce’s bridal chamber but also the immolation of Glauce and Creon through the wedding gift[56].

In both Argonautica and Medea love is described in terms of a powerful force which has overcome Medea. Appearance Quotes! Love is described by Euripides as a ‘bane’ and Medea herself as possessing a ‘love-maddened heart’ and having shown ‘more love than sense’[57]. This language brings to mind Apollonius’ description of langston hughes life, Medea as having ‘bitter-pain in her heart’ and suffering ‘distress’[58]. Apollonius’ use of language and imagery is very Euripidean. It does not only foreshadow the events of Medea but also creates links between the characterisations. The use of clothing as part of Medea and Jason’s plot to murder Apsyrtos in summary of blood brothers, Argonautica has drawn keen scholarly interest[59].

Apollonius’ description of the deception used to lure Apsyrtos to his death is the same as that used by langston, Euripides’ Medea to destroy Glauce[60]. This similarity is believed to be a long held recognition by Hunter but can also be considered more broadly within the the tell-tale heart analysis wider context of hughes, Argonautica [61]. Clothing has been identified as an important theme throughout as it draws the audience to bible odyssey, consider past or future events either within or outside the epic[62]. Hughes Life! The description of Medea’s dress bathed in moonlight following the capture of the fleece appears as though it were a wedding dress[63]. This can be considered further as the imagery takes on a frightening aspect foreshadowing the events of Medea’s nuptial clothing gift to Glauce[64]. Comparison can also be drawn between Jason’s celebration at having captured the fleece and the future death of Glauce. When Jason raises the fleece he is described in terms of bible odyssey, a young girl who ‘catches in her fine dress the gleam of the full moon…her heart is langston hughes life, delighted at the sight of the lovely radiance’[65].

This simile whilst emasculating Jason for having won the fleece without risk to himself also brings to mind the image of Glauce putting on Medea’s deadly wedding gift[66]. Glauce is described as ‘arranging her hair in summary of blood, a bright mirror, smiling… [parading] about the room…entranced with the gifts’[67]. The parallels between the images cannot be ignored. It is hughes life, clear that Apollonius has seized upon a key incident in summary of blood brothers, Euripides’ tragedy and provided ample connections that foreshadow the future death and destruction that Medea will bring to Corinth. Why Euripides’ Medea ? In the years that followed the death of Alexander the hughes Great in 323 B.C. the Macedonian Empire broke into separate kingdoms ruled by his successors[68]. During this period life for Apollonius’ Hellenistic audience changed for various reasons such as increased migration[69]. It became more socially acceptable for a woman to be educated and to enjoy a public role[70]. Summary Of Blood! Though personal freedom increased there were still limitations on what a woman could do. However, within the kingdoms life for hughes life, women would have varied considerably depending on where they lived and their political class[71].

Apollonius within Argonautica uses aspects of Medea’s characterisation as a mirror for the societal changes in one of the biggest moral decision making and other ethical decisions is, Alexandria. Medea was first performed in Athens in the fifth century B.C. Langston Hughes! During this period work and the influence of public opinion would have predominantly kept Athenian women at home[72]. Though some women’s work would have been within the public sphere those who remained at appearance quotes home would have had little freedom[73]. At the beginning of the play, Medea has been fulfilling the role of an Athenian wife, remaining at home looking after it and the children[74]. The majority of evidence of the lives of Greek women comes from Athens.

However, it is important to be cautious when drawing conclusions on the lives of women in langston, wider Greek society due to the differing natures of the biggest distinctions moral and other decisions is, each city state[75]. In Medea the idealistic societal structure of life, Athens is broken down by Medea’s emergence from the home and her challenges towards her former husband in public[76]. This can be compared with societal changes in Alexandria as women began to Analogies Discourse Concerning War Essay, enjoy an increased freedom of movement, particularly in comparison to Athens[77]. Medea is an ideal figure to represent such changes in society, achieved through the portrayal of her enjoying the freedom to move around her country unrestricted[78]. Apollonius’ portrait is hughes life, realistic as although Medea has freedom she is appearance vs reality quotes, required to have her handmaids accompany her; though under her instruction they leave her to speak with Jason alone[79]. However, it must be noted that there is still a dependency on Aietes and subsequently Jason[80]. It might be argued that the level of dependency is variable throughout Argonautica ; for hughes life, example in respect of her marriage.

