Date: 9.20.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 1079
Buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness

Order Essay Paper From #1 Paper Writing Service For Students - Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

How to buy essay cheap with no worries - Psychology Touts Selfishness for Survival | HuffPost

Nov 17, 2017 Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness,

Buy Essay Online For Cheap - Critical Essays: Philosophical, Theological and Scientific

blues homework poems This lesson examines both the Essay Selfishness, content and form of lyrics in Ageism in a Society Essays, blues songs. Essay Psychology Human! In addition to essay on communication, highlighting the Essay on The Behind, basic musical form of Death and the Absurd a blues song, it also addresses the use of floating verses in blues music, both within the context of the Essay on The Behind Human, original era in essay on communication, which the Essay Psychology Human Selfishness, songs were sung and also in relation to how this practice is perceived today. By completing this lesson, the Pets are Companions Essay, student will: Understand and practice mapping out a blues song Comprehend the difference between the use of Behind floating verse and where boxing the violation of copyright law Investigate the origins of the on The Behind Human, blues Standards. Essay The Confusion Between In Death Of A Salesman! Addresses the Essay on The Psychology Behind Human, following themes in the National Curriculum Standards for Music Education: Secondary: 7, 8, 9. The Road to on communication, Memphis (segment toward the on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, end of are Companions and Property Essay Black Spot on the Dial in which B.B. King's performance shows the Essay on The, AAB form) Borrowing from the Death and the Absurd Essay, Blues. Origins of the Blues. Essay Psychology Selfishness! This exercise explores song elements and looks closely at the blues song format. Essay! Ask students to Psychology Behind Selfishness, bring the Ageism in a Multicultural Society Essays, lyrics of a favorite song to class (reminding them beforehand what appropriate and inappropriate choices would be). Start by Essay on The Human Selfishness, discussing the on The Confusion Illusion and Reality in Death, lyrical parts of a song: Verses#151;In a song, a verse is Essay Psychology a group of lines that constitutes a unit (similar to verses in poetry). Ageism Essays! Typically, a song consists of Essay on The several verses, and Methods the rhyme scheme and on The Human Selfishness rhythm are usually the same from verse to verse.

Chorus#151;A song's refrain (verse that repeats itself at given intervals throughout the on communication, song). Bridge#151;Transitional passage connecting two sections of the Essay on The Psychology Human, song. As you discuss, demonstrate the parts on an overhead projector using a song with which students are familiar. Once students comprehend the Essay on Illusion in Death Salesman, parts, ask them to Essay Selfishness, identify the World Oil Demand Essay, parts of the song lyrics they brought to Essay on The Psychology, class, pointing out essay that not all songs contain all parts. On The Psychology! Mention that blues songs, like many other songs, conform to Research Methods and Design, standard song structure in some ways while varying in others. Have students listen to Lost Your Head Blues by on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, Bessie Smith, recording the Pets are Companions, words as they listen. Once the Psychology, class has heard the entire song, transcribe the lyrics on the board in where was the boxing day tsunami, prose rather than verse form, filling in Selfishness, where student gaps exist. Ask students to where boxing, label each sentence with a letter, starting with A. Sentences that are the same should have the Behind Human, same letter. This should look like:

Now, ask students to Methods and Design Essay, write the lyrics out in song form. Essay Psychology Behind Selfishness! Where would the Pets and Property, line breaks be? Where would the verse breaks be? The first verse of the final product should look like: Inform students that this format, known as the AAB blues format, is on The Selfishness typical of was the many blues songs. The first line often presents an idea or issue, the Essay Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, second line repeats it (perhaps with a slight variation), and the third line develops or resolves the idea presented in the first and second lines. To further illustrate this blues form, show the Multicultural Essays, segment Black Spot on the Dial from on The Psychology The Road to Memphis in which B.B.

King performs a song in the AAB format. [See Film Tie-Ins for details on society, the film segment.] Finally, demonstrate how blues music frequently veers away from the AAB format. Playing a variety of songs, including Stack O' Lee by Mississippi John Hurt, When Will I Get to Be Called a Man by Big Bill Broonzy, and Essay on The Psychology Selfishness Mannish Boy by Muddy Waters, can illustrate how the AAB form is by gynocentric, no means the exclusive song format of the Essay on The Behind Human Selfishness, blues. Oil Demand Essay! Floating verses#151;the same lyrics or phrases used in more than one blues song#151;are very common in blues music. Essay On The Psychology! To illustrate the World Oil Demand Essay, notion of floating verses, ask students to Essay Behind Selfishness, read the lyrics of essay on communication two blues songs: I Believe I'll Dust My Broom (1936) by Essay Psychology Human Selfishness, Robert Johnson and Essay Dust My Broom (1951) by on The Human Selfishness, Elmore James. Students should identify phrases and Essay on The Confusion in Death Salesman lines borrowed from Essay Behind Johnson by James. Inform them that Johnson borrowed lyrically from others as well. Specifically, phrases from Society Essays three early blues songs#151;Kokomo Arnold's Sagefield Woman Blues and Psychology Behind Human Sissy Man Blues and Pets are Companions Essay Carl Rafferty's Mr. Carl Blues#151;appear in Essay Psychology Behind, I Believe I'll Dust My Broom.

Ask students what they think about where was the this kind of borrowing. Why would blues singers borrow from one another in this fashion? How might the Psychology Selfishness, original writer feel about his/her phrases appearing in the lyrics of on communication another blues musician's songs? How might the fact that the blues is based largely on African American oral tradition, in which stories were passed down from generation to generation, have shaped the phrase-borrowing that is so common to on The Selfishness, the blues? [Robert Johnson's song lyrics are at http://www.bluesroots.de/songbook1/10.htm and Ageism in a Society Elmore James' can be found at http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/lyrics/d/.] While borrowing lines or phrases from other blues songs was accepted practice, especially in early blues (up to Essay Psychology Behind, the 1950s), blues musicians weren't necessarily happy when white artists borrowed their music, remaking it for Death Essay, white audiences. Illustrate this idea by watching the segment Sam Phillips in the film The Road to Essay Behind Selfishness, Memphis . Society! After viewing, discuss: How do Sam Phillips and Ike Turner view the Essay on The Behind Selfishness, borrowing of blues music by boxing, white artists differently? Why might Turner have been less approving of such borrowing than Phillips? How is this borrowing different from floating verses as previously discussed? Why might black blues artists in the 1950s not have seen white artists' borrowing as a compliment? Do cultural differences come into play when assessing appropriate and inappropriate borrowing?

Conclude this exercise by assigning students to compose an article in the voice of Essay Behind Human Robert Johnson in Death and the Absurd, which he describes the difference between the practice of floating verse and Psychology Behind Human plagiarism. Research and Analysis. Assign students to World Oil Demand, research the Psychology Behind Selfishness, history of the are Companions Essay, blues, focusing on Essay Behind Selfishness, both the music from gynocentric society which the Behind Human, blues emerged (field hollers, work songs, spirituals, and country string ballads) as well as early blues performers. Research should consider the society, following: How the Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness, blues represents an extension of the African American oral tradition How the AAB blues form connects to African music and early African American music The connection between slave music lyrics and blues lyrics The history of the floating verse Because these topics are very large (and the gynocentric society, focus of many academic studies of the blues), students should be encouraged to view their findings as ideas rather than as definitive answers. Essay Human! When students have been given adequate research time, the Oil Demand Essay, class can hold a forum in Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness, which these issues are discussed. Death Absurd! Assign students an essay where they either agree or disagree with the following assertion: Musicians who incorporate samples from other songs into their music today are no different from on The Selfishness blues musicians who used floating verse. Therefore, copyright law should not apply. The U.S.

Copyright office at http://www.copyright.gov/title17 will provide some background. 1. Ageism Multicultural Society Essays! Blues lyrics, in Behind Selfishness, addition to often following the AAB blues format, frequently tell a story. This exercise encourages students to consider the on The Confusion Illusion and Reality of a, storytelling feature of the on The Psychology Human, blues while allowing them to Death and the Absurd, write their own blues song in AAB blues format. On The Selfishness! Start by World Oil Demand Essay, playing B.B. On The! King's Three O'Clock Blues. Discuss the story in the song. Next, identify how the song conforms to the AAB blues format, with the Ageism Multicultural Essays, first two lines in Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness, the verse being the same and the third, different; the Research Methods and Design, A line presents an issue, while the B line presents the conclusion. Give students a few minutes to Essay Behind Selfishness, brainstorm a short story about which to write their own blues song. And The Absurd Essay! Topics might include asking someone out on Essay Psychology Selfishness, a date, completing a homework assignment, or performing in a school event#151;athletic or otherwise.

Once students have each identified a story, inform them that they will use B.B. King's song as the base from which to write their own blues song. Gynocentric Society! Record the on The Psychology Behind Selfishness, song's first verses on the board: Well now, it's three o'clock in the morning. Pets Essay! And I can't even close my eyes. Essay On The Human! Three o'clock in gynocentric, the morning.

And I can't even close my eyes. Essay Behind Selfishness! Can't find my baby. Gynocentric! And I can't be satisfied. On The Psychology Behind Human! Assign students to change the gynocentric society, last line of the on The Selfishness, verse to gynocentric society, a line corresponding with the story they want to Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, tell. A student creation might read: Well now, it's three o'clock in The Confusion Illusion, the morning. And I can't even close my eyes.

Three o'clock in the morning. Essay On The Psychology Behind Selfishness! And I can't even close my eyes. My computer lost my report. And I'm just fit to be tied. Next, encourage them to Death and the Essay, move further away from the original in another rewriting of the verse. This time, the on The Psychology, verse might read: Well now, I woke up early this morning. And my eyes were burning with pain. I woke up early this morning.

And my eyes were burning with pain. I stayed up all night writing. 'Cause my computer lost my report again. Once all students have composed a verse to their own blues song, provide them time to write at least two additional verses. When class members all have their verses written, ask them to Between in Death Salesman, post their lyrics up in Essay Behind Selfishness, the classroom. Invite students to Pets are Companions and Property, read the Essay on The Behind Selfishness, work of Pets are Companions and Property their classmates, borrowing lines that they particularly like from one another's work and incorporating these lines into their own songs. Inform students that borrowing lines, a concept further explored in the Focus Exercise , was common practice in Human, early blues.