Medea takes control of some of her own affairs within Argonautica such as her agreement to marry Jason and contracting her own marriage[81]. Of Blood Brothers! Marriage for Greeks within Alexandria would have required the permission of the brides’ father or guardian[82]. Both Jason and Alkinoos are thought to act as Medea’s guardians. The former as Medea declares herself his daughter, sister and wife. The latter as he presides over the decision whether or not to hughes, return Medea to her father[83]. Neither can actually be considered to have fulfilled the role of guardian as Jason is Medea’s future husband and Alkinoos is not present at the wedding. Therefore, the summary agreement to marry is without her father’s consent and the marriage occurs without a guardian present.

Furthermore, the Golden Fleece is considered to represent Medea’s dowry[84]. Medea secured the fleece for Jason and as such can be viewed as having paid her own dowry. The union of Medea and Jason is not representative of an life Alexandrian marriage. Greek women, except royalty, were required to use an heart intermediary or guardian for legal and monetary transactions. However, women using the life Egyptian or Jewish legal systems could undertake such transactions themselves[85]. There is False in Public Discourse Concerning War Essay, some papyrus evidence in hughes life, existence that suggests women were able to undertake private contractual matters in respect of property and Analogies in Public Discourse Concerning, their marriage[86]. The first example is hughes life, Olympias who contracts her own marriage with her father as legal representative[87]. Another document states that Heraclides took Demetria ‘from her father’ but the contract is indicative that the couple entered into the agreement together.

The contract informs Demetria how she would resolve a breach of contract should she need to. Even though documents such as this exist it cannot be taken that women undertook contractual matters regularly. Apollonius’ portrayal of the tell-tale, Medea indicates a changing attitude towards women and langston, an ‘audience coming to the medici, terms with women’s power and privilege’[88]. The influence of wealthy and langston life, royal women could be attributed to the medici, the development of this class of Alexandrian women. It was particularly important for the privileged of Alexandrian society to langston hughes, be highly educated[89]. Arguably the construction of the great library of summary, Alexandria in the third century demonstrates this desire[90]. Apollonius was well-educated as demonstrated through his extensive use of mythological and langston hughes life, geographical understanding within Argonautica [91]. Apollonius assumes his Alexandrian audience would have been aware of the mythological traditions of Medea and Jason and the story told by Euripides[92].

Given the importance placed upon knowledge by Alexandrian society this assumption is plausible. Medea is described as speechless in Jason’s presence in the first scene within Aietes palace[93]. However, Medea’s character develops during book three of brothers, Argonautica and she begins to speak freely, challenging Jason and in subsequent scenes the Argonauts. Though there is hughes life, no reference to her education by either Euripides or Apollonius the language used by Medea shows her intellect in both works. There is bible odyssey, evidence to suggest greater access to education for women during the Hellenistic period.

The existence of prominent educated women such as Hipparchia a philosopher and Erinna a poetess provide some evidence to support this[94]. Langston Life! Furthermore, epigraphic evidence exists such as the gravestone of a woman from Sardis that states ‘The book shows you were wise’ suggesting she would have been educated[95]. This does not necessarily indicate that all women had access to education but instead implies that educated women were present within Hellenistic society. In some respects society became less restrictive including travel, certain contractual matters and education, but others remained such as the holding of the biggest between ethical decisions, public office[96]. Hughes! Though there is evidence of one wealthy woman having held a magisterial position true equality was not possible and who were the medici, as such this cannot be considered to have been common[97].

Apollonius’ draws upon the characterisation of Euripides’ Medea the strong-willed woman and hughes, devises her story for the developing Alexandrian audience. Medea was refashioned for his Argonautica whilst retaining the distinctions between decisions is abilities of skilled rhetorician, thinker and planner that would have been recognised by his audience. Langston Life! Arguably Apollonius challenged the perspective of women in Alexandrian society through Medea. Medea’s first appearance in Argonautica as a love-struck young girl unable to speak to Jason is unrecognisable to the representation of Euripides[98]. Apollonius’ Medea appears more a woman overwhelmed by her first feelings of bible odyssey, love[99]. Langston Hughes! The portrayal of Eros shooting Medea has led to Use of Analogies the Iraq War Essay, the suggestion of her as a victim of violence[100].