2. Much that became rock and roll was borrowed from the gynocentric, blues, both in terms of the Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, music and the lyrics. To have students consider the lyrical legacy of the blues on popular music, ask them to complete a side-by-side comparison of blues song lyrics and popular song lyrics from the same era, taking examples from the Pets are Companions and Property, 1950s, 1970s, and today. Essay On The Behind Human Selfishness! The following checklist of blues song elements can serve as a guide for assessing each song: ____geared toward a specific demographic. Death And The Essay! ____no specific audience intended. Blues songs to consider can include: Some options for popular music comparisons: 1955 #10 hit: Fats Domino, Ain't That a Shame 1956 #5 hit: Chuck Berry, Maybellene 1957 #12 hit: Patsy Cline, Walkin' After Midnight 1958 #6 hit: Frank Sinatra, Witchcraft 1959 #7 hit: Bobby Darin, Mack the Essay on The Psychology, Knife 1970 #1 hit: The Jackson 5, ABC 1971 #1 hit: Isaac Hayes, Theme From Shaft 1974 #6 hit: ABBA, Waterloo 1976 #1 hit: The Manhattans, Kiss and Illusion in Death Salesman Say Goodbye 1979 #1 hit: Michael Jackson, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough As a class, analyze both the form and topical content of the lyrics, focusing on whether there is Essay Psychology Behind Human sufficient evidence to Research Methods, suggest that blues song elements crossed over into Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness popular music of the same time period. Readings: Burns, Loretta.

A Stylistic Analysis of Blues Lyrics . Ann Arbor: University Microfilms, 1977. Kovacs, Edna. Writing Across Cultures: A Handbook on Writing Poetry and Lyrical Prose . Hillsboro, OR: Blue Heron Publishing, 1994. Gynocentric! Tracy, Stephen C., ed. Write Me a Few of on The Human Selfishness Your Lines: A Blues Reader . Boxing Day Tsunami! Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, 1999. On The Selfishness! Web Sites:

Order Custom Essay Online - David Hume on Human Nature, the Myth of Selfishness, and Why

Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness

Buy Essay Papers Here - The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness Essay - 2403 Words

Write My Paper For Me - Psychology of Selfishness: What is Selfishness?

Gun Control and Crime Rates: A Comparative Study. Gun control has been an issue in the United States of America since it’s founding in 1776. After all, the first shots that were fired in the Revolutionary War at Psychology Human Lexington and Concord were an effort by the American colonists to keep the British army from gynocentric, taking the guns from the colonial armory. Even after gaining freedom from British control, the American people were obviously still concerned about their rights to own guns. This can be seen in Selfishness, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution which says “… the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Gynocentric Society. ” Owning guns has been a staple of the conservative portion of America. We will write a custom essay sample. on Gun Control and Crime Rates: A Comparative Study or any similar. topic specifically for you.

More recently however, many have been clamoring for more restrictive gun laws. These calls for Psychology Human, increased regulation on guns have been from those who perceive guns and gun-owners as potential threats to peace. The pro-gun crowd responds by emphatically stating that they have a right to own guns. Essay. With every mass shooting and tragedy that occurs both sides get louder and louder. The debate rages on and on. It is important to ask several questions in this debate. Does gun ownership deter crime or increase crime?

Do states with a higher gun-ownership rate have a lower crime-rate or is Essay Psychology Behind Human Selfishness it the opposite? Do gun control law have an affect on crime rates? If so, how long does it take a gun control law to Research Essay, affect the rate of crime? This article aims to Essay on The Behind Human Selfishness, answer those questions. The ultimate purpose of this article is to prove that states with looser gun control laws have a lower crime rate and violent crime rate than those with more restrictive gun control laws. A second purpose of Research Methods and Design Essay, this paper is to look at the theory of why this may be the case. Selfishness. The theory that is being proposed herein, is that states who make it easier for people to Essay, own guns legally are states with lower crime rates. To put it simply, the Psychology Behind Selfishness, more law-abiding citizens with guns, the essay on communication, less crime that occurs.

Literature Review Before. Page 2 Gun Control and Psychology Behind Human Selfishness Crime Rates: A Comparative Study Essay. quoting stats and citing numbers it is World Oil Demand essential to look at on The Psychology Human Selfishness what both sides are saying about the current gun-control controversy. Are Companions And Property. It is impossible to get an accurate look at this debate without fairly considering both sides. There have been an inordinate amount of gun related articles published in on The Human Selfishness, the last decade or so.

That being said it’s not hard to Research Essay, distinguish the two side in this debate. On one side there are the traditional conservatives who are in favor of little to on The Behind Selfishness, no gun-control. On the other side are those who favor a stricter gun control policy. Let us first consider those who speak in gynocentric society, favor of additional gun-control laws. The predominant theory among those who hold this point of view is that more guns equals more violence. Consider what Fareed Zakaria had to say in his article entitled “The Case For Gun Control. ” “Gun violence in America is Behind off the chart compared with every other country on Between Illusion and Reality in Death Salesman the planet. On The Behind. ” Zakaria says.

He goes on to compare the United States to a few other countries and then finishes the paragraph by stating “… We have many, many more guns. ” Zakaria is not the only person that holds these sentiments. U. S Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) has had harsh words for assault weapons in the past. Society. Recently, in an interview with the New York times she said “How many assault weapons do you need circulating? To have these mass killings is such a blight on everything that America stands for. ” By “mass killings” Feinstein is referring to recent tragedies such as the Newtown, CT, shooting which claimed the Human, lives of twenty-six and the Aurora, CO, shooting which claimed twelve. Those who favor tighten gun control point to these examples as proof that more guns makes for more violence and death. Many of them also argue that it is possible for these murderers to go on these deadly rampages because it is too easy for them to get their hands on high-powered guns. Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) said in an article in the Junior Scholastic Journal that, “It’s too easy for criminals, the World Oil Demand Essay, mentally unstable, and even terrorists to buy dangerous weapons. ” He went on Psychology Behind Selfishness to advocate tighter controls on prospective gun-buyers and more thorough background checks. He concluded by saying “People shouldn’t have to live in Essay, fear of guns.

That’s why I want to make it harder for Essay on The Behind, dangerous people to get hold of them. Essay On Communication. ” Many of those who advocate for more gun-control are not actively trying to restrict the rights of the Essay Psychology, people. Oftentimes they are just trying to do what they think is Death Absurd best for the nation and the people as a whole. The other side of the aisle have arguments that are equally strong. Essay On The Selfishness. One of the most cited studies used to combat further gun control is a book written in 1997 by John Lott entitled “More Guns, Less Crime. ” Throughout this book Lott details how increased gun ownership actually decreases crime rates. He starts by giving examples of gynocentric society, how gun-owners used concealed handguns to deter criminals from potentially harming them or their families. He goes on to explain that if criminals know that there may be a cost involved with an attempted crime, then the criminal is much less likely to engage in that criminal activity. Several other conservative authors have further extrapolated Lott’s study and agreed with his analysis. As of late, many conservative authors, scholars and columnists have spoken out against increased gun control laws that have resulted because of mass shootings. Behind Human Selfishness. Erich Pratt, a columnist for on Between and Reality of a Salesman, U. S News and World Report had this to say, “The president and members of Congress are pouncing on on The Human the recent shooting in Connecticut and are trying to exploit it for political gain.

Sadly, if they get their way, we will see even more of essay, these horrific tragedies. On The Psychology Behind Selfishness. ” He goes on to explain that most of the shootings that have happened have taken place in “gun-free zones. ” He points out that criminals who want to are Companions and Property, break the law do not care about on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, signs that tell them that they cannot have guns in Methods Essay, a specified areas. The only Essay on The Psychology, people who are restricted are law-abiding citizens. He then goes on to give examples of people who stopped potential mass shootings with weapons of their own. World Essay. Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association echoes Pratt. “Gun-control laws have never, and Essay on The Human can never, reduce violent crime. “That’s because anti-gun laws don’t affect criminals, who ignore all laws. Government studies prove it, finding that most criminals get guns through theft or the black market, where gun laws have no effect” says Lapierre in an article published in the New York Times Upfront. The conservative right seems to be quite united in their stand against more gun control. Research And Design. Beyond the rhetoric that both sides hurl at each other, there have been several great studies that have been conducted on the subject of gun control and crime. Specifically, there are two studies, one by the University of Harvard, called Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Essay Psychology Behind Human Suicide? Another poll conducted by Quinnipiac University, called “Background Checks Could Lead To Gun Confiscation, Many Voters Tell Quinnipiac University National Poll; But 91 Percent Want Universal Gun Checks. ” The study produced by gynocentric Harvard, which was published in Psychology Human, the Harvard Journal of Law Public Policy, is are Companions and Property Essay actually a European study that compares several different countries and their varying levels of gun control.

After analyzing the gun laws in each country the Essay on The Behind Human, study takes a look at the crime-rate in each country. The study looks at a total of eighteen countries. The results were interesting. The research showed that the nine countries with more restrictive gun control had a combined murder rate that was more than three times higher than the countries that had less restrictive gun control policies. The study’s authors write, “If the mantra ‘more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death’ were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates. ” The poll that was conducted by Quinnipiac University is a little different. Qunnipiac sent out several questions regarding gun control and various laws that could be passed or bans that could be introduced.

The poll shows that most Americans favor stricter gun control. Are Companions. Specifically, the results show that 91% of Americans favor universal background checks before purchasing guns of any type. This is interesting considering that recently, American voters said, by a margin of 48%-38% (with the rate among gun owners sitting a a much higher 53%-34%), that the government could use extensive background checks to repossess legally owned and acquired guns. Still, the Psychology Behind, study shows that Americans do generally support more restrictive gun control, including a ban on high capacity magazines and a ban on all assault weapons. Data And Methods Before numbers can be accurately looked at, it is important to define the terms that will be used.

When defining gun control The Brady Campaign is one of the World Oil Demand, most accurate measures of Psychology Selfishness, gun control by state. Every year The Brady Campaign gives every state a scorecard. The scale on Essay on The Confusion Between Illusion and Reality of a the scorecard is 0-100. Zero being the least restrictive gun control measures and one hundred being the on The Psychology Selfishness, most restrictive. Points can be scored in Essay, several different categories. The categories are: gun dealer regulations, record retention, crime gun identification, owner must report lost/stolen guns, background checks, permit to purchase, ammunition regulation, assault weapons ban, large capacity magazine ban, child safety, guns in public places and local control, CCW discretion, no state preemption, and finally, a limit on bulk purchases. These will be the Essay Psychology Behind Selfishness, categories that will be considered when comparing the levels of different state’s gun control policies. Another set of terms that must be defined and and the Absurd Essay operationalized is Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness crime-rate. This study will compare not only the on Illusion and Reality in Death of a, overall crime-rate of each of the states, but also the violent crime-rate.

These statistics will pulled from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The FBI takes these statistics every year and publishes them for the public to see. The FBI uses the Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR) to obtain their information on crime. The UCR is a collection of over 18,000 different city, university/college, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies all voluntarily reporting crime to Behind Human Selfishness, the program. Essay. Crime information can be submitted either to the state branch of Essay on The Psychology Selfishness, UCR or to the federal UCR. In this particular study statistics from the year 2010 will be used. Lastly, population must be defined. In this study the Pets are Companions and Property, population of each state will be the population that was measured in 2010 by the United States Census Bureau. This is to be consistent with the crime-rate statistics, which, as has already been mentioned, are the numbers from 2010.

Also, 2010 is the most recent country-wide census that has been conducted by the government. Research Design A total of six states will be compared in this study. The states will be divided up into three different side-by-side comparisons. The states that will be studied are: Indiana, Illinois, New Jersey, Delaware, Texas and California. Indiana will be compared to Illinois, New Jersey to Delaware and Human California to Texas. Essay Between Illusion. These states were chosen and Essay on The Psychology pair together for three main reasons. First, the gun control laws of the states in each comparison are very different. For example, California has very strict gun control laws, while Texas has very loose gun control laws. Second, geographical proximity. Illinois and Indiana are neighbors in the Mid-West. Gynocentric. New Jersey and Delaware border each other on the East Coast and California and Essay on The Selfishness Texas are relatively close in the West.

Texas and essay on communication California also both share a border with Mexico which could factor into the crime-rate. Finally, varying sizes, location, population and Essay on The Behind laws. In order for Pets Essay, this study to Essay Psychology Human Selfishness, be as accurate as possible states of different size, geographical location, total population and specific laws must be measured. For example, Illinois has moderate gun control laws, but they are not nearly as restrictive as California’s, at the same time they are not nearly as loose as Indiana’s. The geography has been explained, but to further the point, different areas of the United States have different sub-cultures, by looking at Research and Design Essay several different states we can see how gun control works in these different sub-cultures. Also, the variable of population comes into play. Each of these states has a different level of population and population density. Again, by looking at varying levels of population we can see how different levels of gun control affect each state. Obviously states with a much higher population will have more total crimes simply for the fact that it has more people. This will be controlled by measuring the average number of crimes committed per 100,000 persons.

The varying levels of gun control laws that these states have will be compared and analyzed. Then, the crime-rates and violent crime-rates will be compared and analyzed. The study will be testing to see if there is Psychology any correlation between the individual state’s gun laws and its crime rate. A second item that will be considered is the effect that gun control laws have had in the states. The crime rate in each state will be measured and on communication compared for the last ten years the states that have more gun laws this is to see if the gun control legislation has any measurable affect on the state crime-rate. For states that have very loose gun control laws this is done to see if crime was trending down anyway. Main Body (Research) First, let’s consider the levels of Selfishness, gun control laws in on communication, each of the states that will be compared. On The Psychology Behind Selfishness. The study specifically chose six states that did not have a zero according to The Brady Campaign. Below is visual representation of each state’s gun control score according to The Brady Campaign. As can be seen Indiana has a score of 4, which is being compared to Illinois’ score of 35.

Delaware has a 13 which is being compared to New Jersey’s 72. Finally, California comes in with a nation-high score of gynocentric, 81 which is being compared to Texas’ score of only 4. Referring to Essay on The Psychology Behind, the different categories that are scored on pages 5 and 6. Essay. Both California and New Jersey score at least some points in all categories, Illinois scores in about half of the categories. While Indiana, Texas and Delaware only score in Essay Psychology, the two most basic categories; Gun Dealer Registration, and Guns In Public Places and Local Control categories. Now that the level of gun control in gynocentric, each state is known, we can now begin the side-by side comparisons. First, let’s consider the small states, New Jersey and on The Psychology Behind Human Delaware.

In 2010 Delaware had a population of 897,934 according to the U. S Census Bureau. That same year Delaware reported an overall crime-rate of 4,077. 2 crimes per 100,000 persons and a violent crime rate of 620. Essay On Illusion And Reality In Death Of A Salesman. 9 crimes per 100,000 people. Remember that Delaware had the Essay on The Psychology Behind, relatively low score of 13 according to The Brady Campaign. In 2010 New Jersey reported a total population of 8,791,894.

That same year New Jersey reported an and Property, overall crime rate of 2387.6 crimes per 100,000 persons and a violent crime rate of Essay Behind Human, 307. 7 crimes per Research Essay 100,000 persons. On The Psychology. Again, remember that New Jersey had the high score of 72 on essay The Brady Campaign scorecard. Another factor that should be taken into account is the fact that New Jersey has a much higher population than Delaware. This reduces the affect that each crime has on the rate per Essay on The Behind Selfishness 100,000. Delaware has a much smaller population, so each crime has a significantly higher affect on the crime-rate per 100,000 inhabitants. If you were to look at Death and the the number of Essay Psychology Selfishness, crimes committed you would see that Delaware reported just 36,686 total crimes compared to New Jersey’s 210,097. Again this is because of the population difference, but since Delaware’s total population is so small compared to New Jersey’s it was important to Pets, note. It is also important to note that New Jersey has a much higher percentage of its population in a metropolitan area than Delaware does. In fact, the FBI reported that, technically, 100% of New Jersey’s population resides in Essay Psychology Selfishness, a metropolitan area. Below is a visual representation of the trend of the violent crime-rate per 100,000 persons in both New Jersey and Delaware over the last ten years.

Now let’s take a look at society the second side-by-side comparison. The more medium-sized, mid-western states Indiana and Illinois. In 2010 Indiana had a population of 6,483,802 people according to the U. S Census Bureau. That same year Indiana reported an overall crime-rate of on The, 3,393. 5 crimes per 100,000 persons and a violent crime-rate of 323. 3 crimes per 100,000 persons. Also in 2010, Illinois had a population of 12,830,632 people. In 2010 Illinois reported an overall crime-rate of 3,118. Essay. 1 crimes per 100,000 persons and Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness a violent crime-rate of and the, 444. 9 crimes per persons.

It is important to note that, while Indiana’s total crime-rate is higher than that of Illinois, Illinois’ violent crime-rate is Essay on The Psychology Behind Human substantially higher than Indiana’s. Essay On The Confusion Between Illusion And Reality In Death. This discrepancy is because Indiana has a higher property crime rate than Illinois, but Illinois has a higher murder rate and aggravated assault rate. Below is Essay on The Human a visual representation of the society, trend of the violent crime-rate per 100,000 persons in both Indiana and Illinois over the last ten years. Psychology Behind Selfishness. Last, but not least, let us consider the final side-by-side comparison of this study. The final comparison will be between the two larger, western states, California and Texas. Before looking at Pets are Companions and Property Essay the numbers from each state it is important to Essay Behind Selfishness, remember two things. First, both of these states border Mexico. Because of the gynocentric, recent problems with illegal immigration and drug trade, the crime rates of both states may be slightly inflated.

Second, these two states have distinctly different sub-cultures. California is distinctly more liberal and Texas has a much more independent, conservative flavor. Now, to the numbers. In 2010 California had a population of 37,253,956 people according to the U. S Census Bureau. That same year California reported an overall crime-rate of 3,069.

5 crimes per Essay on The Behind Human 100,000 persons and a violent crime-rate of 439. Are Companions And Property. 6 crimes per 100,000 persons. Essay Behind Selfishness. In 2010 Texas had a population of 25,145,561 according to the U. S Census Bureau. Essay On Between Illusion And Reality In Death Of A Salesman. Also in 2010 Texas reported an overall crime-rate of 4,215. 2 crimes per 100,000 persons and Essay Psychology Behind Human a violent crime-rate of 448. 4 crimes per 100,000 persons. Research Methods And Design. Below is Behind a visual representation of the trend of the violent crime-rate per 100,000 persons in society, both California and Texas over on The Psychology the last ten years.

It would appear that, over time, states with more gun control have considerably less crime. It would be worth someone’s time in the future to look at individual cities in each state and gynocentric society include additional controls for population and population density. Also, it may be interesting to see the murder rate for each state in comparison to the gun laws. After examining the results there are a few conclusions that can be made. First of all, it is easy to see that my initial hypotheses were mostly wrong. The only state with loose gun control that had a violent crime-rate lower than the state with tighter gun control was Indiana. Even then, Illinois’ violent crime-rate was trending down and was rapidly catching up to Indiana’s. Essay On The Psychology. Not only that, but Indiana’s overall crime-rate was higher than Illinois’. All of the states that had more restrictive gun control laws showed a downward trend in violent crime over the given ten-year span.

Texas also showed a consistent downward trend, but both Indiana and Delaware fluctuated to some extent. It is worth noting that all of the states with more gun laws had a higher population than those with fewer gun laws. Either way, this study shows that looser gun laws do not definitively reduce crime.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries - Critical Essays: Philosophical, Theological and Scientific

Pay for Exclusive Essay - Psychology Touts Selfishness for Survival | HuffPost

Writing the Scholarship Essay : by Kay Peterson, Ph.D. It’s the hardest part of Essay on The Psychology Human your scholarship application. But it’s also the part of the application where the ‘real you’ can shine through. Make a hit with these tips from scholarship providers: Think before you write. Brainstorm to generate some good ideas and then create an outline to help you get going. Be original. On Communication. The judges may be asked to review hundreds of essays. It’s your job to make your essay stand out from the rest. So be creative in your answers.

Show, don’t tell. Use stories, examples and Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness, anecdotes to individualize your essay and Absurd, demonstrate the point you want to make. Essay Behind. By using specifics, you’ll avoid vagueness and generalities and make a stronger impression. Develop a theme. Don’t simply list all your achievements. Decide on a theme you want to convey that sums up the impression you want to make. Write about experiences that develop that theme. Know your audience. Personal essays are not ‘one size fits all.’ Write a new essay for each application-one that fits the interests and requirements of that scholarship organization. You’re asking to be selected as the representative for that group. The essay is your chance to essay on communication show how you are the ideal representative.

Submit an essay that is Essay Psychology Behind Human, neat and readable. Make sure your essay is neatly typed, and that there is society, a lot of Essay Psychology Selfishness ‘white space’ on Methods and Design, the page. Double-space the essay, and on The Behind Human Selfishness, provide adequate margins (1?-1 1/2?) on all sides. Make sure your essay is well written. Proofread carefully, check spelling and grammar and share your essay with friends or teachers. Another pair of eyes can catch errors you might miss. Special thanks to the scholarship specialists who contributed these tips: TROA Scholarship Fund. Kathy Borunda, Corporate Development. Society of Death and the Absurd Hispanic Professional Engineers Foundation.

The American Legion. Patti Cohen, Program Manager. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation. AFSA Scholarship Programs. Thomas Murphy, Executive Director. Konieg Education Foundation. Lisa Portenga, Scholarship Coordinator. The Fremont Area Foundation. Practice Session: Common Essay Questions — by Roxana Hadad. The essay — It’s the most important part of your scholarship application, and Psychology Selfishness, it can be the Essay, hardest.

But the essay shouldn’t keep you from applying. Take a look at Essay Selfishness some of the most commonly asked essay questions and use them to prepare for your scholarship applications. And Property. Brainstorm ideas, do some research or create your own ‘stock’ of scholarship essays. When the Essay Behind Human, time comes, you’ll be ready to write your way to scholarship success! Your Field of Death Absurd Essay Specialization and Academic Plans.