On the other hand, the scene can be viewed ironically as the sorceress becomes subject to a spell[101]. Instead of the powerful sorceress Medea is the victim of magic with her prayer to Hecate an attempt to process her feelings[102]. It has been suggested that Apollonius constructed Argonautica as a prequel to Medea [103]. The evidence of langston, Medea’s rhetorical skill, assistance to Jason and involvement in Apsyrtos’ murder would certainly support such an argument. The divergence from Euripides arguably exists to the tell-tale heart, enable Medea’s character to develop. Apollonius, in Argonautica , draws upon langston hughes life, the complex array of emotions in Medea providing background to the feelings, setting their roots in Medea’s past. The character development of who were the medici, Medea throughout Argonautica books three and four indicates a progression towards her Corinthian counterpart. The psychology of love and langston hughes, passion explored by Apollonius is an important part of Medea’s characterisation that requires particular consideration.

The development of Medea’s passion for Jason is undertaken through a dream during which she convinces herself that Jason has come to heart analysis, Colchis in order to marry her[104]. The dream ‘represents an langston life important stage in the awakening of heart analysis, her passion’[105]. Arguably it bridges the gap between the naivety experienced during her first sighting of Jason and strength at their subsequent meeting at Hecate’s temple. Life! Through the course of the meeting the love-struck Medea soon gives way to the more familiar characterisation of Euripides[106]. Scholarship has widely recognised that Apollonius’ Medea’s passion becomes extremely dangerous[107]. Pavlock suggests that Apollonius’ association of women with the disruption of quotes, social norms and langston life, the community is his attempt to reinforce ‘traditional views about excessive passion of the who were the medici female’[108].

This is certainly an interesting consideration as the langston hughes life destructive nature of infatuation is widely explored in Athenian drama. Apollonius, through associating excessive passion with Medea, also draws upon imagery from other plays. In Euripides’ Trojan Women and Hippolytus Helen and Phaedra’s passions have brought about the tell-tale heart analysis, death and destruction[109]. The argument is noteworthy as Medea, like Helen, leaves with a man she barely knew and, like Phaedra, her actions result in death. Therefore, Argonautica could be interpreted as Apollonius commenting upon the negative effects of excess passion.

Medea’s threat to Jason that she will haunt him as a Fury has been considered to border on madness and foreshadow the violence of the future[110]. However, although it does foreshadow Medea’s violent future, arguably it is not madness as she is a frightened woman, grasping at reasons for Jason to not return her to langston hughes, her father who will punish her. There are indications that Apollonius explored the psychology of women driven by passion with a Euripidean-like sympathy[111]. Vs Reality Quotes! Euripides’ Phaedra analyses her passion for Hippolytus going through the possible options to master it; concealment, self-control and langston, death[112]. Furthermore, Artemis’ declaration that Aphrodite is to blame redeems Phaedra[113].

Likewise, in Euripides’ Helen , it is distinctions making and other ethical decisions, revealed that Helen would not have left with Paris and was brought to Egypt to protect her chastity[114]. Apollonius adopts a similar analytical approach to Medea, focusing in particular on langston life her psychology whilst also ensuring that she is portrayed in a realistic way. Even though Medea is brothers, under Eros’ spell Apollonius explores the realism of her passion and developing awareness of langston hughes, what is affecting her[115]. Heart Analysis! The realism can be seen through Medea’s natural response to the sunrise but also her shame at falling in love with a foreign stranger and betraying her family and country[116]. The sense of shame bound Greek women to follow their fathers’ instructions[117]. Shame culture was passed down through the ages and langston life, Argonautica appears as a piece of social commentary upon Analogies Concerning the Iraq War Essay, the culture within Alexandrian society. Within Medea’s monologue she explores her desire but also her cognitive dissonance[118]. The sense of shame that love has brought Medea leads her to langston hughes life, consider suicide. Though Medea realises suicide will not release her as she believes she would be mocked anyway; a belief reminiscent of Euripides’ Medea[119]. Instead of portraying Medea’s passion as being disruptive Apollonius’ analysis focuses upon her emotions and decisions. When Jason and Medea first meet the audience know what is to come but at the same time it does not know[120].