Some scholarship applications will ask you to write about Psychology Selfishness, your major or field of essay study. Behind Selfishness. These questions are used to determine how well you know your area of specialization and why you’re interested in it. How will your study of _______ contribute to your immediate or long range career plans? Why do you want to Death Absurd Essay be a _______? Explain the importance of (your major) in today’s society. What do you think the on The Psychology Behind, industry of Pets are Companions _______ will be like in Essay on The Human, the next 10 years? What are the most important issues your field is facing today? To test your skills at problem-solving and check how up-to-date you are on current issues, many scholarship applications include questions about problems and gynocentric society, issues facing society. What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why? If you had the authority to change your school in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?

Pick a controversial problem on college campuses and Psychology Human Selfishness, suggest a solution. What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today? Scholarships exist to Research and Design Essay reward and encourage achievement. Essay Psychology Human. You shouldn’t be surprised to society find essay topics that ask you to brag a little. Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school. Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart. Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and Essay on The Behind Selfishness, your future goals. Why are you a good candidate to Death Absurd Essay receive this award. Who you are is closely tied to where you’ve been and who you’ve known. Essay Psychology Behind Selfishness. To learn more about you, some scholarship committees will ask you to write about your background and major influences.

Pick an on and Reality in Death of a Salesman experience from your own life and Essay Behind Human Selfishness, explain how it has influenced your development. Pets And Property. Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why? How has your family background affected the way you see the world? How has your education contributed to who you are today? Scholarship sponsors look for Essay Psychology Human Selfishness, applicants with vision and motivation, so they might ask about your goals and aspirations. Briefly describe your long- and short-term goals. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Why do you want to get a college education? Many scholarship providers have a charitable goal: They want to gynocentric society provide money for students who are going to Essay on The Psychology Behind have trouble paying for college.

In addition to asking for information about your financial situation, these committees may want a more detailed and personal account of society your financial need. From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education? State any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance. Psychology Behind. How have you been financing your college education? Some essay questions don’t seem directly related to your education, but committees use them to test your creativity and get a more well-rounded sense of your personality. Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why. Essay The Confusion Illusion Of A Salesman. Choose a book or books and that have affected you deeply and explain why. While you can’t predict every essay question, knowing some of the on The Behind Human Selfishness, most common ones can give you a leg up on applications. Start brainstorming now, and Absurd, you may find yourself a winner!

Essay Feedback: Creating Your Structure — by Kay Peterson, Ph.D. You might think that the secret of a winning scholarship essay is to write about a great idea. But that’s only half the job. The best essays take a great idea and present it effectively through the Selfishness, structure of the essay. To see how important structure is, let’s look at an essay by Emily H. In her application for the UCLA Alumni Scholarship, Emily responds to the following essay topic: “Please provide a summary of Research and Design Essay your personal and Essay on The Behind Human Selfishness, family background, including information about your family, where you grew up, and perhaps a highlight or special memory of your youth.” Here’s how Emily responded:

To me, home has never been associated with the word “permanent.” I seem to use it more often with the word “different” because I’ve lived in a variety of places ranging from essay on communication, Knoxville, Tennessee, to Los Angeles, California. While everyone knows where Los Angeles is on a map, very few even know which state Knoxville is in. Fortunately, I’ve had the chance to live in the east and west and to view life from Essay Human, two disparate points. I always get the same reaction from people when I tell them that I’m originally from a small town in Tennessee called Knoxville. Along with surprised, incredulous looks on their faces, I’m bombarded with comments like “Really? You don’t sound or look as if you’re from Tennessee.” These reactions are nearly all the same because everyone sees me as a typical Californian who loves the sunny weather, the beach and the city. They don’t know that I lived in The Confusion in Death, Reading, Pennsylvania, before I moved to Chattanooga, Tennessee, and then moved again to Knoxville, Tennessee.

The idea of my living anywhere in the vicinity of the South or any place besides California is inconceivable to many because I’ve adapted so well to the surroundings in which I currently find myself. This particular quality, in a sense, also makes me a more cosmopolitan and on The Behind Human, open-minded person. Having already seen this much of the world has encouraged me to visit other places like Paris or London and the rest of the world. Are Companions Essay. My open-mindedness applies not only to new places, but also to Human Selfishness intriguing ideas and essay on communication, opportunities. This attitude towards life prepares me for the vast array of opportunities that still lie ahead in the future. Essay Psychology Behind Human Selfishness. From my experiences of moving place to place, I have also come to acknowledge the deep bond I share with my family. It has helped me realize the importance of supporting each other through tough times. And The Essay. Moving from Essay on The Psychology Behind Human, Tennessee to California meant saying good-bye to the house we had lived in for six years, longtime friends and the calm, idyllic lifestyle of the Death Absurd, country that we had grown to on The Selfishness love and savor. But knowing that we had each other to Research Methods and Design depend on made the transition easier. It also strengthened the bond we all shared and placed more value on Essay Selfishness, the time we spent with each other, whether it was at home eating dinner or going on on The Confusion Between Illusion, a family trip. Now when I think of the word “home,” I see the bluish-gray house I live in now.

In the past, however, “home” has been associated with houses of Essay on The Psychology Behind Human varying sizes, colors and forms. The only thing that has remained unchanging and permanent is my family. I have acknowledged this constancy, knowing well enough that it is, and always will be, a part of on Illusion Salesman me and a unique part of my life. Los Angeles is one of many places in which I’ve lived. This fact by itself has had a tremendous impact on me. This kind of essay topic can be difficult because it is Essay on The Psychology Behind, very general.

Emily deftly avoids this pitfall by focusing her essay on and the Absurd, one topic: the fact that she’s moved many times. As a result, this essay contains a lot of winning elements: Her opening sentence is great. It really grabs the reader’s attention because it’s unexpected and paradoxical. Essay On The Human Selfishness. We want to society learn more about her. On The Psychology Behind Selfishness. Her story is unique; she doesn’t rely on cliches. She provides a lot of detail; we feel the differences among the various cities.

She’s focused the account so we learn just enough, not too much. She tells us why these events are important. Rather than just listing the cities, she tells us how her experiences have affected her. But there are also a number of things she could do to improve her essay: Opening paragraph gets off to a strong start, but quickly loses steam.

The last sentence is essay on communication, too vague. The second paragraph is far too long, and covers too many ideas. The transitions among the various ideas are underdeveloped. Essay Selfishness. There’s a thought progression behind her essay that isn’t supported by the transitions. Conclusion is weak and doesn’t capture the much richer ideas that resonate throughout her essay. The first thing Emily should do is step back from her essay and think about Death Absurd, how she has organized her ideas-that is, what structure has she provided?

She can do this by creating an outline of the ideas that appear in her essay. It should look something like this: a. Emily has lived in a lot of places. b. Emily has viewed life from Essay Psychology, two disparate points. 2. Body (one paragraph) a. People don’t guess that Emily is not originally from California. b. That’s because she has adapted so well to and Property Essay her current environment. c. This adaptability has made her open-minded about the world around her, and ready to take new opportunities. d. She’s also learned to recognize and Essay Behind, value the and the Essay, bond with her family, which gives her a sense of permanence throughout all the on The Psychology Behind, changes. 3. Conclusion: Los Angeles is one of the places she has lived.

As we can see, Emily’s essay is jam-packed with good ideas. With the exception of the conclusion (which she should cut), everything in here is meaningful and necessary. What she needs to do now is identify the Essay, most important idea for the whole essay and then rearrange the points so that they support that idea. What is the overriding idea? I identified a number of fruitful ideas that involve these various points: Constant change has been challenging, but learning how to deal with change has made Emily ready for on The Human, more challenges in the future. Constant change has had a paradoxical effect on Emily: It’s taught her both how to be adaptable and how determine what is truly permanent (i.e. Pets. her family). Constant change has taught her all about different parts of the country, but has also taught her that while she grows and changes, she’ll still remain the Essay Psychology Human Selfishness, same person she always was. Once Emily has decided what main idea she wants to communicate, she can then restructure the points to support that idea. She may find that she needs to cut some points or develop others more fully. The key is to make it clear how those points relate to the central idea and to use meaningful transitions that point the way to the next idea.

With a new structure in place, Emily should have a unique and winning essay! Once you have determined which scholarships you will apply for, write to them and ask for their scholarship application and requirements. The letter can be a general request for information “form” letter that can be photocopied, but you should be specific about the name of the scholarship you are inquiring about on the envelope. Write to each source as far in on The Confusion and Reality in Death, advance of their scholarship deadline as possible and Essay Psychology Behind, don’t forget to and the Absurd Essay send a self-addressed, stamped envelope(SASE) — it not only expedites their reply, but some organizations won’t respond without one. Remember, on Essay Psychology Human, the outside of the envelope, list the name of the specific scholarship you are inquiring about. That way, the person opening the mail will know where to direct your inquiry. Here is an example of what your letter might look like: XYZ Corporation (Ian Scott Smith Scholarship) 1234 56th Street, Suite 890. Metropolis, FL 00000-0000. Dear Scholarship Coordinator:

I am a (college) student (give academic year) and will be applying for essay on communication, admission to (a graduate) program for academic year 20__ – __. I would appreciate any information you have available on educational financing, including application forms. I am enclosing a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope for Selfishness, your convenience in replying. Daniel J. Cassidy. 2280 Airport Boulevard. Santa Rosa, CA 95403. Make sure your letter is neatly typed, well written and does not contain grammatical errors or misspelled words. When filling out scholarship application forms, be complete, concise and creative. People who read these applications want to essay know the real you, not just your name. The application should clearly emphasize your ambitions, motivations and on The Behind Selfishness, what makes you different.

Be original! You will find that once you have seen one or two applications, you have pretty much seen them all. Usually they are one or two pages asking where you are going to school, what you are going to major in and why you think you deserve the scholarship. Some scholarship sources require that you join their organization. If the Methods, organization relates to your field of study, you should strongly consider joining because it will keep you informed (via newsletter, etc.) about Essay Psychology Behind, developments in that field. Other scholarship organizations may want you to promise that you will work for them for essay, a year or two after you graduate. The Dow Jones Newspaper Fund offers a scholarship for up to $20,000 for journalism, broadcasting, and Essay Behind Selfishness, communications students with the understanding that the student will intern for them for two years. This could even yield a permanent job for the student. Your application should be typewritten and neat.

I had a complaint from one foundation about a student who had an essay on communication excellent background and qualifications but used a crayon to fill out the application. Once your essay is finished, make a master file for it and other supporting items. Photocopy your essay and attach it to the application. If requested include: a resume or curriculum vitae (CV), extracurricular activities sheet (usually one page), transcripts, SAT, GRE, or MCAT scores, letters of recommendation (usually one from a professor, employer and friend) outlining your moral character and, if there are any newspaper articles, etc. about Essay Psychology Behind Selfishness, you, it is and the Absurd Essay, a good idea to include them as well. You might also include your photograph, whether it’s a graduation picture or a snapshot of Essay your working at Research and Design your favorite hobby. This helps the selection committee feel a little closer to you. Essay On The Psychology Human Selfishness. Instead of just seeing a name, they will have a face to match it. Mail your applications in essay, early , at least a month before the deadline. **Dr. Peterson has won numerous college and graduate scholarships, including the Jacob Javits Fellowship, the Psychology, University of California Regents Scholarship and the National Merit Scholarship.

Together we care for our patients and our communities.

Online Cheap Custom Essay - Good, Neutral, and Bad Selfishness | Psychology Today

Write my essay - David Hume on Human Nature, the Myth of Selfishness, and Why

Analysis of the film #8220;Othello#8221; by Oliver Parker Essay Sample. The film Othello by director Oliver Parker, is based on the Shakespearean tragedy based on the insecurities of one man, being played upon leading to his undoing at the hands of the one he most trusts, ?honest Iago?. In this essay, we look at how this age old play is dealt with by the medium of film, reviewing the director?s ability to Human Selfishness provide an effect caused by insight into the play?s mechanization and interpretation of such affected by visual mastery. This analysis focuses mainly on techniques and devices used to achieve this and their effect. The effectiveness of Parker?s choice of actors and actresses needs to be first questioned. Cognizant of the character Othello#8217;s empty un-reflective nature, he filled the void with sex and violence, traits embodied through actor Lawrence Fishburne#8217;s stunning visual presence. The idea was to Essay make the erotic relationship between Othello and Essay Psychology Behind Selfishness Desdemona the emotional hinge of the play, and this aspect at least, was handled well by Research and Design Essay, the American actor. Fishburne#8217;s physicality and stilted American speaking of the lines make him the Psychology Behind Human epitome of the alien #8220;other#8221; inherent in Essay on The Confusion of a, the play?s racist nature. The casting for Essay on The Psychology Behind, all of the other parts is just as creative, for example Desdemona is not portrayed as the blond-haired embodiment of innocence as has been the norm in traditional productions. Rather she is sensual and gynocentric society dark-haired, played by the actress, Irene Jacob.

Although Shakespeare#8217;s Othello says #8220;she loved me for the pains I have suffered,#8221; this Desdemona, speaking in heavily accented English, rather conveys the full measure of erotic chemistry that can precipitate a sudden elopement. With this is mind, the audience already witnesses a hint of the contrasting value of the play, mirrored well and in on The Psychology Human, fact improved by World, the film. The movie begins with the image of Othello lifting a black and white mask onto his face (the mask is on The Selfishness appropriate ?Othello? is a play about identity both our conception of ourselves and the way we perceive others). This image is also significant of the two faced god Janus, who is linked to Death Essay Iago. The symbol is effective as it is a mask of sorrow donned, signifying that it is this ?two-faced? nature that causes this tragedy. In the opening act of the play itself, Iago show of Psychology Behind Human, allegiance to the double-faced god points primarily to the doubleness of Iago himself. However, there is another aspect of Iago#8217;s allegiance to Janus which is quite evident especially in the film. This likeness is Iago?s being the guardian of doorways and thresholds ? a concept played on by Parker?s apparent concern with entrances, doorstep hesitations and Research and Design lurking by windows, in attempts to give the film a thriller effect. It is very important to notice that Iago is repeatedly stationed on a threshold, between inside and outside, often ushering the characters in on The Psychology Behind, and out.

In the opening of the film, Iago and Roderigo are seen lurking (in the foreground) beside a door, apparently spying on Desdemona who is Death Absurd Essay hurrying to some secret place to be wedded to Othello in the middle of the night. This is also apparent in Act III, scene 3, where when Othello collapses on his bed partly out of Essay Human Selfishness, shot, the camera reveals Iago still lurking in the doorway. Shortly after, when Othello wakes up with a start in the middle of the World Oil Demand night, having dreamt of Desdemona and Psychology Selfishness Cassio#8217;s embraces, and leaves the palace for gynocentric, the beach. Unexpectedly Iago appears stealthily behind him, as if he had been lurking there, and remains for a while in the doorway of the Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness palace with his eyes on Othello before joining him on gynocentric society the beach. It is believed that from standing at the entrances of houses, at the doors, Janus is on The Selfishness considered the patron of beginning and endings.

So is Iago given the role of opening and closing most of the scenes. Parker utilizes this, having Iago linger behind the characters after leaving any place he is in. This gives Iago a diabolical, supernatural effect, as he seems to appear behind and aside characters out of Essay on and Reality of a Salesman, some dark abyss. Essay Psychology Behind Human Selfishness. The director makes this even more apparent with his adaption of the and Property significance of the soot in the play, after the villain has devised his plot. Essay Psychology. The devilish Iago grasps a red hot brand and smears his hands with soot, then places his blackened hand on the lens of the camera, with the Pets are Companions and Property effect of a black-out, saying #8220;So will I turn her virtue into pitch, And out of her own goodness make the net, That shall enmesh #8217;em all#8221; Thus Iago appears as the absolute master of the Essay on The Behind Human gaze, of seeing, hiding and showing things at will; in so doing, he controls the physical and essay on communication mental movement of on The Psychology Selfishness, characters, as well as the audience whose vision he may aid or obscure at Essay on Between of a Salesman, will. The soot he spreads over the #8220;eye#8221; of the camera also suggests the fact that the characters are overly blind.

It also testifies to the fact that as the play progresses, night seems to spread over Cyprus (with literally a growing importance of night scenes) overshadowing all the characters, including the fair Desdemona, who becomes, in Othello#8217;s very words, #8220;begrim#8217;d, and black.#8221; This furthermore shows Iago as film director, and most of all as god of passageways, with the on The Human Selfishness impression that he steps out of the dramatic universe. The scheming mastery possessed by Iago is excellently captured and portrayed by the visual devices and Essay on The Confusion Between of a symbolic imagery used by the director to Psychology Human make effective his interpretation of Shakespeare?s work. Death And The. Very important is the use of camera focus, a device Parker liberally utilizes to make up for the scenes from the play he has omitted from the film. He particularly makes use of the technique of ?rack focus?, a device where one character?s face is blurred while another?s is in focus. This technique is used for dramatic and symbolic effect, significant for instance in the night after the fight scene where Cassio?s face is highlighted and Iago?s words muffle until inaudible and Essay on The the view of he and Othello are unclear. This works to further emphasize Iago?s God- like persona and pervasive effect. By illuminating the faces of these victims, Parker is forcing us to concentrate on the effects of his words. Alternately Iago who is standing in the background comes progressively into Death and the Absurd Essay, focus, while the on The Psychology character in the foreground fades out, which produces a new backward ? forward inversion. This is Essay dramatized on several occasions. As fore-mentioned, in Act II, scene 3, while Iago is reporting to Othello how the fight came about, the camera repeatedly changes focal point, alternately shooting Cassio in focus, while Iago and Othello in Essay on The Selfishness, the background blur out, and essay vice versa.

Later in the same scene, Iago comes into focus in Essay on The Psychology Behind, the far background between Cassio and Othello to signify to Cassio that he has done his utmost to temper Othello#8217;s anger. The device is again loaded with meaning when, in the vaulted armory, Iago who is at first sitting in the background starts making insinuations to Pets Essay Othello, whose face is screened by swords displayed on racks. Psychology Behind Human Selfishness. Iago is at first out of gynocentric, focus, seen as much as unseen, while his initial tacit suspicions of Desdemona#8217;s apparent infidelity are shut out by Othello, yet seep through his closed ears to infect his mind. As Iago comes back into focus (before he walks over to Othello who has moved away from him at the first disclosure), one can assume that Iago#8217;s poisoned words have already made their way into Othello#8217;s thoughts. The same device will be at work at the end of the play, while Othello is reading the letter brought from Venice by Lodovico, to convey the double focus of the scene.

The focus keeps shifting from Othello who is perusing the letter and Desdemona in the background who is talking with Lodovico about Cassio, showing the build-up of intensity leading to the slap. This use of indirection and distortion of the Essay on The Psychology gaze is a device utilized again by Parker, seen when the characters arrive in Cyprus, Iago observes behind him without being seen, the essay courteous exchange between Desdemona and Essay Psychology Human Cassio reflected on the blade of his knife, uttering the Essay on The Confusion Illusion and Reality Salesman words: #8220;Very good, ay, well said, whisper: in Psychology Behind Selfishness, as little a web as this will I ensnare as great a fly as Cassio.#8221; The reflection is blurred and warped on Essay Illusion the unpolished blade. This is very significant, as the image blurred on blade shows that Iago is unsure of the authenticity of Psychology Human, this action, yet pounces upon are Companions and Property it ? seeing it through his blade signifying the violence he intends to create out of it. Once again his likeness to the two-faced god is apparent as he sees everything, before him and behind him, forward and backward. Essay On The Human. One of the most important signifiers of Othello?s insanity is his obsession with images of on communication, Desdemona and Cassio having sex. These images are combined by Parker to Essay Psychology Human Selfishness create a flashing sequence forming one of Othello#8217;s nightmares. Whereas in the scene where Othello and Desdemona consummate their marriage, we see Othello#8217;s black hand grasp Desdemona?s white one, during Othello#8217;s disturbed visions, the camera instead shows us Cassio#8217;s white hand over Desdemona#8217;s. These images are particularly tormenting for Othello as his potent love for Desdemona and insecurities about his age and race result in a sense of unworthiness. His possessiveness of Desdemona is an important pioneer to his jealousy which is predominantly sexual as he treats Desdemona?s beauty as the cause which inflamed his love for her but which he also believes to have tempted Cassio, thus leading to his madness. In conclusion, Fishburne and Pets Essay Jacob may not have been the ideal candidates for the portrayal of Othello and Desdemona respectfully, due to their lack of?. , they have nonetheless done well with their roles for the purpose they had been granted them ? to embody an erotic screen presence, as Parker intended to Behind Selfishness re-conceive the play as a sexual thriller. Saved by the acting genius of Kenneth Branagh as Iago, as well as the Methods devices and effective camera use previously mentioned, this production would have indeed been a disaster.

Irene Jacob#8217;s sensuous Desdemona is an erotic match for Fishburne on the screen and Othello does not have to on The be crazed to imagine her making love to another man, especially after Parker inserts a scene in which Othello watches Desdemona dance with Cassio, with a look of essay, sensual pleasure in her eye. All of this makes Othello#8217;s jealousy more believable. The director embodies this passion symbolically in Desdemona?s dance with fire, which she passes around first to Othello then hands to Cassius ? Suggestive of a nature prone to infidelity. In his manipulative interchanges with Roderigo, Cassio, and on The Psychology Behind Human Othello, Parker through his screenplay fashions Iago to occasionally assume a seductive feminine demeanor, wooing them with yielding words and promises. This is predominantly shown in the scene after Othello#8217;s arrival in Cyprus where the celebration of the Turkish fleet#8217;s destruction has become a drunken orgy. In a cart rocking above them the camera reveals, without being overly graphic, that a couple is having intercourse while below a gleeful Iago embraces Roderigo and deviously sets him on to further machinations. This apparent nature is Essay also implied in the body language between Fishburne and Branagh suggesting dominance-submission, sadism-masochism.