The audience are aware that Medea will provide assistance to Jason and leave with him but they are also presented with her decision making process. Arguably, Apollonius used Medea to examine the psychology of passion. The division in Medea’s personality between naivety and powerful sorceress might be seen as Apollonius’ attempt to explain the future murder of her children[121]. Alternatively Apollonius’ Medea could be looked upon the tell-tale, as a sympathetic development of her characterisation akin to Euripides. Apollonius explores the emotions of love, passion and life, shame presenting a more realistic portrayal of Medea’s past as a prequel to one of the biggest moral and other decisions is, Euripides’ Medea . It has become apparent that Apollonius draws upon the characterisation of the Euripidean Medea in order to foreshadow the events of Medea . Furthermore, Argonautica is devised as a prequel to Euripides’ Medea through language, imagery and action. There are indications of other influences upon langston hughes life, Medea’s characterisation from tragedy and appearance vs reality quotes, epic but the primary focus is Medea . Apollonius’ characterisation of Medea is not limited to how it draws upon her but also why. Argonautica explores the finite increase in freedom for Alexandrian women and langston hughes, also the the tell-tale heart psychology of passion. There are constraints on the interpretation of Apollonius’ intentions due to the lack of information about him.

However, despite such limitations it is possible to langston hughes, draw out the one of the biggest between moral decision ethical following conclusions. There is a progressive development in Apollonius’ characterisation of Medea that slowly forms into her Euripidean counterpart. This is achieved by drawing upon key aspects of the hughes life character created by Euripides, namely Medea’s rhetorical ability and her love of False Concerning War Essay, Jason. Hughes Life! There are echoes of Euripides’ Medea’s ‘fierce nature’ in Apollonius’ description of his Medea who seethes ‘with grim anger’[122]. These aspects are interwoven with the imagery used by Apollonius that allude and foreshadow instances within Medea such as the gift of clothing presented to Apsyrtos echoing the future gift to brothers, Glauce.

Apollonius explores the psychology of Medea through the representation of her being passionately and uncontrollably in love. It has been argued that Apollonius is commenting on the dangers of such passion. However, it is apparent that his treatment of this subject is sensitive. Hughes! Medea is the tell-tale, shamed by her feelings and langston hughes, behaviour towards Jason to the point of wanting to commit suicide. Medea’s passion though uncontrollable (due to the influence of the gods) is brothers, explored in detail by Apollonius through her thought processes. Though also considered by Euripides the treatment is brief due to the limitations of a 1418 line play. Apollonius used the length and breadth of an epic to provide a more detailed analysis of langston hughes life, Medea and her actions, presenting a relatively realistic image and prequel to the Alexandrian audience.

Society developed during the Hellenistic period and women enjoyed a limited increase in freedom. Euripides’ Medea, as a strong woman, provided a basis for the exploration of such freedom. Though no reference is made to Medea having had any formal education both characterisations appear educated and confident in their interactions with men. Evidence would suggest that, in this period, there was an increase in the education of women and as such Apollonius took the opportunity to bible odyssey, represent this. Apollonius, like many modern day readers, saw something important within Medea and that is Medea herself. The fire, passion and strength immortalised by hughes, Euripides; Medea is the perfect figure for epic. Argonautica and quotes, Medea are exceptional and important works. The former as it is the life only surviving Hellenistic epic and the latter as the only extant Athenian drama that deals with the Argonautic cycle. Within the myth of Medea, modern audiences find both a gripping narrative and complexity of the character development.

It is considered by Griffiths that ‘in facing the complexities of Medea’s identity we face the complexities of our own’[123]. False Analogies Discourse Concerning! Apollonius brought this challenge to the Alexandrian audience through his complex portrayal of Euripides’ Medea. Apollodorus Library – Apollodorus – The Library Loeb Classical Library, Translated by Frazer, J. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1921. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0022 [Accessed: 10th January 2015]. Apollonius Rhodius Argonautica – Jason and the Golden Fleece Translated by Hunter, R. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993. Aristophanes Lysistrata – Lysistrata and Other Plays (Revised ed), Translated by Sommerstein, A. London: Penguin Books, 2002.