Thus, this possibly suggested aspect of homosexual attraction being the power behind Iago?s evil actions, by Shakespeare in the play, is also embodied into Parker?s film. With his fallbacks caused by omission of scenes and lines, Othello?s lack of a significant fall from innocence, no defining tragic moment, and Fishburne?s offer of nothing more than his physical presence; Parker hoped that sexual passion would bring emotional coherence to a play that has puzzled Shakespeare critics for two centuries. What however managed to save him from complete disaster, was his excellent use of Essay Behind Selfishness, symbolism inherent in the chess pieces (black king representing Othello, White queen as Desdemona and white knight as Cassio) held in and tossed out of Iago?s hand, as well as other fore-mentioned symbols (such as the mask) and brilliant use of film?s perks (camera focus-point and devices). Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and order Analysis of the film #8220;Othello#8221; by Between, Oliver Parker. essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Analysis of the film #8220;Othello#8221; by Oliver Parker. William Shakespeare#8217;s Othello is an Aristotelian tragedy that dramatises the gradual demise of the eponymous protagonist.

Shakespeare employs a multiplicity of literary techniques to convey universal ideas exemplified throughout the#8230; Othello is one of the many plays by William Shakespeare. It tells the story of the tragic love life of the valiant Moor, Othello. It shows how he changes; starting#8230; #8220;Othello#8221;: What Way did Desdemona#8217;s Mistakes Contribute to Her Death? In the play #8220;Othello#8221;, Desdemona fell deeply in on The Psychology Human, love with Othello. Pets Are Companions And Property Essay. She was extremely loyal and faithful to the heretical general. Psychology Behind Human Selfishness. Desdemona died at the end of the play as#8230; The Downfall of Othello. Othello in the play appears to be strong and brave. He is a combination of greatness and weakness. Othello is intelligent and are Companions confident in military matters but socially insecure, one#8230; Othello Female Characters. During the late sixteenth century, Venice was a male-dominated society while women struggled to Essay Psychology be heard. Desdemona, Bianca, and Emilia are all victims of this society throughout Shakespeare’s Othello.

Desdemona#8230; Relationships effect the outcokme of the on The Confusion and Reality in Death of a play #8221;Othello#8221; by William Shakespear. In the play Othello by Essay on The Behind Human Selfishness, Shakespeare there are numerous various male and female roles, that between husband and Essay on and Reality in Death Salesman wife, mater and servant relationships as well as the relationship between men#8230;

Online Essay Writing Service - Psychology of Selfishness: What is Selfishness?

Order Essays Online Cheap - Critical Essays: Philosophical, Theological and Scientific

candide utopia essay Voltaire's 'Candide' is generally placed in the category of dystopic fiction, presenting a dispicable world in which religious hypocrisy and cruelty dominate. Pangloss, the clown-like doctor, is ridiculed due to his determination to hold on Essay on The to the doctrines of Spinoza and Leibnitz claiming that we live in 'the best possible world'. However, despite Voltaire's obvious ridicule, it is possible to view Pangloss as an essay, admirable character, able, with his outlook on Essay Psychology Behind Human life, to create a personal utopia in the middle of a dystopic world. Reading Voltaires Candide as Utopian Fiction.

It would be wrong to judge the success of on communication, a work of Utopian fiction on the existence or lack of Human Selfishness, existence of states and communities resembling the essay, blueprint outlined in the original work. On The Psychology. Platos Republic is not a failure, simply because any attempt to are Companions, set up such a state met with failure. Edward Bellamys Looking Backward cant be discarded as a failed prediction just because we have now reached the year 2000 and Boston and America have not developed in the way he desired. Psychology Behind Human Selfishness. Instead, the success of a Utopian work needs to be judged using different criteria. As Krishan Kumar correctly claims, Success for them (The Utopian writer) may be measured..by how far they may have shown the possibility of living even if only for a relatively short time in ways that refuse the Research and Design Essay, compromises and corruptions generally thought inevitable in human society. The success of Platos Republic therefore should be judged on what extent it is able to create justice, the works central theme, in a society. Thomas Mores satirical criticism of peoples reliance and dependence on precious metals and money is far more important that his creation of a perfect society on an island far away from Europe. The importance of Kumars observation becomes clear when Candide is read in connection with other works of Utopian fiction.

Reading Candide as Utopian fiction would generally concentrate on the chapters in which the Essay Behind Human Selfishness, characters spend time in Absurd, the Utopian land of El Dorado. However, as Kumar pointed out, it is not the creation of Utopias that determine the Essay Human, success of a work of Oil Demand, Utopian fiction. Essay On The Psychology Behind Human. Instead, it is the fact that these works are attempts to show that it is indeed, possible to live happily in a society (albeit a highly corrupted society), by developing a different perspective on life. Pets Are Companions. By introducing the reader to the optimistic philosophy of Spinoza and Leibnitz through the character of Essay on The Psychology Selfishness, Dr. Pangloss, Voltaire inadvertently gives the reader a Utopian perspective on and Property Essay life in a dystopic world.

By widening the on The Behind Selfishness, boundaries of Utopia to Oil Demand, include ways of looking at life, it becomes possible to read Candide as a work of Utopian fiction. The characters that come in for the worst treatment by Voltaire however are those representing the church and religion in general. Voltaire, as a leading member of the Enlightenment, firmly believed that knowledge could be gained through science and reason, and that the received beliefs which people gained from religion, were dangerous to society and humanity in general. Religious persecution and on The Human, the hypocrisy of World Oil Demand Essay, religious leaders are evident throughout the novel, with only Zenoidas Lutheranism avoiding Voltaires biting satirical commentary. Just as religion is never seen as the solution to the problems of eighteenth century Europe, philosophy also comes in for heavy criticism from Voltaire, particularly the optimistic, fatalistic doctrines of on The Psychology Human Selfishness, Spinoza and Leibnitz. Oil Demand. Voltaires teacher, Dr. On The Psychology Human. Pangloss, is used to represent the views of Spinoza and Leibnitz, particularly the idea that everything happens for a reason and that everything is for on communication the best.

Pangloss perhaps suffers physical torture more than any other character in the novel, yet still clings to his faith in the necessity of all that happens. Despite losing limbs, being hung, and being thrown into the great fire of Istanbul, Pangloss maintains that the world is good and that it is the best possible world in which we live. By subjecting Pangloss to Essay on The Human Selfishness, such horrors, Voltaires aim was of and Property, course, to mock the ridiculously optimistic philosophy of Spinoza and Essay on The Behind, Leibnitz. However, it is arguable that Dr Pangloss is actually the most successful character in terms of dealing with the world in which man is forced to live. He is the only character who is able to create a utopia out and the, of the dystopic eighteenth century world. Candide follows this tradition of including both elements of Utopia and Dystopia by placing Candide and his companion Cacambo in the land of El Dorado for Human two chapters.

Despite only accounting for an extremely small portion of the novel, the presence of the on Between in Death, El Dorado chapters are still worth analyzing, if only to show the connections between Candide and other works of Utopian fiction. Indeed, it would almost be possible to place Voltaires El Dorado onto the island of Thomas Mores Utopia and allow the two communities to live in peace without experiencing any problems of cultural assimilation whatsoever. El Dorado is cut off from the rest of the world due to Essay on The Psychology Behind, its unapproachable geographical location. Essay. It is in fact, the remains of the ancient country of the Incas in Peru, which has been able to fend off the imperialist attacks of Europeans. As in Mores Utopia, one of the most important aspects of this society is the lack of dependence on gold and Essay Selfishness, silver and the deliberate contempt for such precious metals. Just as in Mores land, these metals are used by slaves and for the construction of toilets, Candide observes that in gynocentric, El Dorado, The royal children here must be very properly educated, since they are taught to on The Psychology, despise gold and precious stones. Voltaire seems to share Mores opinion that the greed of Absurd Essay, human beings and the fight for possession of wealth are the fundamental problems of European society and that money is, indeed, the root of all evil. The contempt for riches is not the only characteristic of El Dorado connecting the land to Behind Selfishness, other works of Utopia. Private property is not in any way encouraged and Death and the, the government finances accommodation and Essay on The Psychology, inns for merchants. The citizens of El Dorado are able to live much longer (the King claims that he is one hundred and seventy-two years old) and happier lives.

There are no courts, prisons or judges due to are Companions Essay, the complete lack of crime in the city. Finally, religious tolerance is able to flourish as a result of the absence of any clergy. To Candides question concerning the existence of monks in the society, an old man replies that There is no disagreement among us (on religious matters); and Behind Human Selfishness, I do not know what you mean by monks. The absence of a juridical system, the contempt for essay on communication wealth, the free religious expression and the happiness and Essay Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, longevity of life are all traditional Utopian ideas and can be found in a selection of Utopian works, particularly Mores Utopia. The existence of El Dorado is gynocentric however, of less importance in Candide, than the Behind, philosophy of Pangloss and the search for the perfect world. In order to understand the importance of Panglosss philosophy, we must first turn to an analysis of the nature of Utopia and the boundaries of the canon of Utopian thought and fiction.

Utopian thought therefore should not be limited to the fictional creation of promised lands in on The Confusion Illusion and Reality, which wealth is both shared and despised, different opinions are tolerated, and equality among citizens is preserved. Instead, the walls limiting the utopian discourse can be pushed back to make room for other kinds of Essay on The Behind Selfishness, utopia. Critics often distinguish between utopian fiction and utopian theory with the gynocentric, dividing line falling on the creation of a particular setting in which the utopian community can function. By acknowledging the inclusion of the on The Psychology, non-geographical utopian theory in the discussion, it is only a short step to including the non-geographical, non-community-based personal, individual utopian experience, albeit in a non-utopian world. It is therefore possible, (yet difficult no doubt) to lead a utopian existence in Oil Demand, the ordinary world, the success-determining factor of course being ones chosen way of looking at Essay Psychology Human and dealing with the outside world.

Utopia is after all, in Kumars own words, not only a way of looking at the world , but also a story of what it is to Absurd, encounter and experience the Psychology Behind Selfishness, good society Therefore, utopian writing can become an analysis of the individual and how he or she interacts with society; the aim of the writer being to show the best way in which people can organize and lead their lives in Essay on The Confusion Illusion of a, this world. The importance of the geographical location therefore becomes negligible and the importance of the Essay on The, individuals psyche increases. Death And The Essay. Indeed, Kumar points out that There can, of course, be utopias of the contemplative life, and other utopias primarily concerned with individual happiness or fulfillment. These modern utopias, referred to as eupsychias have little in common with Platos Republic, yet they could still be placed in the same discourse, the Behind Human Selfishness, discourse of utopian thought and literature. Candides place in the canon of utopian literature rests on this possibility of widening the boundaries of Research and Design Essay, utopian literature and allowing the idea of utopia to Psychology Human Selfishness, exist at a personal level, not necessarily at the level of the community. The Confusion Between Illusion Of A Salesman. The character of Dr. Pangloss, by espousing the philosophy of Spinoza and Leibnitz, shows how it is Selfishness possible to live in the most dystopic of worlds holding on to a utopian outlook on World life.

Therefore, the traditional utopian vision of El Dorado maintains its negligible place in the novels importance, while the philosophy of Pangloss connects the novel to other works of utopian literature. The importance of the novel is that it brings the reader in touch with the philosophy of Spinoza and Leibnitz, both of whom claimed that the world in which we live in is in fact the Psychology Behind Selfishness, best possible world. There are actually several features of this philosophy that connect this optimistic outlook on life with other utopian works. Most importantly, these features include (1) the creation or the search for the perfect world, (2) the desirability of a communist-like sharing of resources and a contempt for private wealth, (3) the necessity of escaping from ones passions, and (4) the importance of understanding ones own position in the social order and in life in general. Not only are all these features either an inherent part of, or a consequence of the on communication, Spinoza/Leibnitz philosophy, but they can also be found in the most famous works of utopian fiction, particularly the works of Essay on The Human, Thomas More and Plato. Although the major works of utopian fiction are secular works, the impact of religion on and Design Essay utopian thought is still prevalent. Indeed, the Christian belief in the coming of the Millennium has played a role in western utopian thought. Millenarianism of course, attempts to portray the perfect state of affairs, which will be revealed to mankind by God in the future. But is it really necessary to wait for this perfect world to arrive?

As Leibnitz pointed out, if God is really good, then it follows that the world that he created must in fact be the best possible world. There are an infinite number of worlds, all of Essay, which God contemplated before. creating the actual world. Being good, God decided to create the best of the. possible worlds, and and the, He considered that one to be the best which had the greatest. excess of good over Essay on The, evil. He could have created a world containing no evil, but. it would not have been so good as the actual world. That is because some great.

goods are logically bound up with certain evils. It therefore follows that if this is the best possible world in which we are living then we are in fact living in on The Confusion of a Salesman, Utopia. As we are spending our lives in Utopia, we therefore should be as happy and contented as it is possible to be. Obviously, following this philosophy requires a great deal of strength and self discipline, however, it is certainly not to Essay on The Psychology Behind Human, be mocked. Instead, such a philosophy needs to be admired, as it is a method of creating ones own personal utopia without the need to create far away fictional lands. Indeed, the possibility of developing such an outlook on life is far more realistic than the possibility of creating a utopian community in a new country. Of course, in order to create a communitarian social system, one must first wage war on the existence of private property and private wealth. In both Plato and Mores works, private possessions are almost non-existent, and therefore individual competition and essay, selfish motives can be abolished. Once again, it is clear from on The Behind Candide that Dr.Pangloss could undoubtedly become a contented citizen of either The Republic or the land of Utopia due to his philosophical views. Research And Design Essay. As Candide explains, Pangloss used to demonstrate that the worlds goods are common to all men, and that each has an equal right to them. Spinoza himself is known to have lived an ascetic life, spurning private property in the search for a peaceful, contented life.

As Russell states, Spinozas wants were few and simple, and he showed throughout his life a rare indifference to money. If citizens are instructed to be community-minded, then despite the abolition of private gain, production will not suffer. Communist/Communitarian based systems undoubtedly require an enormous re-education program concerning individual and social values, and this is Essay Selfishness no easy task. However, what if hard manual labor itself, without any thought of the communitys benefit, was to provide the individual with the happiness he or she is searching for? Wouldnt this be a wonderful step forward, both in providing the happiness of the citizens of the community and in benefiting the community as a whole? Once again, Pangloss proves his feasibility as a candidate for citizenship in a classic Utopia, claiming that, when man was put into the garden of Eden he was put there ut operaretur eum that he might till it, that he might work Pangloss has therefore developed an extremely useful, if not entirely necessary, way of viewing labor, which would benefit either Plato or Mores utopias tremendously. Pangloss suffers tremendously from his inability to control his passions; he learns the hard way.

One of the many physical tortures which Voltaire forces Pangloss to endure is the Pox, a diseases which covers the doctor in sores, sinks his eyes into his head, eats away the end of his nose, distorts his mouth and blackens his teeth. These deformities, we learn, are the result of gynocentric society, a love affair with the disease-ridden waitress of the Baroness. Essay On The Psychology Human Selfishness. Pangloss is able to reflect on the result of society, his passions illustrating to Essay on The, his student, Candide, that it was love; love, the comfort of the human race, preserver of the universe, the soul of all feeling creatures; the tender passion of love..In her arms I tasted those pleasures of paradise that produced the hellish torments with which you see me devoured. As a follower of the doctrines of Spinoza, Pangloss should have known better than to give in to his passionate desires. As Spinoza claimed, not only bodily unhealthiness, but also, Spiritual unhealthiness and gynocentric society, misfortunes can generally be traced to excessive love of something which is subject to many variations. The solution of course, in Essay Psychology Behind, the eyes of Plato, More and Spinoza is self-control. An emotion which is a passion ceases to and Property, be a passion as soon as we form a clear and distinct idea of it. Understanding that all things are necessary helps the mind to acquire power over the emotions. Undoubtedly, after learning his unfortunate lesson, Pangloss would have agreed entirely with Socrates in the prohibiting of on The Psychology Selfishness, passionate literature and music, and Methods and Design, would have whole-heartedly accepted the restrictions that were to be placed on free, uncontrolled sexual relationships. Understanding and Accepting Ones Position in Essay on The Behind, Life.

Krishan Kumar also pays attention to the notion of harmony in the utopian world, albeit with reference to two kinds of utopia often excluded from the canon of utopian literature; Paradise and the Golden Age. Paradise and the Golden Age contribute the element of harmony. Human beings live in a state of quiet contentment. Everyone is at peace with himself and with other menHuman beings live in and according to nature. Understanding ones own position in life and society, therefore allows man to live in harmony with the world around him. Furthermore, in Spinozas philosophy, understanding and accepting ones situation have positive effects for essay on communication the individual as well. As Bertrand Russell claims, Spinozas outlook is intended to liberate men from the tyranny of fear . Not only fear, but also hope, a particularly dangerous passion when it cant be realized, is condemned, as the individual has no desire, or possibility of changing the existing state of affairs. Any individual who is able to live with such an outlook on life has already created a personal utopia for himself, no matter what external circumstances are causing him pain or suffering. Freedom from want, hope, desire and fear can allow the individual perfect satisfaction with his position in Essay on The Behind Selfishness, society, a necessity characteristic for the citizen of utopia to develop.

Furthermore, the man who adequately understands his own circumstances will act wisely, and will even be happy in the face of what to on Between and Reality of a Salesman, another would be misfortune. Dr Pangloss is this man and therefore is able to become the most successful character in dealing with Voltaires unfriendly world. A belief in the existence of the perfect world, a love of ones fellow man, an avoidance of personal possessions, freedom from ones passions and an understanding of ones role in life are characteristics which enable a person to Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness, go a long way in creating their own personal utopia in whatever circumstances they find themselves in. Utopia is Essay either created for mans happiness, or it is not worth creating at all. All imagined utopias have at base, a desire to create a system in which the citizens of the state are as happy as they possible can be.

Economic and Essay Psychology Selfishness, social systems work to promote or decrease the various desires and passions of human beings, and the utopian system ultimately aims to create a harmony in which every member of the community is happy and contented. However, the feasibility of actually creating such a utopian community is questionable. The re-education of human beings would be such an enormous task (as the Pets are Companions and Property, Soviet Union found out) that the process would take a considerable length of time. Furthermore, this length of time is unavailable to the creator of the utopian state, as any utopian system would need to be implemented in one step, the gradual adoption of utopian practices being unavailable and impractical. If Utopian literature is to have a practical value, it therefore becomes necessary to connect the ideas proposed by the utopian writers with the world in which we live. The problems of the world and humanity today are not likely to be solved by creating a new socio-economic system. Essay On The Psychology Selfishness. However, the one thing that can possibly be changed is the way in which the individual views and interacts with the world.

Utopia, if it needs a geographical setting, can be placed in the mind of the individual, allowing the individual to live in the worst possible world, but with the best possible attitude and World Oil Demand Essay, outlook. Voltaires Candide, by introducing the reader to the philosophy of Spinoza, Leibnitz and consequently Dr. Pangloss, shows the reader a utopian way of living in Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, Dystopia. Plato. Pets Are Companions And Property Essay. The Republic (London: Penguin, 1955) Voltaire. Candide (Hertfordshire: Wordsworth, 1996)

Russell, Bertrand. On The Selfishness. History of Research Methods and Design, Western Philosophy (Canada: Routledge, 1961) Despite Russells role as a philosopher himself, this book is an objective analysis of the leading philosophers in the west since the time of ancient Greece. The chapters on both Spinoza and Leibnitz were particularly useful to this study. Bellamy, Edward. Looking Backward 2000-1887 (Internet Source, first published in 1887)

Buy Essay Online Cheap - Are People Naturally Inclined to Cooperate or Be Selfish? - Scientific

Write My Essay - Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness -- survival

Free High School Student Resume Templates for Teens. If you’ve never made a resume before, it can seem more difficult than the job search itself. Fortunately, making a resume is on The, as simple as following a format. With some key information in the right order, anyone can create one. Your First Job Resume: What It Is and Why You Need It. A resume is a one-page document that summarizes your experience, skills, and other information . The purpose is to show you’re a perfect candidate for the position you are applying for. World Essay! It should be formal, professional, and relevant. Resumes give potential employers a way to learn about applicants quickly and easily, and they are your first step toward new job opportunities.

An interview might also be needed to Essay on The Behind land the job, but a resume is Research Methods and Design Essay, necessary to start the process. Resumes let employers quickly screen out on The Behind job seekers who don’t have the right experience and Essay on Between and Reality in Death of a Salesman qualifications. On The Psychology Human! A well-crafted resume that highlights your experience will set you apart from the competition. Even if you have little or no work experience yet, these guidelines will get you on track to having a great entry-level resume and all the opportunities that come with it. There are three basic resume formats to choose from: chronological, functional, and combination. It helps to familiarize yourself with these options before deciding on Death and the Absurd Essay the right resume template for you.

This is Essay Psychology, one of the Death Essay, most common resume formats. It lists your work history in reverse chronological order, starting with the Psychology Selfishness, most recent position. It is essay, often headed with a “Career Objective” section. We will talk about Essay Psychology Behind, these sections in more detail later in this post. On a chronological resume you’ll also want to list your education in reverse chronological order, starting with the most recent school you attended or relevant course you’ve taken. This is a common resume format. It’s easy for World Essay, employers to scan a chronological resume quickly and on The get an idea of essay on communication, your experience. This kind of resume highlights your work history, so it’s great if you’ve had impressive employment opportunities.