Diogenes Laertius Lives of Eminent Philosophers Loeb Classical Library Vol. 2, Translated by hughes life, Hicks, R. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1925. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0258%3Abook%3D1%3Achapter%3Dprologue [Accessed: 10 January 2015]. Euripides Helen – The Complete Greek Drama Vol.2 , Translated by Coleridge, E. Summary! Oates, W. and life, O’Neil, E. (Eds), New York: Random House, 1938. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0100 [Accessed: 3 January 2015]. Euripides Hippolytus – Euripides Loeb Classical Library Vol. 2, Translated by Kovacs, D. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1995. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0106 [Accessed: 3 January 2015].

Euripides Medea – Euripides Loeb Classical Library Vol. 1, Translated by Kovacs, D. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1994. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0114 [Accessed: 28 December 2014]. Euripides Trojan Women – The Plays of of blood, Euripides Vol. 1 , Translated by Coleridge, E. London: George Bell and Sons, 1891. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0124%3Acard%3D1 [Accessed: 3 January 2015]. Homer Odyssey Translated by Murray, A. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1919. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0136 [Accessed: 3 January 2015].

Pausanias Description of Greece – Loeb Classical Library Vol. Langston Life! 1, Translated by heart analysis, Jones, W. and Ormerod, H. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1918. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.01.0160 [Accessed: 4 January 2015]. Pindar Pythian 4 Translated by Willett, S. 2001. Perseus Digital Library http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0223 [Accessed: 1 January 2015]. Scholia Medea – Hypotheses and Selected Scholia to langston hughes, Euripides’ Medea Translated by Luschnig, C. 1999. Diotima http://www.stoa.org/diotima/anthology/medeahyposcholia.shtml [Accessed: 3 January 2015]. Blundell, S. Women in Ancient Greece Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1995. Boedeker, D. ‘Euripides’ Medea and the Vanity of ?????’ Classical Philology , Vol. 86, No.

2, April, 1991, pp. 95-112. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/270231 [Accessed: 1 January 2015]. Bremer, J. ‘Full Moon and summary, Marriage in Apollonius’ Argonautica’ Classical Quarterly , Vol. Langston Hughes Life! 37, No. Bible Odyssey! 2, 1987, pp. 423-426. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/638839 [Accessed: 30 December 2014].

Byre, C. ‘The Killing of Apsyrtus in Apollonius Rhodius’ “Argonautica”’ Phoenix , Vol. 50, No. 1, Spring, 1996, pp. 3-16. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1192677 [Accessed: 30 December 2014]. Campbell, M. Hughes! Studies in the Third Book of Apollonius Rhodius’ Argonautica Hildesheim: Georg Olms Verlag, 1983. Campbell, M. A Commentary on Apollonius Rhodius Argonautica III 1-471 Leiden: Brill, 1994. Clare, R. The Path of the Argo Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. Clauss, J. The Best Of The Argonauts : The Redefinition Of The Epic Hero In Book 1 Of Apollonius’s Argonautica Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993. Heart Analysis! [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 30th December 2014]. Clauss, J. ‘Conquest of the Mephistophelian Nausicaa: Medea’s Role in Apollonius’ Redefinition of the Epic Hero’, in J. Clauss and S. Johnston (ed), Medea Essays on Medea in Myth, Literature, Philosphy and Art Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1997.

DeForest, M. Apollonius’ Argonautica: A Callimachean Epic Leiden: Brill, 1994. Dillon, S. ‘Case Study III: Hellenistic Tanagra Figurines’, in S. James and S. Langston Hughes! Dillon (eds), A Companion to Women in the Ancient World Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2012, pp. 231-234. [e-book]. Available at: https://www.dawsonera.com/ [Accessed: 11th January 2015]. Dyck, A. ‘On the Way from Colchis to Corinth: Medea in Book 4 of the ‘Argonautica’’ Hermes , Vol.

117, No. 4, 1989, pp. 455-470. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/4476720 [Accessed: 7th December 2014]. Fantham, E., Foley, H., Kampen, N., Pomeroy, S and Alan Shapiro, H. Women in the Classical World Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1994. Fantuzzi, M. and Hunter, R. Tradition And Innovation In Hellenistic Poetry Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 31st December 2014]. Feeney, D. Summary! The Gods in hughes life, Epic: Poets and Critics of the Classical Tradition Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1991. Foley, J. False In Public! A Companion To Ancient Epic Malden: Blackwell Publishing, 2005. [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 3rd January 2015].

Fusillo, M. ‘Apollonius Rhodius as “Inventor” of the Interior Monologue’, in T. Papanghelis and A. Rengakos (eds), A Companion to langston, Apollonius Rhodius Leiden: Brill, 2001, pp. 127-146. Summary Of Blood Brothers! [e-book]. Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 10th January 2015]. Green, P. Hughes! Hellenistic History And Culture Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993. [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 29th December 2014]. Griffiths, E. Medea London: Routledge, 2006. Gutzwiller, K. A Guide to Hellenistic Literature Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2007. [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 31st December 2014]. Hunter, R. ‘Medea’s Flight: The Fourth Book of the Argonautica’ Classical Quarterly , Vol. 37, No. 1, 1987, pp.

129-139. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/639351 [Accessed: 29th December 2014]. Hunter, R. The Argonautica of Apollonius Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1993. Hunter, R. ‘The Poetics of Narrative in the Argonautica’, in T. Papanghelis and False in Public Concerning the Iraq, A. Rengakos (eds), Brill’s Companion to Apollonius Rhodius (2 nd ed), Leiden: Brill, 2008, pp. Hughes Life! 115-146. [e-book] Available at: http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/ [Accessed: 4th January 2015].

Hutchinson, G. Hellenistic Poetry Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1988. [e-book] Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 29th December 2014]. Kenny, E. Use Of False Concerning The Iraq War Essay! ‘“Est deus in nobis … “: Medea meets her Maker’, in T. Papanghelis and A. Rengakos (eds), Brill’s Companion to Apollonius Rhodius (2 nd ed), Leiden: Brill, 2008, pp. 363-386. [e-book] Available at: http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/ [Accessed: 4th January 2015]. Klooster, J. Poetry as Window and Mirror Positing the Poet in Hellenistic Poetry Leiden: Brill, 2011. Knight, V. ‘Apollonius, Argonautica 4.167-70 and Euripides’ Medea’ Classical Quarterly , Vol. 41, No. 1, 1991, pp. 248-250. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/639043 [Accessed: 29th December 2014].

Lefkowitz, M. ‘Myth and History in the Biography of Apollonius’ in T. Langston Hughes Life! Papanghelis and A. Rengakos (eds), A Companion to Apollonius Rhodius Leiden: Brill, 2001, pp. 51-72. [e-book]. Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 10th January 2015]. Lefkowitz, M. Women in vs reality quotes, Greek Myth (2 nd ed) London: Duckworth, 2007. Levin, D. Apollonius’ Argonautica Re-examined Leiden: Brill, 1971. Luschnig, C. Hughes! Granddaughter of the Sun Leiden: Brill, 2007.

Meyer, D. ‘Apollonius as a Hellenistic Geographer’, in T. Papanghelis and A. Rengakos (eds), A Companion to Use of in Public Discourse Concerning the Iraq War Essay, Apollonius Rhodius Leiden: Brill, 2001, pp. 217-236. [e-book]. Hughes! Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/ [Accessed: 10th January 2015]. Parca, M. ‘The Women of Ptolemaic Egypt: The View from Papyrology’ in S. James and S. Dillon (eds), A Companion to Women in quotes, the Ancient World Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2012, pp.316-328. [e-book]. Available at: https://www.dawsonera.com/ [Accessed: 11th January 2015]. Pavlock, B. Eros, Imitation, and the Epic Tradition Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1990. Pomeroy, S. Women in Hellenistic Egypt: From Alexander to Cleopatra New York: Schocken Books, 1984. [e-book] Available at: http://www.humanitiesebook.org/ [Accessed: 11th January 2015].

Pomeroy, S. Goddesses, Whores, Wives and Slaves Women in Classical Antiquity (2 nd ed) London: Pimlico, 1994. Rose, A. ‘Clothing Imagery in Apollonius’s “Argonautika”’ Quaderni Urbinati di Cultura Classica , Vol. 21, No. 3, 1985, pp. 29-44. Available at: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20538886 [Accessed: 30th December 2014].

Shipley, G. The Greek World After Alexander 323 – 30 BC London: Routledge, 2000. Thalmann, W. Hughes Life! Apollonius of Rhodes and the Spaces of Hellenism Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011. [e-book] Available at: http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/ [Accessed: 10th January 2015]. Walbank, F. The Hellenistic World Glasgow: Fontana Paperbacks, 1981. [1] Lefkowitz (2001:52) states what is known of Apollonius comes from two scholia about Argonautica , an entry in Suda and an entry on a damaged papyrus ( P.Oxy.1241) . [3] Gow and who were the medici, Page (1965:II.251) cited in Klooster (2011:151); Fraser (1972:I.599) cited in Klooster (2011:151); Klooster 2011:151. [4] Pindar Pythian 4 ; Apollodorus Library 3.13. [5] Pausanias Description of Greece 2.3.10-1. [10] Apollonius 4.350-95; Euripides Medea 465-519.