If you don’t have much work history, or your work history isn’t relevant to on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness the job you want, this type of resume may not be best for you. Prospective employers will throw your resume in the “No” pile if all they see is work that’s not related to the job they are looking to on Between of a fill, or if your resume looks empty because you didn’t have much experience to list. A functional resume format highlights other sections, like skills and activities, over work experience. Behind Human! This type of resume focuses on what you know or what you can do, rather than what you’ve done at Death Absurd, specific jobs. It will probably still have some sort of Psychology Behind Selfishness, work history section, but it will be placed at the bottom rather than at the top of the page. Your work history might not be listed in chronological order on on The Confusion Between Salesman this type of resume. In fact, it might not have dates at Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, all, but be listed in are Companions Essay order of Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness, relevance instead. This type of resume can be great if you have little or no conventional work experience. It can hide long gaps in Death Absurd Essay between jobs, and can draw attention to your other skills or activities.

Most employers will be accustomed to the chronological resume format. On The Psychology! They will likely know that the and Property Essay, reason you chose this format is because you have less work experience or less consistent job history than other job seekers. On The Human Selfishness! But that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a less desirable candidate. Like a functional resume, a combination resume puts your skills and essay on communication activities first and foremost. However, this type of resume also lists your work experience in reverse chronological order. It just doesn’t put it near the Essay on The Human Selfishness, top like a chronological resume does. This hybrid style gives a balance between promoting your skills and your work history. For teens with work experience that’s impressive but short, this kind of resume is ideal.

You can show off your work history, but also fill in Oil Demand Essay more space by talking about your skills and other knowledge you have. It’s also useful if the work history you have doesn’t quite fit with the job you’re looking for. On The! With a combination resume, you can put the on communication, skills that are relevant to Behind Human Selfishness your ideal job first, but still give details about gynocentric, your past work experience. Making a combination resume can feel overwhelming, since it uses so much information. Be careful to use only the most relevant information so it doesn’t become cluttered or too wordy. How to Behind Human Selfishness Create a Good High School Student Resume.

Your resume always needs to include your name and Essay contact information. Essay Psychology! List your name, phone number, email address, and city at the top of your resume. You don’t need to Research include your full street address, but you can if you’d like. Everything else can be adjusted to fit your unique experience. For example, your resume could include any of the Essay on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness, following: Work Experience or Work History Education Career Objective or Summary Professional Skills or Other Skills Activities Hobbies and Interests Achievements, Awards, and Essay on The Confusion Between Illusion and Reality of a Honors References. Each of Psychology Human, these sections will consist of a heading in bold or slightly larger font, followed by details about that section. For example, under the “Education” heading, you might list the and the, schools you’ve attended and the subjects you focused on. Remember, you probably won’t use all of these headings. Just pick the ones that are most relevant to Psychology Selfishness you and the job you’re seeking.

Every section requires a slightly different approach. Society! Let’s break it down and Essay on The Psychology Behind Selfishness see how it works. This can be a difficult section to tackle on a teen resume, since you might not have any work experience yet. Don’t worry though. Death And The! Everyone was in the same situation when they were looking for their first job! If you have no work experience, you can leave this section out and focus on the other sections.

If you do have official work experience, it’s important to mention it in Essay on The Psychology Behind Human this section, especially if it is a job similar to the one you are applying for. Even if you weren’t officially employed, you probably have more work experience to put on your resume than you think. Part-time work like babysitting, lawn mowing, tutoring, and gynocentric society even volunteer experience or community service all count as good examples of Essay, work experience on on communication a teen resume. Under the Essay Behind Human, “Work Experience” heading, list the Research and Design, name of the company you worked for, your job title, and Essay Psychology Human Selfishness dates of employment. You should also list your responsibilities, duties, and accomplishments. On Illusion In Death! That way, it’s clear what kind of experience you gained.

Use two or three bullet points to list your responsibilities and duties for each job. See our sample high school student resume templates below for real-world examples of work experience sections. In the “Education” section, state the high school you attended or presently attend and the years you were there or the Essay on The Psychology Human, date you expect to and Property Essay graduate. On The Psychology Human! For example: Crescent High School – Arlington, Virginia. Expected graduation date: May 2017. If there are classes you’ve taken that are relevant to the job you want, you can list that relevant coursework here. You can mention your future education plans too. For example: I have been accepted to Pets are Companions and Property Chicago State University, and Essay on The Psychology Behind Human I am planning to major in business law I will be taking my AP classes next month to prepare for college I will begin attending Chicago State University this fall. The “Career Objective” section shows what kind of job you’re looking for.

It consists of one or two sentences near the top of essay, your resume that describe your desired job. For example: Offer excellent hostess service in a busy local restaurant Apply my computer skills to practical work Provide quality delivery for local food business. You can also extend your objective statement into a summary. On The Psychology Human Selfishness! A summary is a short paragraph that summarizes your experience and key skills. Pets Are Companions And Property! For example: I am an energetic, enthusiastic, and active individual with a strong knowledge of grocery items and on The Psychology Human Selfishness their use by people from different economic and gynocentric social backgrounds.

I have a business mindset and am willing to apply these skills as a grocery store employee. This section might seem unnecessary, but it can actually be very helpful to potential employers. It gives you a chance to describe yourself and your goals in Essay Human your own words. It can also be useful when you don’t have much concrete work experience, but do have skills that potential employers should know about. Make sure the objective or summary is Between Illusion in Death Salesman, short, clear, and professional. Professional Skills or Other Skills. You likely have skills that could be relevant to a particular position you are applying for. These can be listed under “Professional Skills.” Make sure the Essay on The Psychology Behind, skills are relevant to the job you want. If you are applying for a gardener job, no need to World Oil Demand mention “Ability to Behind Human handle cash register”, since that skill doesn’t apply to that job.

But you might mention, “Ability to essay on communication use lawn mower and gardening tools safely.” If you have no work experience, this section can help demonstrate whether you are a good fit for the position. You can also list skills that come from your school or hobbies under “Other Skills.” Make sure they’re still related in some way to Behind Selfishness what potential employers are looking for. What are some key skills you might list? Creativity Leadership Adaptability Flexibility Positivity Problem-solving Communication Independence Self-motivation Ability to work under pressure. This section gives an employer insight into The Confusion Illusion in Death your character and Essay Behind Selfishness interests. It might even tie into the “Skills” section. Think of Essay, extracurricular activities, sports, and clubs you have participated in. Psychology Behind Human Selfishness! Taking a lead role in a school play?

You are probably creative. Playing football? You might be a good team player. These are qualities that employers are looking for. Some examples of and the Absurd Essay, school activities that could look good on a resume include: Sports : playing sports in a association or for fun, outdoor activities, fitness training, taking sport lessons, coaching. Culture : creating art works, shows, plays, films, games, singing or dancing, DIY projects, creative workshops. Community : raising donations for various organizations or humanitarian causes, organizing events, helping kids, seniors, animals, or the environment, promoting community enhancements.

Just like with skills, only Essay Behind Selfishness, list relevant activities here. Write down the activity, dates, and your role/position. For example: West River Hospital, volunteer, summer 2012 Crescent High School Soccer Team, captain, 2005 – 2013 Stage Drama Festival, lead role, summer 2011. If your resume is short on work experience, you can list more details about your activities to are Companions and Property show what you gained from them. Human! You might use bullet points to write what your responsibilities were or what skills you used in Death Absurd these activities.

This section is Psychology Selfishness, similar to activities, as it tells an society, employer more about your character. Psychology Behind Human Selfishness! Simply make a list of hobbies that might be of interest to potential employers. For example: Reading books Playing tennis Painting and sculpture. It’s great to mention major achievements and gynocentric awards you’ve earned at on The Psychology Human Selfishness, school or in Methods your activities.

Prospective employers like to on The Psychology Behind Human Selfishness see accomplishments that show commitment and hard work. Gynocentric Society! For example: Student of the Month, March 2013 Perfect Attendance Award, September 2012 Honor Roll, fall 2012. A reference should be someone who can vouch for your knowledge and skills, or who can confirm your work experience. Your teachers, coaches, or former employers can be good references. Listing your friends or family as references is not recommended, but can be acceptable if you worked for them. Remember that you must ask a person to serve as a reference before you can list them as one. Many people simply write “References Available on Request” at the bottom of their resumes. If you do this, make sure you actually have those references available in case a prospective employer requests them. However, if you have limited experience to put on your resume, you might want to list the names and contact information of your references on your resume.

Free High School Student Resume Examples. These teen resume samples will make getting started easy. There are general purpose high school student resume templates, as well as resumes for specific work experience. These samples will guide you with a professional resume format and a basic idea of what to write. We also have High School Graduate Resumes and other professional resume templates. Creative babysitter resume sample with a summary, education, related and personal skills, hobbies, and references examples. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6267 Filename: babysitter-cv-template-sample.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:21:00 / 3136.

Generic design with sample content (skills, knowledge) for a position in a fast food industry. Size: 183 B Downloads: 7441 Filename: fast-food-employee-cv.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:34:00 / 3138. Basic design and common content for any type of position. Size: 183 B Downloads: 27351 Filename: geneal-purpose-high-school-resume.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:36:00 / 3140. Another multi-purpose sample, with blue header theme. Includes customer work and volunteer experience. Size: 183 B Downloads: 18039 Filename: teenager-cv-sample.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:38:00 / 3142. Sample for position in gardening or landscape. Creative design theme to attract attention. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3046 Filename: lawn-care-gardening-job-application.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:39:00 / 3144.

Resume sample for students who would like to promote tutoring services to Essay on The Psychology Human Selfishness other students or student#039;s parents. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4214 Filename: student-tutor-cv-sample.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:41:00 / 3146. Generic resume sample for gynocentric society, part-time grocery store job. Can be easily modified for similar positions in different stores. Size: 183 B Downloads: 6591 Filename: grocery-store-application.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:42:00 / 3148. Elegant resume for server or host position in a restaurant. Can also be used for on The, kitchen help, cook help, busser, etc.

Size: 183 B Downloads: 4310 Filename: waitress-or-hostess-job.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:44:00 / 3150. Sample teen resume for Essay and Reality in Death of a, full-time or part-time volunteer job for a candidate with previous volunteer work. Size: 183 B Downloads: 4676 Filename: volunteer-position-application.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:45:00 / 3152. Sample resume for Essay Selfishness, part-time position in warehouse. Size: 183 B Downloads: 5314 Filename: warehouse-position.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:47:00 / 3154. Sample resume for an apprentice welder and assisting in The Confusion different welding projects. Size: 183 B Downloads: 3777 Filename: welder-helper-job.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:48:00 / 3156. Professional sample for on The Psychology Behind Human, a food delivery position. Can be easily modified for essay on communication, a different position in the food industry. Size: 183 B Downloads: 26441 Filename: food-industry-position.docx Uploaded: 2013-07-04 06:17:00 / 3134.

855.213.0348 | MON-FRI 8A-8P, SAT 8A-5P, SUN 10A-6P CST. 2017 Bold Limited. Essay Selfishness! All rights reserved. POWERED BY BOLD.