[11] Euripides Medea 465-519; Apollonius 4.350-95; Hunter, 1993:61; Hunter, 2008:142. [12] Euripides Medea 292-356, 709-19; Apollonius 4.690-748, 4.1000-28. [13] Euripides Medea 324, 710; Apollonius 4.695, 4.1029. [21] Euripides Medea 1040-64. [23] Euripides Medea 166-7, 1334. [24] Apollonius 4.415-60, 4.557-62.

[25] Apollonius 4.713; Knight, 1991:248. [29] Euripides Medea 475-90; Apollonius 4.358-68. [31] Apollonius 3.1025-62, 4.123-64. [36] Euripides Medea 465-8, 493-6. [39] Hunter, 1993:61; DeForest, 1994:129.

[40] Apollonius 4.356-7; Euripides Medea 167, 483-4. [49] Apollonius 3.870-86; Homer Odyssey 6.80-4. [56] Euripides Medea 379, 1185-95. [57] Euripides Medea 330, 434, 485. [59] Hunter, 1987:131; Knight, 1991:249-50; Hunter, 1993:61. [60] Euripides Medea 945-58; Apollonius 4.421-44. [62] Rose, 1985:29-44; Knight, 1991:249. [67] Euripides Medea 1159-66.

[70] Fantham et al, 1994:140, 163-8; Pomeroy, 1994:120; Shipley, 2000:104-5. [72] Aristophanes Lysistrata 17-19, 880-1; Luschnig, 2007:7. [73] Pomeroy, 1994:73, 79-80. [74] Fantham et al, 1994:69; Blundell, 1995:140. [76] Euripides Medea 214, 465-519.

[77] Dillon (2012:231-2) references Hellenistic grave reliefs from Delos that document women who travelled widely. [81] Apollonius 4.92-8, 4.1128-69. [83] Apollonius 4.368-9, 1073-109; Byre, 1996:8-9. [84] Dyck, 1989:458; Luschnig, 2007:14. [85] Fantham et al, 1994:140. [86] P.Elephantine 1 translated by Pomeroy, 1984:86-7; Blundell, 1995:199. [87] P.Giessen I . Langston Hughes Life! 2 translated by Rowlandson (1998) cited in Parca, 2012:324. [89] Walbank, 1981:176-7; Meyer, 2001:227-8; Thalmann, 2011:219. [91] Shipley, 2000:240; Apollonius 1.496-511 (Orpheus’ song of the cosmos); Apollonius 3.980-1007 (Ariadne and Theseus); Apollonius 4.253-93 (Argus and the Pillars of Aea); Clare (2002:125) observes Apollonius attempted to who were the medici, construct a ‘geographically plausible’ return for the Argonauts. [92] Hunter (1989) cited in Clauss, 1993:9; Gutzwiller, 2007:79. [94] Diogenes Lives of Eminent Philosophers 6.7.96-7; St Jerome Chronicle 203.

[95] Lefkowitz and Fant (1995) cited in Shipley, 2000:104. [97] Decree of langston hughes life, Priene translated by Burstein (1985:59) states Phile was the first female stephanephoros cited in Fantham et al, 1994:156. [99] Fantham et al, 1994:169. [101] Nyberg (1992) cited in the medici, Griffiths, 2006:89. [102] Apollonius 3.467; Clare, 2002:242. [103] Feeney, 1991:65; Gutzwiller, 2007:79. [107] Levin, 1971:15; Feeney, 1991:64-5; Lefkowitz, 2007:179. [109] Euripides Trojan Women 914-1032; Euripides Hippolytus 887-91, 1161-72. [110] Apollonius 4.385-90; Pavlock, 1990:67. [112] Euripides Hippolytus 393-430.

[113] Euripides Hippolytus 1389-1439. [115] Apollonius 4.413, 1016-7, 1040; Feeney, 1991:80-4.